Alan Jackson
September 29, 2024, 12:21:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: April Thread- Come on in for a visit  (Read 49578 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2011, 12:25:00 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends. A new month is upon us. Here in Atlanta we have gray cloudy weather but will have a much better weekend. Things are going well for me & hope all of you are OK.

Brenda I hope your sister will improve. I am familiar with CHF having spent my career as a cardiac nurse.

Jeri- Hope your sister is doing well too after getting her good news.

Love to All.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:26:43 pm »

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY, EVERYONE! I got April fooled by my hubby this morning. He sent me an email from work saying that he's flying off tomorrow on a business trip and will be back on Wednesday so for me to make sure all his work clothes are laundered and ready for him to pack when he gets home from work tonight. Not remembering what today is, I hurriedly got all his work clothes ready to wash and started up a load. I then emailed him back commenting on how he was not given much time to prepare for the trip. He called me a little later laughing and said, "Gotcha! Happy April Fools!." LOL! I told him I'll get back at him when he gets home. :-)

Harriet, thanks for starting the April thread. Time fly too fast. Before you know it summer will be here. The changes of temp here lately is a little bit weird for us. . .hot/warm one day, cool/cold another day. At least the rain rid some of some of the pollen in the air and ground. BTW, congrats! on the Braves winning their first game of the season.

Brenda and Jerrie, prayers for both your sisters. Glad to hear the good news about your sister, Jerrie.

Sharon, the grieving process seems to go on for eternity, but, as everyone here has said, it will get easier as time goes on. Yes, time is the best healer there is. Continued thought and prayers for you and your loved ones.

Jean-Az, enjoy the Royal Wedding celebration. I can almost picture you in your white robe wearing a tiara from Toys 'R Us (LOL!) and white (?) gloves. Be sure to have your picture taken and share it with us. :-)

Hello! to the rest of you here. Take care everyone and great weekend to you all.

BHR

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:30:17 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 01:18:09 pm »

Harriet thanks for starting the April thread.
BHR did you get even with your hubby for
the April fools trick ?
Not very nice today. It rained all night
last night.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 03:23:29 am »

I hope this month is better for ALL of us !
The other day we were under a  tornado warning, now I do not like those but it did Nothing. So from now on I will not fret and do like my husband, be prepared, but do not worry ahead..I should be used to them as we had those in MS too!lol

Harriet, I hope we all feel better this month and get out some or just relax and enjoy! So nice to read when everyone is doing good. Thanks for mentioning my Sister, she is now Home and making plans, for things to do every day..She feels good now. Her husband worries more than she does, but he is very religious. He teaches Sunday School at his Church at times. As all of you know, who has cancer, you spend a lot of time going back for tests later.

I hope we have good weather this month and my asthma  will be better..and we can enjoy ourselves more, especially if Alan comes to Florida! We AJ Fans, can all see each other too! I think I have aged since I saw you Guys last lol..

Take care to all of you, I wont mention all by name but all of you who are so dear to me. Tammy I hope your Dad is better now..haven't forgotten you either.Dizzy, Nelle, Jean/AZ, you ladies do more than I do recently ha! So glad you feel well.
Thanks Harriet for starting out April, nice! The Months are flying by!
Love to all, In Christ, Jeri

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:17:24 am »

Thanks for starting the thread Harriet.

I hope everybody have a safe and healthy April.
Still nice spring weather in Belgium.

Enjoy the weekend,
take care

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:24:36 am »

Good morning we are having thunderstorms here today in Arkansas.  All is fine hopeing  for a few tour dates to be added that we well be able to go to.     Everyone take care.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 12:40:54 pm »

Geting tired of all the rain. We are having some
sun off and on. Everything is turning green.Love
seeing everything come to life in the spring.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 02:53:15 pm »

Happy April to everyone.  I forgot about it being a new month and was finishing up the March thread!

We had a good time in Nashville.  Jerry's brother lives there and we got to see family from Ala also. Went down to Lieper's Fork and Franklin on Sunday afternoon.  Saturday, our daughter and her family from Savannah, TN met us in Hurricane Mills for dinner.  It was good to see everyone.

Flew over on Thurs., and returned Monday eve.  Tornado watch all day and our plane was delayed for 35 minutes.  Thank goodness it's a short flight.  We had to stay buckled up the entire time.  It wasn't too bad, though.  Now I'm trying to get caught up again.  It never stops, which is a good thing.

I didn't watch the awards Sunday night, didn't know Alan was gonna be on them, and when I turned it on Jennifer Nettles was singing with Brianna (Rhanna?) and I didn't want to watch.  Oh well, I'll check when it will be on GAC again and tape it!

Grant has started playing Dixie baseball.  We went to his first game last night.  He pitched a few innings.  He plays again Thursday.  I'm finished bowling so I can go to his games on Thursday.

It cooled off last night, but is warming up today.  There were freeze warnings in the mtns.  Thank goodness Jerry hasn't planted any tomatoes or stuff.  We can wait a few weeks.  I know we enjoyed them last year.

Y'all have a good Wednesday evening.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 12:19:26 pm »

Hello, Friends. Not much going on here but we did get a scare Monday night witha pretty fierce storm that toppled trees & downed power lines- fortunately we had no damage & kept our power. Others were not so fortunate. We were up late waiting for the storm to pass through.

Sharon- I know the storm went down into Florida- I think some of it went your way. Glad you had a great time in Nashville- always love going there.

Jeri- I hope you are Ok after the storm.

BHR- That was quite an April Fools joke- find a way to reciprocate with your own joke & then just say "Just kidding".lol

Elaine- Maybe all that rain is making everything turn green. I know you will be watching The Masters this week- hope Tiger does well.

JeanB- glad to hear Belgium is having spring weather still.

Hello, ajarkansasfan- are you new on the board or did you just change your username? Glad you survived the storm as we did.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:41:28 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 01:10:19 pm »

Sharon so happy you enjoyed your trip to
nashville. Is Dixie baseball the age group
of kids?
Harriet it would be so nice to see Tiger
playing like he use to.
Teresa and Kelsey are in Edmonton checking out
the two universities. Next week she has one more
then she can decide which one she will be going
to. Friday Todd and Deb are going to meet up with
them for the day.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 07:17:24 pm »

Elaine & Harriet, I have not gotten even with hubby yet with the April Fools he pulled on me. The timing has to be just perfect for me to make it work, whatever IT is. . .LOL! Actually, he has been trying to get even with me for the one I pulled on him that almost went awry. I did it in 1988 and he has been trying to get even good with me ever since. . .he finally succeeded. :-) He was still in the US Navy at the time and we were preparing for his transfer to new duty station in Guam. They had a Command picnic, which coincided with his re-enlistment for another 3 or 4 years in the Navy, 2 days before April Fool's Day (it was on a Saturday that year). One of his female co-worker asked me if my hubby would be offended if his co-workers pull a prank him and what's the best prank they can use on him. I suggested that someone at their work who would be on duty that day to call him about helping fix a computer problem and make it sound important that he actually goes to work and physically help them with the problem. Well, Saturday came and hubby was busy sorting and clearing out stuffs in our storage unit located about a block and a half from the apartment we lived at. I received a phone call from the co-worker and we put the prank into action: I would go get hubby and tell him about the phone call that they're having computer problems at his work and that he's asked to report to work in full uniform to assist them with the problem. She would give me 10 minutes to get hubby back in our apartment then she'll call again. Meanwhile, she and the other co-workers start concocting a story about the so called computer problems. Naturally, hubby was just a bit upset about the phone call, came back home showered up and started getting ready to go. Now, this is the good part. Their uniform of the day then was their whites (not the dress white ). As he was putting on his dress shoes in the living room our phone rang. He  answered it, very disgruntled, and didn't even give his co-worker a chance to say anything other than who she is and told her he's on his way out the door. It really worried his co-worker that she has gotten herself in big trouble now. The whole time he was on the phone and waiting for him to hear the "punch line," I was quietly chuckling. Then he heard it, "Oh, No! Happy April Fools! I'm sorry." Before hanging up the phone, hubby turned around and looked at me, as I continued to laugh, and gave me the "I'll get you back for this" look. :-) He's been trying to get even with me for that ever since but had not succeeded. . .until now.

Sharon & Jerrie, GAC is re-airing the 2011 ACM Awards on June 15 at 9PM (ET). Also, in the article from the link below is a link to their videos taken at the Red Carpet show which includes Alan and ZBB receiving their award for their collaboration on ASWA.

http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2011/04/04/gac-to-re-air-46th-annual-acm-awards/

The threat of the federal government shutdown is affecting my family. My hubby is facing getting furloughed and his still having his job back at the end of the shutdown period is depending largely on whether he will be considered and put on the list of essential employees. But either way, he still will likely not get paid, or if he does, it probably will be just a very small portion of his actual bi-weekly paycheck. Michael, our autistic son, is facing losing his federally funded supplemental income (SSI) check, and possibly his Medicare health insurance. And my sister and BIL are also facing getting furloughed and could permanently lose their federal jobs. This really sucks and plays havoc on our being able to pay for all of our bills, among other things. We're praying and hoping that by some miracles the US Congress  can and will somehow get their act together and avoid having this government shutdown. It's depressing and worrisome.

Great rest of the week, everyone!

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 09:47:23 pm »

BHR, I hope the members of congress on both sides come to their senses & work out a compromise so that you & your family don't have to suffer from a government shutdown. Grownups ought to be able to work this out. Both sides need to give a little & compromise for the good of the country.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 01:17:34 pm »

BHR I sure hope things get settles before they walk out.
Things our bad enough with out having the goverment
walking out.
Having a nice sunny day. Talked to Teresa last night
and they had good meetings with both schools but Kelsey
liked the girls from one the schools better.Now will have to
wait and see what she thinks of the school in Calgary.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 04:09:49 am »

Woke up at 3:00 a.m.  A long day.  I'm gonna be away next week.  So this weekend will be busy.  Some ladies from church and I are going to Myrtle Beach!  Yippee!

Thanks for the info on the ACM's BHR! 

What an April Fool's on your hubby!  He must have a good sense of humor.

Elaine, Dixie Youth is the next step up for baseball.  Maybe 11 yrs. to 14.  Grant's team won Thurs. night.  He got a home run and played 1st base.  The boys played well too.

I hope to watch some of the Master's.  We are about 50 miles or so from Augusta.  I've been to the course, but never been to the Masters.  I'm gonna take my clubs to the beach, maybe play a par 3.  I am a lefty and like Phil MIckelson. (sp)  Haven't even checked the stats for yesterday.

Y'all have a good weekend.  Grant and Kim are supposed to come over Sunday after church for dinner!  Hurrah!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 02:19:20 pm »

Hello everybody,

Everything oké here. We still enjoing the nice spring weather. Around 70°F.
I saw on the tv news that the US goverment found a solution for the "shutdown". Good news for all the Americans and also for the tourists. A colleague of my wife is flying to the States on monday. The trip is very expensive and when the Nat. Parks, museums and other touristic place are close, the dissapointement will be very big.

Elaine & Sharon, enjoy golf and basseball.

BHR, good "april fools" joke.

Harriet, as you know World Championschip Ice Skating isn't in Japan . They have a new place for the tournament: Moscow / Russia. From April 24th. till May 1st. Hope we see a great tournament.

btw.: What are you thinking about Gretchen Wilson's performance of "I'd Love to be your last" . I love Gretchen's version as much as Clay Walker's. Maybe a new start for her?

Have a nice weekend everybody

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: