Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 03:06:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ALAN JOINS LINE-UP FOR CMT DISASTER RELIEF CONCERT ----THANK YOU !  (Read 4973 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:16:52 pm »

ALAN JOINS LINE-UP FOR CMT DISASTER RELIEF CONCERT

SET TO PREMIERE LIVE ON
THURSDAY, MAY 12 AT 9 P.M. ET/8 P.M. CT

Talent line-up includes Hank Williams, Jr. and Alabama,
Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans and Tim McGraw

CMT and its pro-social initiative CMT One Country will air a live, 90-minute concert special featuring Hank Williams, Jr. and Alabama, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Ronnie Dunn, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw and many others to raise awareness and funds for those affected by the recent devastating storms, flooding and tornadoes.  The fundraising special will air live from Nashville on Thursday, May 12 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on CMT and will be simulcast on CMT.com.  Additional artists to be announced; all money raised will benefit the American Red Cross Disaster Relief efforts.

Hank Williams, Jr. got the ball rolling on the fundraising event this past weekend when he reached out to CMT to express his urgent desire to address the disaster:  “I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing on TV.  Alabama is home - I am really pumped about helping.  I want to raise lot of money, and thanks to my good friends, we are going to be able to make a difference.”

"CMT's audience is reaching out to us, and to our stars, in desperation,” said Brian Philips, president, CMT.  “The other seismic news events of the past few days have had the unintended effect of limiting media coverage of this massive, historic American disaster.  Simply put, CMT and our artists will not allow this to happen.  We will raise money, and we will shine the brightest possible light on the urgent needs of our courageous neighbors.  On behalf of CMT, MTV Networks and Viacom, we strongly urge other organizations to join us in this labor of love."

“Our hearts go out to every person affected by these storms, and we’re grateful for every donation that enables the Red Cross to do whatever we possibly can do to ease their suffering and give them help,” said Gail McGovern, president and CEO of the American Red Cross.

**CMT One Country encourages you to support our neighbors affected by the recent devastating tornadoes and floods.  Please text “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation to support the American Red Cross Disaster Relief efforts.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 11:31:24 am »

Thanks, Beth. So glad Alan will be part of this. Have put it on my calendar.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:59:14 pm »

Thanks, Beth. So glad Alan will be part of this. Have put it on my calendar.

Harriet,
Be sure to watch it with that many Singers, it should be wonderful, a Great cause..
I hope you feel better and had a good day today, you had been ill, hope you don't have pneumonia...I hope the storms
are gone there too. we are having smoke from fires now, not good for asthmatics, I will stay in for sure..
Thanks Alan for Joining in on this for such a Great cause! Such terrible loss and Lives changed forever..
So nice that Alan is in this.. the last one we saw him in was fantastic, Keith Urban played for All to sing w/band.
a Great Line-up, they should make lots of money for this cause,. Thanks to CMT for this too!
We sent more Money to The Redcross, they are there for everyone..right away..a good org..

Nelle , Elaine, BHR, Harriet, Beth, and all you AJ Fans, Take care and I hope ALL you Mom's and Grand ma ma 's Had a fantastic Day! and Greats too, my older sister is one and he has three boys LOL Love Children!
God Bless,
 I hope  all the rest here had a Great Mother's Day! Congrats to the New  Grand Pa, My husband loves it! me too!
Jerrie, MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
pat906

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 05:34:00 pm »

Thank you Beth!! GOD Bless Alan and all the artists who have joined together to give of their time to  benefit all the storm victims!! Please donate to the Red Cross Everyone and keep them in your thoughts and prayers!! Pat E
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »

i AM WAITING TO HEAR ALAN FOR SURE...30MINUTES TO GO.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:49:46 pm »

Dizzy,
I heard Alan but could never get through to donate..Got a  recording. Later my husband told me he had mailed in to Disaster Relief for AL and MS for $500. I was trying all night to donate, not knowing he had sent that much.. I finally had to phone a message in for $10 LOL.. It was so sad , I wish it could have been more Singers there. Alan was answering the phone too, good Guy! He really cares about Alabama, MS etc and they care for him. I saw Twitter messages from Cullman, AL to Alan Thanking him. That is where we spend the night going to our MS house..Lordy! Thank God not that weekend! I got most of my Alan Jackson merchandise from cracker Barrel too in Cullman. the display was so nice.

Dizzy, did you not get through either? I feel so bad for ALL the people in Alabama, some lost everything. Think how that would feel. a Life is the Most Important & they lost so many too. I can not believe that many tornados! Lord, I pray that we all stay safe , where ever we live. God Bless You Alan Jackson for doing What You Do! Helping Others & Healing w/your Music.. God Bless, Jerrie-MS and FL  I hope Melanie is ok and didn't lose her family or home..Hugs and Prayers to her..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:05:02 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: