Alan Jackson
September 29, 2024, 02:28:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: April Thread- Come on in for a visit  (Read 49600 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 11:58:43 am »

Sharon Kelsey has decided she is taking the
University in Edmonton and is not even going
to go to Calgary as she knows she won't be starter
there.
Jean how is the bike riding going. Have you been
out riding very much?
Sunny day for a change.
Elaine

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 12:23:02 pm »

Hello everyone from Indianapolis. It was beautiful yesterday and in the 80's...just a bit windy. We went for a great ride on our motorcycle with some friends. Today it is raining and in the 60's. Yikes! Thanks for the kind words about my sister. She is better and home now. Everyone have a great week!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:14 pm »

Everyone sounds good .
BHR, I suppose we will just not worry about the cuts or what is decided about future plans, until it actually happens. So much politics involved..I hope you are not affected by it however, in your situation..
I've been busy cleaning, Looks like Alan isn't coming around soon Dizzy..or maybe he will.
As our weather heats up, my asthma starts in again.I am on meds but I seem to get colds from everyone..

Elaine, I think your GDaughter made the best choice for her. Girls are pretty savvy now. my teen is already working on hers
wanting to go to Harvard..she is a straight A honor student.Children today are so much more savvy, and sometimes I feel like they miss a great childhood, for studying early on..They mature so early now it's scary.

Harriet, thanks for mentioning my sister, but things are pretty much back to normal now, she is busy with guests, always.
You can imagine how it is when the tests time comes.to check changes. but next time it will be less worry perhaps.
Thanks for your concern..
My husband says"It's time to eat", so it's nice to have two cooks in the family now LOL
Oh Lordy, just heard a warning in Nashville for a Tornado alert again...last week was rough near my sons..
Take care to all of you, Jerrie-MS
ALAN JACKSON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COME TO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2011, 08:01:24 pm »

Well we are in for another stormy night just like last Monday so that means staying up late with the flashlights handy & waiting to hear the alarm go off to go to the basement. Well, nothing else new around here, folks. Just typical Spring weather.

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, 09:51:00 pm »

In Arkansas we had the thunderstorms this morning,,      got woke up by the loud thunder  before 5am,,  befor the normal arlarm clock ,                    Heavy rain and thunder till afternooon., here.           Just thunderstorms was all we got.       And on tonights news  they said more rain on  thursday.      Take care.    All is ok here.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 03:38:53 am »

Hello all....thought I would drop a quick note to you.  Our weather in Ontario is unbelievable.  We had a hailstorm yesterday and they were the size of golf balls.  It only lasted 5 minutes but it was unreal..........then thunder and lightening.  This is not normal for April.  WHERE IS SPRING???

That was a funny April Fool Joke.

Hope the Government down there smartens up too.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great week!

Gwen
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 01:37:15 pm »

Brenda happy to hear your sister is doing ok.
Jeri I think the children are pushed into growing
up so fast.On the CNN news yesterday they were
talking about padded bras for 8 year olds. How
crazy it that.
Harriet sorry your having stormy weather.
Gwen hope you didn't have any damage from
the hail. That size can make a pretty big dent
in things.
Sunny and close to 70 today.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 03:52:37 pm »

Hi AJ fans!  I'm back from my trip to California and I had a wonderful time with my sister & her family.  The weather was beautiful the whole time.  Love to travel, but also glad to be back in my own bed!

We are having beautiful weather, but it's a set-up for a rainy, cool weekend.  Typical Spring!

I'm still catching up on reading all the posts so I can't reply too much.

Hope everyone is fine!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 01:17:24 pm »

Kathy glad you had a nice time with your sister
and the weather was good while you were there.
It rained during the night .Sunny now but suppose
to get some more rain tonight.
Elaine

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 02:15:35 pm »

Had the bad storms pass threw here in the early morning   when everyone is asleep.             Had the thunderstorms and tornadoes,, alot of trees down in some areas   and near us.          We are fine   all we had was some  tree limbs  down  amd no damage.   

Gone  Country    Arkansas
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:42 pm »

Hello,

Elaine, congrats to Kelsey for the Edmonton University. What study direction she had choosen?
Me and my bike are fine.lol. Thanks to the nice weather i have already more than 1,000 km this year.

Jeri, take care of your asthma. I hope it isn't too bad.

bb2832, are you riding your motorcycle regulary?

Harriet, Gwen & Dee572, hope you stay safe of the thunderstorms.

Kathy, glad you had a nice trip in California.

Still beautiful weather in Belgium. But nature need rain !!! We have sun and no-rain for weeks now. That's no good for our farmers and our purse.lol.
A Belgian girls-choir is touring in USA and Canada these days. The name is "Scala" and they are just WONDERFUL !!!
Warner Bross is sponsering and they are on Conan O'Brian tv-show on Monday 04/18.
             Scala' side : www.scalachoir.com/en/index.htm

Enjoy and have a nice weekend everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 04:14:14 pm »

Hello Friends. Just a note here to tell you that 1 year after my shoulder injury & 6 mos after the rotator cuff surgery the shoulder surgeon has discharged me from his care. So glad to have all that behind me.
We have severe thunderstorms approaching now- yes, again- so we will be prepared to go to the basement. There have been tornadoes with this storm. It will impact Nashville too.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 04:08:05 am »

Had the bad storms pass threw here in the early morning   when everyone is asleep.             Had the thunderstorms and tornadoes,, alot of trees down in some areas   and near us.          We are fine   all we had was some  tree limbs  down  amd no damage.   

Good to hear that Deb I thought of you when I saw the storms on t.v.  We came home a day early because of them.  Got home yesterday evening and the wind started here right after we got home.  Thank goodness. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 06:10:42 am »

Hi Everyone.  It has been awhile since I have been on here.  I hope everyone is doing fine.

Jeri, I am glad that your sister is fine.  It is always nice to here good news.

Kathy,  I am glad that you had a great trip to California.  We are hoping to go there someday.

JeanB - That is great that you are getting so much bike riding in.  Keep it up.

I saw the news last night on all the tornadoes in the States.  I saw Arkansas, Oklahoma & Mississippi had alot of damage.  I hope all of you in those areas are keeping safe.  The weather around the world as been unbelievable this year.

We have had a few weeks of nice weather, but today is raining. 

I can't believe how fast time goes.  There has been so much going on in my life, that I cannot get on the computer that much.  I have a little bit of time now, so I thought I would get on this site and see whatever one is doing.  We have a funeral to go to this morning and tomorrow we have a christening to go to which is two hours away from our house.  I just can't get a weekend that I can just relax.  All my results came back great from all my tests, so that was a relief.

The pictures people sent in from the Australia concerts were great.  It looks like everyone had a great time.
Take care all. 

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 02:06:46 pm »

After a beautiful few days at the beginning of the week, we are having cold, rainy, windy weather.  It was thundering & lightening last night, but we haven't had any severe weather right by me.  Hope everyone is safe after all those storms.

Finally feel like I'm back to normal after my trip - I don't bounce back from trips like I used to. 
Yesterday I took my car for it's emission testing - it passed thank goodness.  I'm going to keep that car for as long as I can - I just love it and it should be good for another couple of years.  It's 2002 Altima with 145,700 miles on it and it still runs like a dream.  Just need to keep up the maintenance and I should be fine.

Harriet - great news about being released from the orthopedics care. 
Anita Martina - glad to hear that your test results came back good.
JeanB - glad you are getting some good bike riding in.

It's cold & rainy today so I'm staying in and getting some housework done.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: