Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 04:02:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donations To The RedCross For Japan  (Read 3737 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:49:06 am »

AJ Fans,
Lets pray for the people of Japan and our world,

I know we all have difficult times now and our own charities we give to, but  catastrophic conditions in Japan, we all should do what we can, even if everyone only gave one dollar.. Here is an easy link posted for the RED CROSS;
In response to the quake, The Red Cross has already launched efforts in Japan. Visit Redcross.org or text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 from your phone.
Unquote
Thanks, Jeri_MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 10:30:00 am »

Thank you for reminder.  I have been receiving a number of spam emails from various scammers for donations.  The Red Cross is a safe way to donate.  I know someone who does volunteer work with them and am considering doing so myself.

I feel some what conflicted after my friend told me that money to to other areas of need in the Red Cross will decline with a large disaster.  You can elect that the money donated go to Japan or elect that it go to another area, or where the need is greatest.  Clicking the red donate button on the right side of the home page will give you that option.

Last pay day, I donated $10 to Japan, this pay day donating to where the need is greatest.  I urge all of you to take a moment and look at their great web site, they offer much in the way of education as well.

http://www.redcross.org/
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 04:58:17 pm »

Yes, that is the Email address and this is on there, where to text to. I should have put the address..It's another way
to not give info out, and it will appear on your phone bill.( Our Spam is detected , I never open it) Thanks for adding that!

Actually I sent mine throught our I-Tune account and it goes to out to our Computer provider bill. So there no info
to share with someone, that doesn't already have the info. It breaks my Heart to see the babies and old people and all the people & devastation of lives..
Jeri_MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: