Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 03:25:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Son Jimmy  (Read 15384 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:38:18 am »

Spring has sprung in SC.  For those of you who don't know, our only son, Jimmy passed away on February 23.  It was a sudden death and Jerry & I are heartbroken.  Just glad Jimmy was a Christian and so are we.  We will see him again. 

Thank all of you for the cards, emails, etc.  I ask for your continued prayers for Jerry and I, and Jimmy's wife and son Grant.  Grant is 11 yrs. old.

We had family here from FL, ALA, TN, and NC.  My oldest daughter, Angela, was able to come back and stay for a few days and she left on Sunday.  We're taking it one step at a time.  Jimmy was 39 yrs. old.

The visitation and funeral was unbelievable.  Standing room only at the funeral.  Jimmy was a special son, father, and husband. 

Hope this isn't too much of a downer for some of you

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:25 am »

Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear this. My family's and my condolecences to you and yours. Our thoughts and prayers as you all grieve this sudden passing of your son, Jimmy. My hubby and I are here in Charleston right now staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel while he attend a 3-day business conference in town. We're heading to his parents' home either Thursday or Friday at another town in GA before going back home Sunday. Wish I could be there with and for you at this time. Take care. . .we, here at the forum, all love you.

HUGS,
BHR

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:18:37 am »

My thoughts and prayers have continued for you.  I think you know how terribly saddened everyone has been for you and your family.  You are so strong and it's obvious your faith
is carrying you.  Lots of hugs to you....Jinx

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:43 am »

Sharon my thoughts and prayers continue for your family during these hard times -  call me if you need someone to talk
to - Wish I was there to give you a hug my friend.

Hugs & Love

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:08:07 am »

Oh Sharon, I was devastated to read this news.  My two sons are around that age - I can't imagine what you're going through.  My prayers and thoughts are with you during this most difficult time. 
Hugs to you & your family.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:18:19 pm »

Sharon, so sorry for what you are going through. Prayers going up for your whole family. I know how difficult this must be.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 01:10:08 pm »

Sharon God Bless you and your Family. Our Deepest Sympathy.

As you said you know he was a child of God and this will give you some comfort, but you still feel the loss.

Sending Prayers up for you and your family every day. I am so sad as I read this, for You and yours.
We do not know why these things happen so young, but as they say "In the Sweet by & by, we will know."

God be with you and carry you through this difficult time. So sorry for his Wife and Son also, our prayers go up for them.

Your being a child of God will help you get through this. He must have been special to a lot of people with so many people  there for the funeral.
You are such a strong Lady, you do so much always for others. This will help you to stay close to friends & your family.
God Bless You Hon,and be with You,  Love to you and our Prayers Jerrie- From MS & FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 05:44:24 pm »

Sharon I am so sorry to hear about Jimmy - I will keep all of your family in my prayers.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 05:48:28 pm »

Sharon, so sorry for your loss.  Words cannot express how we feel, or how you feel.  All we can do is keep you in our prayers.   Leslie
suem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 08:26:24 pm »

Prayers and Hugs.

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »

We are so sorry for your loss.           we well keep you and your family  in our prayers.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 02:54:27 am »

So sorry Sharon. I will keep you, Jerry and his family in my prayers.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 06:01:17 am »

So sorry for you and your familys loss..Sending prayers to you..God Bless..

RAY
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »

Sharon, just wanted you to know you are still in my prayers everyday.
Such a sad situation for you and all your family.
May God Bless all of you during this difficult time.
Hugs and love to you from KY.

"Gone Country"  From KY
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 07:45:35 pm »

So sorry about your son Sharon, I'm in Australia now and haven't had much time to be on the net.
Prayers for his family and for you too..

AJ IS THE BEST
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: