Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 03:49:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sydney Concert 7th March!!! What a fab...show..  (Read 20832 times)
SR1971

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »

Alan was just GREAT!!! what a dream come true... to see Alan live in Concert!!! and he had the same shirt as I was wearing!!! I had bought mine from a Nashville Boutique - the outfits are Unisex.... Ohhh!!! I wish I can post a picture.....
He and the band was simply amazing and the crowd was excellent as well... the whole auditorium were singing... all his hits... Alan you are simply the greatest!!!

I now eagerly look forward for a visit by George Strait!!!! Alan's best mate!!
SR
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 04:31:39 pm »

Alan was just GREAT!!! what a dream come true... to see Alan live in Concert!!! and he had the same shirt as I was wearing!!! I had bought mine from a Nashville Boutique - the outfits are Unisex.... Ohhh!!! I wish I can post a picture.....
He and the band was simply amazing and the crowd was excellent as well... the whole auditorium were singing... all his hits... Alan you are simply the greatest!!!

I now eagerly look forward for a visit by George Strait!!!! Alan's best mate!!
SR
Here is a link to the show! See if you see Yourself ha!
You wear nice shirts, Alan's are always beautiful! It's his trademark to wear the nice shirts and holy Jeans & those boots and those wonderful Stetson Hats, but Best of all is his accent & that Smile..and Voice! tall Guy too!
So happy you had a great time and yes! Alan is great! So are the StrayHorns! So happy for You to see them !Keep
those thoughts of the Concert forever. Alan is such a kind man and Sings His Country songs the Best! Glad Australia loved him too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp4tqhw24AU
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:22:17 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
wye72

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:12:28 pm »

It was brilliant !!! 3rd row seats were magnificent and my Hubby got his boot signed!! We had a ball and Alan was FANTASTIC!!!!! I hope he comes back soonand I would nearly die if George Strait came out !!

THANKYOU for coming out Alan !!!!

Sorry I didn't get to see the other fan club members - got there a bit late and couldn't see u!!!
kalah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 06:26:39 pm »

Hi All - What an amazing concert!! It was so great I now want to fly to Brisbane for his next concert!!!

Joe Nichols coming out to sing with Jasmine Rae was a nice suprise!!

We were lucky enough to jump from our 3rd row seats to the front of the stage. Managed to get a Guitar Pick and my Phone Signed by him. Silly me left my bag with the merchandise in it with a friend and my phone was the only thing I had on me!!! Got some amazing photos - will post up soon!

Definately the best concert that I have been to easily!!
SHAE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 11:58:07 pm »

Wow... was such a great experience.. I would love to do it all over again!!! Smiley  What a beautiful easy going man.. A.J. IS WONDERFUL!!!!!
Dee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »

Hi all!
I looked for Jedda and Pirate-Anne but you must have both arrived late.  Jenny what happened to you?  You didn't ring!

Guys, I've been on such a high all week, not only because of Alan and the Strayhorns but also because Nan and her hubby Phil have been staying with my hubby and me!  Very little time on computer as we've been out and about but I couldn't sleep last night so gave up by 1am and have been on computer all night.  So now I've got a post to tell you about the past week......  Brace yourselves.  It's a long one....  Wink

I've posted photos on Facebook if you're interested.....

Life has been fast and full the last few days and it’s been so hard to find even the briefest of time for the computer.  We’ve been painting the town red ... well ...... maybe just pink?

The day before we picked up Kris, Nan and Phil from the airport I saw a green hat on sale and decided to buy it for Nan to wear to the concert as she’d posted that she was very sad that she wouldn’t have room in her luggage for her ‘signature’ green hat or her boots.  I thought buying it for her would give her a buzz as it was very similar to her own.  I pinned on the AJ pin she’d sent me for Christmas to make it even more like hers.  Then I hoped Roger, Mark and Monty would see the hat and give her a wave, as they know her and that she always wears that hat to any AJ concert she attends.
Shane and I picked Kris, Nan and Phil up from Sydney airport early Sunday morning then took them to see some sights around Sydney: Opera House; Harbour Bridge; Circular Quay; The Rocks and Sydney Tower (formerly Centrepoint Tower).  Oh wow!  We’ve never been up Sydney Tower either but, oh!!!!  The view!  The view!  Watch for those photos on FB!  I’m no photographer and my camera is pretty crappy but I hope you get the idea and if you ever come to Sydney you’ve simply GOT TO go up that tower and see it all.
Nan started to feel pretty sick by this time (still recovering from pneumonia remember?) so we skipped out on Darling Harbour which was next on the agenda.  We took our wonderful new friends home for showers and a rest but they were so keen to go with us to our church so off we went.  (There was a big Nancy shriek when she spotted the hat on her bed, so I guess that means she loved it!)  Some of you might know of Pastors Darlene and Mark Zschech of Hillsong Worship fame?  They are our new pastors and church ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the time we returned home again our visitors had got their 5th or 6th wind and were too buzzed and tired to be able to sleep.  Poor jet-lagged people!
Monday morning Shane (my hubby) had to return to work, so us remaining 4 intrepid explorers moseyed on down to the Australian Reptile Park, where kangaroos roam the picnic area and you can buy feed to give them.  I cannot get over the blessings God poured out on us!  I’m an Aussie, as you know, yet I cannot GET OVER what happened during our visit.  We visited the platypus.  I HAVE NEVER, EVER seen one so active!  Often they’re asleep in the burrow.  We visited the koalas.  They’re usually asleep in the trees.  THEY WERE SO ACTIVE!  Climbing around.  Eating.  (Sheesh!)  We visited my favourite lizard – the frill-neck lizard.  Usually they sit quietly on the branch of the tree and you’d think they were stuffed.  As we stood there looking at them the carer came in to feed them and ..... well......  you guessed it!  It just takes money.  (No, hang on!  That’s Alan’s song!)  I meant to say .... you guessed it!  They really put on a show.
By this time I was just standing there watching for the next blessing to dump on their heads!  Wow! 
Before leaving early (mustn’t be late for ‘THE CONCERT’ that night) I introduced Nan and Phil to the Australian ‘meat pie with sauce’.  Now THAT was another winner.  (Gayle, I want you to notice in the photos which T-shirt I wore to the Reptile Park!  Thanks a million!  Love it.)
Now what can I say about the concert?  There aren’t words!  There just aren’t words strong enough and powerful enough to be able to tell you all that’s in my heart.  Suffice to say it’s now 2am Tuesday morning.  I’m so tired I’m punchy but I can’t sleep.  I am still so wired!  Well, I’ll try to tell it all.....
Terry, I was wearing the beaded and fringed shirt you gave me a couple of years ago.  I was threatened with a mugging over it (fortunately the girls were joking).  Another guy wanted to swap it for the right to stand on the seat in front of him to take photos.  (Thank God he was joking too!)  Thank you for making me that shirt.  I LOVE it!
Phil, Nan’s husband, insisted on shouting us AJ tour T-shirts.  Then he insisted on swapping tickets with Kris who was to have sat just below the nose-bleed seats.  So Kris (from Western Australia), who, along with Shane and me, had never seen Alan in concert, go to sit right up the front, in Section A, Row 4.  Thanks so much for your incredibly generous heart Phil!!!!  ( I’m in awe of that man.)
As we waited for the concert to begin Nan went over to talk to one of the security team to ask if we’d be allowed to stand by the stage once Alan and the Strayhorns started.  While she’s talking to the security dude ..... out comes (drum roll please......) Roger Bob!  He’d seen ‘THE GREEN HAT’, recognised Nan and came down to say hi.  She called (shrieked, more like) out to me to come over and meet him.  What a warm, friendly, incredibly nice guy!  Big hug; photos; chatted quite a while, then a promise to see if he could get us some pics – the ones Alan throws out to the crowd.)  Before he left us I asked him if he’d mind giving, from me, each of the guys a little clip-on koala (- waving an Aussie flag, of course) and maybe, just maybe they might like to wear them onstage and later give them to their children as a souvenir.  He was more than happy to take them out to the others and that delighted me more than he could possibly know!
So we sat down again and a little while later I looked up and saw Monty on the stage peering at Nan in ‘THE GREEN HAT’!  (Man!  You gotta love that hat!!!!)  I elbowed Nan hard enough to knock her off the seat (more or less – less than more) to draw her attention and I think she may have shrieked again, I can’t remember, but she grabbed Kris and me and dragged us over to meet him too.  Somehow I got there first (and I promise I didn’t shove her out of the way) and was totally blown out to be hugged and greeted so warmly.  What a terrific person.  Oh, I like this guy too!  We chatted a while and before he walked off I asked him about the koala and he grinned and assured me it was on his cap.
Roger popped back a little while later with those pics for us and once again I was moved by his kindness.
Do you have any idea what it meant to me that Roger wore his little koala on the strap of his guitar throughout the entire concert?  And that Monty wore his on the brim of his baseball cap for a song or two, then moved it to his mike stand?  I laughed to see this little koala bobbing around, weighing down the brim of Monty’s cap!  Golly it must have annoyed him, blocking his view, but he did it to please me and for that I am so touched! THAT was the cherry on the cake of one of the best nights of my life!  Thanks Roger and Monty – you’re pretty special people.  (Big hugs guys!)
Now, I ask you ..... how could the night possibly get any better?  Yet somehow it did.  Alan was as wonderful as ever.  He evidently sang longer than he usually does – 2 hours he was out there for and Alan and the Strayhorns were ....... magic!  Simply magic!  What joy to absorb that incredible music and atmosphere.  Nan dragged us up (didn’t have to try too hard) to the edge of the stage – well, almost the edge of the stage.  There were these huge speakers between us and it but we were pressed up hard against them.  Then Roger began to play that bass guitar and my heart was pounding in rhythm with him!  I thought we were ‘having a moment of deep and meaningful harmony’.  But then I realised it was simply the vibrations of these monster speakers.  (Gee sorry about that Roger.  LOL.)
I won’t do the usual concert review thing and talk about what he wore and such – just look at the photos.  But I WILL say that there was so much to look at and absorb: from the special effects; the excitement of the capacity crowd – full right up to the nose-bleed seats - Aussies who’ve waited YEARS AND YEARS to see Alan and these wonderful Strayhorns; the smiles Roger sent our way(yes we saw them Roger); the bobbing koalas onstage .... AND Alan as he wove his magic over us all as we revelled in the privilege of being the blessed ones who managed to get tickets.
After the concert was over (sob!) we hung around again to say goodbye to our Strayhorn friends and Monty signed ‘THE GREEN HAT’ for me.  Of course Nan won’t be able to take home with her for the same reason she couldn’t bring her own.  So, now it’s mine again.  He couldn’t find a marker to sign the hat so I borrowed one from one of the security guys (who didn’t get to give permission as I snatched it as I asked if I could borrow it).  Hmmm.  Monty and I know he signed my hat but it will remain an open secret, I guess, as no-one will be able to read it.  It wasn’t the easiest surface to write on.  I’m sad that I missed the chance to ask Roger to sign it too.  I love it to bits and you’ll see my panda wearing it if you look at the photos I plan to post on FB first chance I get.  (Look for my ‘AJ/Americana’ corner?)
Our car didn’t use any petrol as we drove Kris back to the airport, then the rest of us drove home again, as we were all floating on Cloud Nine the whole way home!  What a night!
After 2½ hours sleep Shane was up and off to work, poor darling.  Nan, Phil and I went for a walk around my hometown of Budgewoi.  Nan fell in love with the beach and so we were there for quite a while, looking at shells, absorbing the peace and enjoying the view.  Roger Bob – you wanted to ‘get away from it all’ for a bit?  You should have been with us.  Check out the pics.
More meat pies for lunch (different flavours of course).  Then a drive to Norah Head Lighthouse where I lived as a little girl.  Nan and Phil LOVED the beach, rock platform, lighthouse etc.  Sadly we missed a tour over it by only half an hour.  Lots of photos later we got back into the car and followed the coastline south, through The Entrance, Blue Bay, to Crackneck Lookout.  Gorgeous view.  More photos.  Then home again.  Well, that was the plan......
My car was rear-ended by a young guy who wasn’t paying attention.  It was a pretty hard hit but thank God Toyota Corollas are fantastic little cars, and the hit was straight on so the damage isn’t as bad as what it could have been.  Hopefully I won’t be out of pocket for the repairs.  What is much worse than the damage to my beautiful little car, is that Nan has a rather fragile back from previous injuries.  So this smash up the back has hurt her quite a bit.  Instead of a lovely evening relaxing outdoors and fellowshipping with my parents, we spent the time in a Medical Centre waiting to see the doctor.  Thank God the damage is muscular, not skeletal!  She and Phil are still asleep at the moment, of course (what idiot would be awake at ..... hmmm it’s now.....  3:30am?).  There’s too much buzzing around in my head and I can’t sleep.  I managed 3 hours so I guess I’m going to be pretty ‘punchy’ again today.  I couldn’t stand lying there awake any longer when I really wanted to share all this with my friends and try to work out how to post pics for you all to see.
Today is my last day with Nan and Phil (Shane will be at work again today) and if Nan’s up for the long drive I plan to take them to Nelson Bay.  Gorgeous views; gorgeous beaches; and a chance to buy some souvenirs for friends and family back home.
I also plan to give them an assortment of Aussie foods to sample: vegemite on SAO biscuits.  (No! No!  No!  Vegemite is NOT disgusting if eaten the right way!  A very thin spread NOT A GREAT BIG DOLLOP YOU DILLS!!!!) They knocked back the opportunity to sample emu, crocodile and kangaroo (thank goodness – I’ve never eaten any of that either – but it’s a touristy thing to offer), so we’ll substitute that for a good old Aussie-style hamburger.  Forget that MacDonalds guff!  We can follow that up with some pavlova, macadamia nuts and good old ANZAC biscuits.  So I guess Nan will probably tell you what she thinks about all this.....  LOL.
I am so going to miss these wonderful new friends and I hope and pray we’ll all get together again someday.  If I could convince my man to leave Oz long enough to visit it would be sooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And yeah Sharon, I'd love to take you up on your offer too .... if I can budge him.
Hugs y’all (does that sound American or what?)
Dee.
Dee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 04:03:32 pm »

Hi Jazzybo!  Great meeting you at Acer Arena! Enjoy that pic.

Dee.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 05:35:26 pm »

Dee, what a wonderful review of your visit with Nan and the concert - thank you so much for sharing.  I want to go to Australia now!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
SR1971

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 05:37:24 pm »

I too am a Platinum Club member, but I was way back - far far away... may be because I only bought the $99.90 ticket!!!
Sad
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 05:53:42 pm »

Love the review Dee!!!  If ya'll know me I am the "shrieky" person, Nan, that Dee was describing!!!  It was awesome!!!!!!!  The ONLY way it could've been any better was if Joe Nichols had been the opening act!!  I am recovering fine from the wreck--just sore, and will get fixed up back in the states.  It was a night to remember and this is a trip of a lifetime!  it's completely gorgeous in Oz!!  AND we have the best hosts--AJ and the guys don't know what they were missing!
GTS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »

Hi all
(2nd time writing this, not sure where the 1st one went?Huh)

Anyway my wife, daugter and I loved the AJ show....man this bloke sings as well as he sounds on his CD's. Awesome!!
We absolutely loved the show, what a great performer. I am sure he would have been blown away from the respones he got from the Sydney fans.

Only one complaint (about acer arena) so please don't think I am been negative.
What annoyed us was when AJ came on stage, a mass of people stormed the front and if you were sitting like where we were (5th row $250 tickets) you couldn't see anything unless you stood for the whole show. The Acer security really should crack down on it, as it always seems to happen! Very unfair for those who are fortunate enough to have front row seats!! I mean isn't that what you pay platinum for?

Anyway we didn't let it spoil the show, as we loved every minute of the show...worth every cent!!

juliegray

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:36:12 pm »

Hi all,

Totally agree that Alan Jackson was amazing.  Saw him in Sydney.  My only complaint is the same, that the acer area it self and it security staff were no where to be seen.   We also , from the 6th row, had to stand most of the concert just to see and protect our seats, as the people who  rushed down the front not only stood in the isle next to use but then started to stand in front of us while we tried to stay seated. 

A  HUGE big thank you to the people in front of us who did stay seated (  Section B)  as my elderlly father who is ill would have been unable to stand through the concert and thanks to the sensible people in front of us he was actually able to see and enjoy the concert. 

My poor husband, received several blows to the face and other knocks, while just standing in front of his seat, to try and prevent others blocking our view( he had the end seat)  and the crowd pack into the small area in the isle next to us had several blokes have a donny brook or two ( punch up ).

I have been to lots and I mean lots of concerts,  Alan Jackson , Himself was amazing, don't get me wrong, but I really have to class it as one of the worst concert I have attended ( Organisational wise and security wise)  I doubt we will actually be attending any other concerts at the acer arena if we can help it.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 08:33:44 pm »

Dee,

Sounds like you were a good host to Nan & her husband. What a great review of your Tour. So glad you enjoyed the Concert also. I hope the back injury wasn't bad..
Dee, I agree with you about Roger being so nice and that smile of his is awesome, I saw him too and said hello.. Monty is so nice and I met him also. I'm sure you enjoyed meeting the Band guys too!

You really had a fantastic Tour. The Concert sounded a bit crowded at the front, but thta's the way it is at some venues where security is Lax..I love to stand all the time but I'm so tall, I always ask the person behind me if they can see , if not , I sit. Sounds like you girls had a great time meeting. I would loved to hear more about the Concert, what songs Alan did, what he was wearing etc..I loved the idea of your giving the Guys little snap on Koala's, they are so cute!

JulieGray, so sorry  you had such lax security, that is the venue's fault. I'm sure you enjoyed Alan.I do not like to be crowded when paying for costly seats either.. we got front row once in the US and people stood in front of us, making photos & we could not see much, so we stood.

GTS so glad you enjoyed the show also. Alan is a great Singer, so glad your family enjoyed it..

okiejacksonfan , take care of that back injury when you get home, sounds like" OZ" is a great place to visit  and you had tour guides too! Your AJ Friends.. Thanks for such nice reviews and I can feel your excitement about the Concert.
Take care and thanks again for posting your experiences! Unfortunately I'm not on Facebook, but I'm sure you all looked awesome for the Concert and Alan always does. Thanks again, Jeri_MS   from Florida!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
wye72

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 02:14:57 am »

Hi Dee - then it was you behind me?!! I wasn't sure where you were (couldn't remember) ... What a great run-down and how lucky to meet band members!!

I fully and utterly agree with juliegray (and hey she's my cousin!!) .... we were in section A Row 3 and as soon as AJ came on we were trodden on, creamed and it was horrid.  We paid lots of money for our tickets and I expected to at least be able to sit when I needed to (bad back) and still see.  Nope.  I sat and saw nothing.  Sad

Yes that is Acer's management and security.  I don't think it is fair that you pay so much money to be so close and people from way up back get to trample you, push you out of your seat ..... I didn't pay for that.

BUT that is the venues fault. NOT AJ!!

Other than that ALAN JACKSON was brilliant and one I will remember for a loooonnng time!!  I hope he comes back!!! Wish I could go to the 3 Brisbane Shows!!!

Dee - where can we find you on Facebook?
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 06:55:03 am »

Glad everyone had a great time!! Adds to the excitement of seeing him next month!!

RAY
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: