Alan Jackson
May 06, 2024, 05:43:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OPEN LETTER: Concert Aarhus Denmark moved to Norway  (Read 7991 times)
bertvlug

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:52:48 am »

Dear Alan and all his Fans,

How thrilled I was getting the news that Alan was going to perform in Europe after so many years. Ok it is in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, but to Denmark from my home in The Netherlands it is only a 8 hour drive and you must do "something" special to see Alan Jackson performing.

So I bought my tickets, booked the hotel and was counting the days (performing on August 13th).

How great the disappointment was when I got a mail last Friday that the Promotor of the concerts has moved the Aarhus concert to Norway ! No reason given, it has just been moved. It is no option for us to go to Norway, this is just to far away.

I know that Alan can not change anything about this, but I do hope that he, one way or another, gets to read this message and will understand that there are now a lot of European fans (who had bought tickets for his concert in Denmark) who are very disappointed that they can not see him perform.

I myself are very jealous of you all American and Canadian fans who are in the opportunity to see him on a regular base.
I will have to wait untill I have money for vacation in the USA and try to combine that (hopefully)  with one of his concerts.

Kind regards,
Bert Vlug
The Netherlands

country89

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:30:11 pm »

hello
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:09:38 am »

Sorry Bert, that the concert was moved. I also hope you were able to get a refund for everything!  I hope you get a chance to come to the U.S. or AJ plays again in your country.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:57 pm »

Hi Bert, i'm Jean from Belgium.
So sorry about the moved show. As you say make a trip on the other side of the Atlantic is a option. It isn't so costly as you think. The price of the tickets are the same and if you go out vacation season the airplain tickets are very cheap. I saw Alan in Canada and US and believe me it was it worth !!!
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:15:14 am »

Sorry to hear this Bert, I can only feel your disappointment right now..
I'm lucky enough to be able to make a trip to the US almost every year to Alan's concerts..
as a matter of fact I'm going to see him again next Saturday in Bergen-Norway

AJ IS THE BEST
Billstrom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 01:13:39 pm »

Fly to USA is not so expensive. Me and my wife will see him in Eskilstuna, Sweden (2nd row) and in St. Augustine, FL (1st row).

Canīt wait....

Alan Jackson fan since begining of the 90ths. All CD:s and DVD:s. Thanks for the Meet & Greet in Eskilstuna, Sweden 14th of Aug 2009. Have tickets for St. Augustine, FL 4th of October 2009. Will be more...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: