Alan Jackson
May 08, 2024, 06:35:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRUE or FALSE!!.........Alan Jackson did not do M&G at Melbourne concert!!  (Read 6689 times)

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2011, 01:52:03 am »

I just got a message from my friend who won a M&G for Alan's last Friday nites concert at Melbourne........she says that M&G was going to be held after his show!!..........she turned up and nothing happened!!.........did my friend miss out.......she says she followed all the instructions!!

Jedda
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:03:29 pm »

I just got a message from my friend who won a M&G for Alan's last Friday nites concert at Melbourne........she says that M&G was going to be held after his show!!..........she turned up and nothing happened!!.........did my friend miss out.......she says she followed all the instructions!!

Jedda

Jedda Hi!

The way it works here is if you have a meet & greet, you get instructions when & where to go when you Pick up your tickets. I picked up my Fan Club tickets at the Box Office, also instructions for the meet and greet.
Ours are usually to go back stage and they take your info and tell you where to go for your meet & Greet. It's usually after the opening act performs, the end of that, while Alan's people are getting set up for the show.
Not sure how it works there but sounds like she could have waited until the end of  the concert, and here it's usually after the first opening act or before Alan sings.I walked back to my seat from the front Entrance where we came in before and in a while Alan performed.
I do not know others experience , but this is how mine was done. you can always show your paprer to Alan's Tour Manager
and they will tell you where to go & when. I hope your friend's had what concert it was for, and if it was for later, she could still use it.. But if it was only for Melbourne, she must have missed it.
Hopefully some who had meet and greets at Melbourne, can tell you how they did theirs there.
Sorry if she missed Alan, was her M & G from the Fanclub or other sources.. I hope she finds out something. Good luck
Jeri from Florida
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:25:43 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:42:29 pm »

Jedda, I agree with Jerrie, although from some AJ concert my family and I have been to (I've never won an M&G. . .yet) the case seems to be that if there's only one opening act, the M&G happens after that act's show, as Jerrie has said, but that when there's more than one opening act, it's during the last opening act's show that it's being held. I'm afraid that this is exactly what's going to happen that's why I posted here late last month an FYI on M&G for all you Aussie fans who would win it (http://www.alanjackson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1182.0). I'm so sorry that your friend has to experience this. Did she speak to any of the security guards there about the M&G (where exactly she is to go for it, etc.)? If you have Jenny's email address, please do email her as she also had an M&G with Alan in Melbourne last Friday night. She has not emailed me about it yet so I don't know how hers went. I'm just guessing here, but could there be a chance, with all her excitement of winning the M&G with Alan, that your friend may have misread the instructions she received and that it actually stated for her to go backstage after the opening act's show and not after Alan's show? I'm also curious as to whether she got her instructions from the fan club or elsewhere. Again, so sorry, Jedda.

BHR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 04:28:39 pm »

thanks for your reply's...........i don't know how they are doing it here either.............she did tell me that she followed the instructions..........but he didn't turn up........maybe she did go at the wrong time........might have to get more information from her...........but no-one on here has even mentioned that  they met Alan at the Melbourne concert......

Jedda
muffy66

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 06:19:17 pm »

Alan Jackson meet & greet at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne Australia I won a meet & greet went to the right place before the show all she told me that he was holding it after the show at Door 2 so raced around there to get to door 2 only to be told he was not doing them the lady rang to speak to Jeff Hatfield & they said he had left. So what went wrong information not right. I have followed him since his first CD was put out the show was awesome!!!! but I am so disappointed
about not meeting him.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:19:15 am »

Jedda, I have just received an email from Jenny and she said that her M&G with Alan went very well and she will email me the details later. According to her that she went to the outside ticket box and after a lot of hassle she was given all the details as to where and when to meet Alan and that he did it before, not after, his show, as I have said before.

Muffy66, so sorry to hear what happend to your M&G. I don't where you went to get your instruction for the M&G with Alan, but, whoever you talked to either didn't know what she was talking about or just plain out gave you the wrong information or both. This is just so sad and I'm sure very upsetting for you. Glad you enjoyed Alan's concert, though. Maybe next time. . .hopefully, Alan will do another Australian tour. Meanwhile, if you would like to, go to the link I included on my response post to Jedda, above, and take note of the M&G FYI list I posted there for future referrence.

Jenny, thanks for your email. I'm emailing you back right now.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »

Alan Jackson meet & greet at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne Australia I won a meet & greet went to the right place before the show all she told me that he was holding it after the show at Door 2 so raced around there to get to door 2 only to be told he was not doing them the lady rang to speak to Jeff Hatfield & they said he had left. So what went wrong information not right. I have followed him since his first CD was put out the show was awesome!!!! but I am so disappointed
about not meeting him.
So sorry, I know you must really be diappointed..Some here haven't seen him at all ..
I think I would always listen to what they tell you at the BOXOFFICE, the inside workers at the Venue do not always give the right info..Security will help here , but I found out all I need to know in the Box Office where I picked up my tickets.
So very sorry..Muffy66... maybe you can get one for the other shows in Auntraila.
I have never heard of him giving Meet & greets after a Concert. He wants to be nice and Fresh to meet his Fans. It's Always after they get set up and usually after the opening act performs. He might even do it while they perform..
So very sorry.  Jeri_MS   from Florida!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: