Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 09:46:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: True or False ? Miranda Lambert Cancels Australian Tour  (Read 13200 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:13:16 am »

http://www.undercover.fm/news/13902-miranda-lambert-cancels-australian-tour
Summertime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:24:01 am »

sad but true Sad 

hope she feels better soon & makes her way "Down Under" real soon!!

counting down to March 2011.
Meek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 07:51:51 am »

VERY True and there is LOTS of unhappy people thats for sure.
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:07:21 am »

In my opinion this warrants about a $100 refund per concert ticket.  They are replacing an A act with an F+ that I heard once at Toby keith's place and we couldn't wait for her to end.  Unacceptable and extremely disappointed.  They should've gotten Joe Nichols to open instead or at least Australia's own Adam Brand with his Keith Urban style.  As someone giong to attend this I am outraged at their choice.  That's a rip off.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:23:17 am »

Oh no..I just read about her cancelling this morning. What a shame. I know lots of you with tickets will be disappointed. Unfortunately people get sick, especially this time of year. I know how disappointed I (and many others) were when Alan cancelled his Cincinnati show....but he was sick then. At least you all will get to see the man. Seeing Miranda with him would have been awesome and I am so sorry that is not going to happen. I didn't recognize the names of the acts replacing her...but it can't be the same. 

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
ScootinSar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 05:14:03 pm »

Sooo disappointed Shocked( I was really looking forward to seeing her and it was the only way I had conned my boyfriend into coming along! hehe
I was so appreciative when Alan was bringing such a quality support act because if I want to see a good aussie act, I'll just shoot down to the local RSL when they play there, or I'll go to Gympie Muster or Tamworth Country Music Festival etc. When someone of Alan's stature FINALLY gets to come down here, I would love to see them supported by someone I wouldn't otherwise get a chance to see, like Miranda... or Dierks Bentley when he came down with B&D. There's plenty to choose from HOWEVER, in saying that... at such late notice, I am understanding and I realise it's not as easy as a snap of the fingers to replace such a big slot.
A big thank you to McKalister Kemp for stepping up to the plate at late notice anyways and get well soon beautiful Miranda!
Meek

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 05:51:12 pm »

Scootin, I think people were really looking forward to seeing Miranda's talent for sure and what people are unhappy about is the artists that have been chosen as Miranda's backup. As you said you could go to any RSL to see the acts for a MUCH cheaper price.
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 02:09:37 am »

okiejacksonfan...........sorry for your dissappointment.  Can I ask how much the tickets cost in Straila?  I would think more than US or Canada??

Gwen
a_g_stevens

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »

okiejacksonfan...........sorry for your dissappointment.  Can I ask how much the tickets cost in Straila?  I would think more than US or Canada??

Gwen

In Australia the tickets were $250 each for premium tickets (which is what I got). Considering that for the last few years at least the Australian dollar has been not far off the $US this is a huge difference...
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 12:06:58 am »

Thanks for that answer.  250 is alot if you really like Miranda.....what a shame!

Gwen
kcgirl2014

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 01:26:13 pm »

that is sad
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 02:13:37 pm »

So sorry that this cancelation has occured but last minute ones doesn't allow Alan much time to get others. So sorry for all of your disappointment..I would love to just hear Alan the whole Concert, but he needs a break too.
too bad another from here could not fill in for Miranda. Most have Tours in advance. Alan usually never has many cancelations with him, or any of his openers.It's usually illiness.

I just hope Miranda will be ok. I heard her when she & Ronnie introduced the nominees and she sounded hoarse then, perhaps this was the start of her coming down with this upper respiratory problem.Get well soon to Miranda!

I don't see an opener is the same as Alan.. Miranda is a good performer but hasn't the years for Alan to have to pay for a
man or woman of his caliber.I have seen Alan with not so good opener and it's only last a small time.Alan is most likely disappointed also. maybe he will surprise you & get another from here to come take Miranda's place..like Sara Evans or
someone who could use the break..
I appreciate the Fan Club seats even more now, to see the difference.. I'm so sorry for your letdown but one thing for sure, Alan will make you forget this , once you see and hear him.Enjoy the show! I would pay $500 just to see Alan the whole time. prices are up for he and his band too, to travel etc...JP5 fuel is high now!
Enjoy the concert! Thats the start of an openers career, for some Singers.
Take care, Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
a_g_stevens

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 07:43:01 pm »

I would pay $500 just to see Alan

I would pay anything to see him too!

stuylittle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »

i saw tim mcgraw when he came out i paid $300 to see him they where premium gold tickets (total concert experience) at acer arena and i paid $400 for the same tickets for alan and was glad to see that he was bring a great artist with him and now very disappointed that miranda isnt coming i under stand shes sick but he could of got joe nichols his already in aus!!!!!!! but i would still pay that just to see him and soooooooooooooooooooo cant wait since i get to do a meet and greet at the concert!!!!
jotolhopf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »

So sad for Miranda we were really looking forward to hearing her but I hope she gets better soon.  No doubt hubby will look after her.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: