Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 06:01:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for phots from the Friday night concert  (Read 13678 times)
kreh80

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:29:05 am »

Hi every one,

I, along with my family, traveled from Townsville in North Queensland for the concerts on Thursday and Friday nights.

To put it simply,  these shows were just a dream come true for us. We have been listening to Alan Jackson since he first came out. I grew up listening to him, we play some of his songs in our band and always jam his songs at our family Christmas party. He has been so unaccessible all these years due to the cost of travelling to the states, so for him and the Strayhorns to make the trip down here, it makes for a couple of nights that we will never forget.

I got lucky enough to book both shows the Friday night from the fan club. They were both good tickets the Friday night, the best of them, were second row seats. The ushers didn't seem to mind everyone standing up so I was one of the people standing right in front of the man and his band. A big thank you for the opportunity given to us by the fan club pre sale.

If there were other fan members that got some good photos from the Friday night concert could you please send them my way. I didn't have a camera and my phone didn't take any good ones. I would just like to have some good photos of the that night. It would mean a great deal to my wife and I.

Thanks to Alan Jackson and the Strayhorns, and everyone involved in making these nights the stuff dreams are made of.

Kurt

email : [email protected]

ajsrose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 03:02:57 am »

Hi Kurt--just emailed you a few shots from friday night--enjoy--Rosie
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:17:28 am »

Kurt,

Glad you enjoyed the shows. How lucky...2 nights in a row!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
ajsrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:40:27 am »

Hope this turns out..Rosie

ajsrose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 05:28:35 am »

Lets hope it works this time..

http://cid-f4853e61b8fa4fb3.photos.live.com/albums.aspx
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »

Kurt,
Congrats on getting such Great seats !also you and your wife seeing Alan and The StrayHorns too!
Row two is great but all Fan club seats are good usually. I know it means a lot to you, to stand up at that stage.
It's hard to make photos and see the Man too. Lucky for me, my husband take my photos!
Congrats  on seeing Alan and so glad Rosie Emailed you some photos from that special night!
Alan is My favorite Country Music Singer. His Band is awesome too! I have seen him numerous times but I want to see him again soon here in FLORIDA! Smiley
Congrats Kurt again to you & yours, Jeri-MS
PS- Being a Fan Club Member has it's benefits, plus we meet lots of other GREAT AJ Fans here!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
kreh80

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 05:06:16 am »

BB,

Yes, I consider myself extremely lucky to have got tickets to both nights. I spotted the advert for the concert in a paper at work and had it planned to get on and buy the tickets the moment they opened. I did a few run throughs on the ticket sellers site and had my wife on one computer and me on another one just to make sure. Funny hey. I know a few other people that got on the minute they opened and still missed out.
The fan club pre sale, I jumped on as soon as they opened and got an extra two for the following night. Absolutley amazing seats. Goosbumps thinking about it.

Jeri,

Thanks very much for the kind congrats. I didn't take my good camera and I only have a cheap phone that doesn't take very good pictures. Rosie has been wonderful in looking after me with some great pictures.
You are very lucky you are able to access Allan so much more easily. I hope you have a good time in Florida and kick up your heels when he plays Pop A Top and Don't rock the Jukebox : )

To sign off I would just like to say that even though I got to see Allan and the band and even thought he signed my hat. The highlight of the night was when he said 'nice shirt' and handed me a guitar pick.

The surprise only came today when I was looking at photo's of Allan on the web and found a picture of him playing a gig with the same shirt on. ha ha ha ha. Sure made us smile.

Thanks again to all who made this happen, and to the good fans on this site.

Kurt

ajsrose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 02:28:44 pm »

Has anyone tried the link i posted to my photos from the Brisbane concert--Kurt said he had no luck with the link..
Rosie
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 03:33:20 pm »

Has anyone tried the link i posted to my photos from the Brisbane concert--Kurt said he had no luck with the link..
Rosie

Rosie, I did try it too and had no luck as well. I don't know the problem Kurt have with it, but in my case, I can get to the page but all I get, however, is a blank page. That is, when I used the Mozilla Firefox browser. So I tried the Explorer (IE) browser and on the page it said that either your photos there has been removed/deleted or you have not given me the permission at the site to browse through them. You might want to go back there and set up your photo album account so anyone and everyone here who wants to see it have your authorization to do so. You can also try using a different website that is more accessible for anyone. I think some of the other fans here will be able to help you with that one. Thanks for trying. We all appreciate it.

BHR

kreh80

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 04:30:40 am »

Yeah, same here Rosie. I get the page open but it come up with a message saying "This item might not exist or is no longer available". Who knows. Talk to you soon.

Kurt
ajsrose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:33:15 am »

I thought i had set it so anyone could see them-will go back and see what i can do as i really want to let people see my photos as they really good i think..Will see what other options i can come up with..thanks for your imput BHR..
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 03:48:37 pm »

ajsrose
* the Friday night concert

Reply with quoteQuote
I thought i had set it so anyone could see them-will go back and see what i can do as i really want to let people see my photos as they really good i think..Will see what other options i can come up with..thanks for your imput BHR..

ajsrose -

Your photo link works perfect & thank you for sharing ... they are awesome.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 04:05:56 pm »

Your Link works perfect, is perfect and LOOKS Perfect! Rosie... So Close Up and Great! Kurt should be pleased.
Jeri_MS
PS- To Kurt- I bet that is why Alan said to You when he handed you the Pick, "Nice Shirt" You have great taste in
shirts, as Alan is noted for his nice choice of great Shirts! Congrats! The shirt in Rosie's Photo is beautiful ! Everyone
always remembers what shirt Alan is wearing when they meet him. Love the scroll work on some and the fabric is so soft
on the black shirt he wore at My Meeting him.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:40:28 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 05:16:07 pm »

Kurt,

Love, love, love the shirt story. That's a great story.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
kreh80

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:59 am »

Rosie,

I have accessed the photos on the website. Some great ones there. I will send a photo of the display case I am going to build for the hat, pick and photo's.

Thank you all.

Kurt
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: