Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 09:36:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "Duets"  (Read 14576 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:51:04 pm »

Randy Travis - 'Duets' (TBD)
To celebrate his 25th anniversary in country music, Randy Travis has assembled an all-star lineup of duets on old and new songs alike. Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Carrie Underwood, and Josh Turner are among the singers slated to share the spotlight
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:41:21 pm »

Randy Travis - 'Duets' (TBD)
To celebrate his 25th anniversary in country music, Randy Travis has assembled an all-star lineup of duets on old and new songs alike. Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, Carrie Underwood, and Josh Turner are among the singers slated to share the spotlight

Thanks Beth!
Perhaps an Anniversary Show also!When & Where I would love to go.... Great List of Singers There! I'm Buying this one! I'm a long ago Randy Travis Fan. I wonder what duet will Alan do. It will be great- no Doubt!
Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:18:38 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 04:07:47 pm »

Thanks Beth. Duets are always interesting.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 07:54:13 pm »

Thanks, Beth. I like Randy Travis too.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 10:53:59 am »

Beth thank you very much.  I like Randy Travis too. Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 06:13:39 pm »

Thanks Beth for sharing the news. I like all of those listed. Can't wait to hear more on this one. Keep us posted!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:56:34 pm »

Thanks!  Curious what duet they will do!  Two awesome singers...it will be great!

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 05:58:14 pm »

Alan and Randy Travis did a bit of writing together it seems..
Alan looks so much more handsome now and Sings so much lower lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGLdZikIxtY

Randy and Alan might could do this one as a Duet  or "Better Class Of Losers"
 Both Good Singers even then!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 08:48:50 am »

Jeri - thanks for posting this link.  The boys look sooo young here.  AJ & the strayhorns - sound great though.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
jamercer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 08:49:04 pm »

I can't wait to get this cd!
Thanks for posting!
Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 12:31:33 pm »

Randy Travis' duets album that celebrates his 25th anniversary of Travis' country-music career, Anniversary Celebration, is due out June 7.
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 07:38:31 pm »

I just read on CMT that Randy and Alan will do a medley of some of the tunes they wrote together. 

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 09:22:11 pm »

Thanks for the infos. Beth & AlanfanBecky. When I first read this news the first two songs that came to my mind that Alan & Randy might do a duet on is "She's Got A Rythm (And I Got The Blues)" and "Better Class of Losers." Glad to know that they're doing a medley of both. If I remember the story correctly, Alan & Randy co-wrote SGAR on Randy's tour bus when Alan opened Randy's concert show supposedly to pitch to another artist but Alan recorded it anyway and made a hit of it too. Can't wait to hear their medley duet on these songs. From the album's track listing, it sounds like it's going to be a good one. Here it is:

http://www.countryweekly.com/randy_travis_celebration_anniversary/news/5602

BHR

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 06:40:53 am »

Randy Travis Prepares Star-Studded Anniversary Album
March 29, 2011

Randy Travis has enlisted an all-star cast, including Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw and Brad Paisley, for a new album celebrating his 25-year career. Scheduled for release on June 7, Anniversary Collection includes remakes of several of his hits, including "He Walked on Water" (featuring Kenny Chesney), "Forever and Ever, Amen" (Zac Brown Band) and "Diggin' Up Bones" (John Anderson). Travis is joined by Alan Jackson on a medley of their respective hits, "Better Class of Losers" and "She's Got the Rhythm (And I Got the Blues)." The album also features Jamey Johnson, Josh Turner, Shelby Lynne, James Otto, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson and others. The closing track, "Didn't We Shine," includes vocals by George Jones, Lorrie Morgan, Ray Price, Connie Smith, Joe Stampley and Gene Watson.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 11:14:45 am »

Thanks for sharing the links. It's weird seeing Alan back then. Even though that is when I first fell in love with him and his music, he has aged well, and I love him and his music even more now!!!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: