Alan Jackson
September 29, 2024, 12:24:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: April Thread- Come on in for a visit  (Read 49579 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »

Friends, we got through  the storms but they kept us up & going to the basement way late- got about 3-4 hours of sleep in bits & pieces. We were lucky not to get hit but there were trees down & power outtages in other parts of town. I feel better now after a long nap.
Thanks, JeanB for the well-wishes. We always seem to dodge a bullet with thse storms.

Jeri- So glad your sister is so much better.

Dee- Glad you are safe too.

Brenda- Glad your sister is better

Elaine- Think Kelsey made a good choice for her college.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 09:40:42 pm »

Hello to All!
Not much time but I wanted to say I'm so Glad Harriet & Dee and any of you I don't know about in the path of the storms
are ok.. Harriet, I know that is good news for you about your release. I Hope the tornado's didn't do damage at my son's
near Nashville, but as far as I know they are fine.I hope Alan & family are fine and his staff like Cindy etc..I have faith but
I get concerned to. so many lately doing damage. We meant to go to a friends but we hear there were tornado's in AL & it's on our way to MS.. so we waited until later.we are like you Kathy, a trip takes it toll on us more now.we used to drive
much longer trips and no problem , now we are tired when we get there & our car is confortable w/great seats!we is
 a Bit older lol.That accounts for it.
 Harriet, you are lucky with that basement, I would never live in a tornado area without one. My son doesn't and I wish he did.Harriet be sure to remember when  lines are down, to call and not get out, as the lines are still active and can kill. I'm sure you know this, but a reminder from ole Mother hen.

We had One of our lovely grand teens over for a sleepover, it was so sweet and nice.She ended up keeping us entertained
and is so sweet and polite.Love her so!

Take care everyone and this Grand ma ma is getting some zzz's ha!
Alan's trip for the Cancer Society with Charlie Chase , sounds wonderful. I really appreciate all Alan does for causes etc..
Thanks Jean/B , my asthma meds are working better now. I appreciate your kind words..
Stay Safe to All, Jerrie-MS

PS-Loved seeeing the photo's from Australia! Alan is so Loved there and here as well, world wide now..What's Not to Love huh !

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 12:55:40 pm »

Harriet hope the storms are over .Glad they
didn't do any damage at your place.
Jeri how nice your grand daughter spent the
night with you.
Kelsey is now working so won't get to see
her much this summer. With her school work
and work she will be kept busy.
Elaine

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:10 am »

Hello everyone. Yes, April...the stormy of time of year. I hope everyone is safe out there. It's been a bit scary here in Indianapolis a couple of times already, but not near as bad as other areas of the country.  Last spring started out really wet & stormy too then got so dry later. Everything is so green after ending up so brown at the end of last year's drought. I will never forget travelling through Nashville last May, the weekend after the flood. People were out everywhere piling damaged property on the side of the road, and mud way up on the shrubs & trees.  I sure hope that doesn't happen again anywhere this year. Take care everyone..

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2011, 12:45:01 pm »

We had snow on the ground this morning!  YUCK!  At least it won't last long, but not a pleasant site.
So sorry to hear about all the bad storms & tornadoes that hit this past weekend.  Prayers & thoughts to all the families who lost loved ones. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 02:22:49 pm »

Kathy we got up to snow yesterday morning to.
Thank goodness it was only enough to say the
ground was white and was gone within a two hrs.
Today it is only in the 50. I hope we start getting
some spring weather .
Jess went to the coast with her class.They are going
over to Victoria.Their going for four days.
Elaine

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 11:03:06 pm »

Hi friends,

Just a quick note to say congrats to Harriet and Anita on the good news on their health and also wish for you all to be safe in the US.  The weather is very scary so I am praying for you all....

Gwen
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2011, 07:45:57 am »

I know it is early, but I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter while I have time to do so.  This is a busy week and I'm not sure I will get another chance to jump on to visit.  May you all have a safe, happy and blessed Easter.  Leslie
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2011, 03:33:17 pm »

I  would like to wish everyone a Happy Easter.  It is nice to have a four day weekend.  Looking forward to it.  Our son, wife & grandson will be coming to our house on Saturday. Then we will spend some time with my side of the family on Sunday and Monday will be a relaxing day. The weather sounds like it will be raining each day except tomorrow.  Oh well, it is better than snow.  April showers brings May flowers. 

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2011, 04:36:47 pm »

Happy Easter everyone!  Y'all keep your snow up north.  Of course, we have the thunderstorms and tornadoes which I don't like either.  But they don't hit everywhere.

Hope Kelsey has a good time in Victoria, Elaine.  I went there about 15 years ago.  It is so pretty.  Went to the gardens there. 

Had to go to the dr. today.  I have a bacterial infection (so the dr. says) in my right eye.  The medicine was $$$$.  Hope the doc was correct and the medicine works. 

I keep checking to see if AJ is coming anywhere close that I want to go.  I'm not going to Chattanooga.  Don't like that kind of venue.  Too many people, and not up close enough for me!  lol!

The friends from Newnan who went to Surfside Beach with me brought me a nice cookbook of the Women of Newnan.  Mama Ruth was on the cover and a nice article about Newnan's famous "son".  They told me they would bring me a footprint next time.  I said I didn't want a footprint, I wanted an invite to one of the family gatherings.  They laughed and I said can you imagine what Alan would do if I happened to go!  He would probably high tail it out of there.  LOL! 

Y'all have a wonderful blessed weekend.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 01:41:07 pm »

Sharon hope your eye is feeling much
better today.
Happy Easter to you all and I hope the weather
will be nice that day.
It is sunny here for a change.Suppose to be in
the 70 for Easter Sunday.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 02:11:02 pm »

Happy Easter everybody;
Still beautiful weather in Belgium. We've got 27°C / 81°F today.
Enjoy the weekend.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:24 pm »

Happy Easter to all of you great friends. We have finally got rid of the thunderstorms that were coming so frequently- the next batch is due Monday & Tuesday so we will have a decent weekend. I'm doing well overall but still tire so easily- it's frustrating to wait for my stregth to come back. But I'm glad all is going well otherwise.

JeanB- Glad to hear it is nice weather in Belgium & hope you are enjoying some bike rides.

Elaine- That's great that you will have nice weather for Easter Sunday- we will too.

Jeri- So glad we have that basement. That's one of the reasons we bought this house.

Sharon- Hope yur eye infection is cured by the drops.

Brenda- I see storms all over Indiana on the weather channel. Hope you will be safe.

Anita- Glad you will be with family this weekend.

Thanks, Gwen, for the well wishes.

Kathy- Sorry about the snow in Chicago.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 10:50:04 pm »

HAPPY EASTER  EVERYONE

I Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and celebration with family!For us it's Church and  be w/our daughter & Family.

Love in Christ and prayers to all, Jerrie-MS

PS- Sharon that cookbook probably has lots of great recipes. I have all my Mom's, she was an excellent cook.
So glad you got to enjoy and be with others. Harriet, I think we are set here for a good weekend of weather for Easter!
Take care to all of you! Enjoy!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2011, 12:17:09 pm »

Just dropping in for a quick hello and to wish one and all a HAPPY EASTER.

I will be answering some of your posts here later as I'm busy, busy, busy again and have no time to do it right now. Been helping my hubby get packing and ready for another business conference travel. He's going to Pittsburg this time and will be leaving tomorrow morning. He will be back early in the afternoon Wednesday. The "kids" and I will celebrate the Easter Sunday by ourselves for the first time. Wish I could go with him but we can't afford the extra expense for me.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

BHR

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: