Alan Jackson
May 12, 2024, 04:37:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ACM Awards, Anyone Watch? Alan?  (Read 11685 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:34:01 pm »

Great to save the BEST for last, Seeing Alan was Perfect, sing or not...ALAN looked GREAT!
Congrats to all who won awards, even if I do not agree with most..

I really enjoyed Ronnie Dunn's Song"Bleed Red" and he did a great job! Congrats Ronnie!
I had written to the ACM Awards and asked them if Alan didn't win anything this time, he deserved to  Present/and or Introduce! YeeHaw!
My Dream came true!!

I was so excited when Alan came out and he looked marvelous! He spoke with heart and so nice "about his winning an award with Zac brown Band earlier and that they were going to sing another song with a  Guy he heard as a teenager, James Taylor" Great Introduction Alan!!
 I loved the harmony of JT! myself and they did that song Great and included "Sweet Baby Jane " on the end. what a great idea! So nice to see JT! a good Voice last forever..and his music lives on.

Alan looked so great and made his Fans proud! We know Alan won an award earlier, and we know he is The Best in Country too. Congrats to those who did a great job on your work, You know who you are..Oh Yes!, the Darius Rucker part w/Children was touching and he is such a nice guy. I saw him perform at the Ryman, he's a great performer!

Thanks and Good Evening! Jerrie-MS
PS- Thanks Harriet for the correction, I didn't see the red carpet but Now I remember Alan saying "they won it earlier"
in the intro..
PS- Check out News at the top of Home page..I hope Alan does get back to those drinking, loving, cheating songs, now that's Country! I use to love Vern Gosdin, they called "The Voice", still do..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:14:57 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:11:41 am »

we watched  the awards and atleast the sound was better this year and you could hear them  sing.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:56:52 am »

I watched the awards too. Prior to that I watched the Red Carpet on GAC. I was so happy to see Alan right from the start. Then they showed him a few times in the audience. He always looks great! I can't wait to see what happens with his music and career now he is with a new label.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:52:48 am »

For those interested, I've provided a link for several pictures of Alan at the ACM Show.  (hope it works for you)

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/k1EDLorWYPD/46th+Annual+Academy+Country+Music+Awards+Show/TYvNVf-QqJJ/Alan+Jackson?pa=1&u=xrgsVgXYrcp&tb=G&e=alert&l=title
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:58:31 am »

Alan looked SO handsome last night. Wish we could have seen more of him! Thanks for posting the pictures!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 12:43:28 pm »

Was glad I had recorded the awards so could
skipp some of the singing. It seems like it is
getting away more each year from country music.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 01:06:46 pm »

Watched the Red Carpet where Alan & ZBB were presented the ACM Award for Vocal Event. Keith Stegall was there- he produced ZBB's album. Alan got a statue & so did Keith. It was great. Then got to see Alan introduce the last song- ZBB & James Taylor. He looked great & did great.

I agree that Ronnie Dunn did a fantastic job & he got a standing O. For myself I thought Toby Keith ddid a great job too as did Blake Shelton with his new song.

Enjoyed the 4 hours but really tired today. It was worth it though. Great show as Ryan Seacrest pointed out. Good for him.

bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 06:16:32 pm »

I'm so glad that I got to see Alan through that link...man is he gorgeous!!! Saw him a little bit at the start of the show. I got so angry about 1 hr. & a half thru the show that I turned it off! If that's 'country' music I'll eat your cowboy hat! What is becoming of our good old country music. Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned but it just bugs me to no end when I see sweet little Carrie Underwood (whom I just love!) yelling and screaming on stage with Steven Tyler (apologies to any Steven Tyler's fans!). Will never watch another ACM awards show.

Carol
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 09:20:24 pm »

I'm so glad that I got to see Alan through that link...man is he gorgeous!!! Saw him a little bit at the start of the show. I got so angry about 1 hr. & a half thru the show that I turned it off! If that's 'country' music I'll eat your cowboy hat! What is becoming of our good old country music. Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned but it just bugs me to no end when I see sweet little Carrie Underwood (whom I just love!) yelling and screaming on stage with Steven Tyler (apologies to any Steven Tyler's fans!). Will never watch another ACM awards show.

Carol

Carol, admittedly, I'm not a fan of Carrie Underwood, but I share your sentiment on her performance with Steven Tyler. I didn't particularly care for the Rihana/Jennifer Nettles duet either. I guess I'm just missing the country music awards shows of the "years" past where it's all REAL country music at it's finest. . .no mixed bags and no popsy songs or performances. I really didn't want to stay up late and watch the whole show or watch at it all. . .thinking on recording it and watching it later. . .but my son wants to so decided to join him. Glad I did, though, as I also saw Alan and that was great. They say that country music is cyclical. But why does it has to be so? Why can't it stay true, or close to being true, to it's tradition? The rock 'n roll genre, while it branched out to heavy metal, alternative rock, pop rock and so on, it still remained, on it's own, rock 'n roll, if you can understand what I'm trying to say. If the new generation of country music artists and fans wants the kind of country music they're doing now and the last five years, at least, why don't they just branch out of the country music genre and start a new brand of country music and leave the REAL country music genre on its own. There is already alternative country, so maybe they can call it pop country, which is what it is a lot of them now are recording and performing? If nothing is done about it, I can see ACM awards show going the way of the CMT awards show and I'll be joining you in no longer watching it either. It's a sad commentary.

BHR

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 03:43:38 am »

Hi all,

All I can say is I am glad I recorded it so I could fast forward parts and rewind and replay others (Alan)...OMG my new favorite color is grey.  Didn't he look GOOD.  Wowee.....such a hottie and so sweet and smiling.  My favorite part.  I screamed when he came out and my cat ran for her life in fear.  Zac Brown and James Taylor.....awesome!!!

Gwen
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 04:17:37 pm »

Jeri,

Well you missed the GAC Red Carpet and somehow I missed Alan doing the introduction. I know they will show the Awards show again...hopefully I won't miss him this time. Thanks for the heads up. 

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 05:31:22 pm »

Jeri,
Well you missed the GAC Red Carpet and somehow I missed Alan doing the introduction. I know they will show the Awards show again...hopefully I won't miss him this time. Thanks for the heads up. 
Hi!
Yes, GAC is showing the show again..it will be listed..Sorry I edited my other post and it sounded so hateful, I deleted it.
I just get so aggravated when some win whom i feel doesn't have the knowledge of Country Music even..
My photo is gone and several others, does anyone know why? I can't seem to load another one..i liked the one of mine  of Alan but it's gone..
Sue,could you tell me how to do the lil photo in a PM, yours is the flashing one, Alan looks like Christmas , what am I doing wrong? also my smiley's do not work- none of them..
Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: