Alan Jackson
May 06, 2024, 04:44:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Good Time" Memories of Alan at the Delaware State Fair  (Read 5665 times)
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2011, 12:26:56 am »

YAY!!!!   I haven't seen Alan at this venue in a long time.  
Here are some long ago memories of Alan at the Delaware State Fair:

Once a long long time ago he performed two shows there in one night.  
  Once LeeAnn Rimes opened for him and she was still very young.
  I am pretty sure thats the one and only place I ever heard him sing one of my favorite songs  If I Had You!
  Once one of my boys was sooo little that he fell asleep in my arms at that venue...  (they are both in college now)
  Most concerts he closed with an encore of Mercury Blues, but I remember him ending the show there once with
  Chattahoochee and another time with  Who's Cheatin Who.
  Once, before there were fan club seats, we were sitting so far away he looked like a little stick figure.
                     BOY are we spoiled now.....
   Hope to see some of you there!
   Hope
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:06:55 am by HopeRothrock » Logged

What a Day Yesterday Was!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:13:31 am »

Hope I can remember reading about all the trips you took to see Alan
and all the posting you did for the reviews that has been a long time
since then but I was just reading the board at that time.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:29:54 pm »

I enjoyed reading your concert memories and am happy he is coming to your town. Now, if he will just make a trip to Indy, I would be ecstatic!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:47:52 pm »

YAY!!!!   I haven't seen Alan at this venue in a long time.  
Here are some long ago memories of Alan at the Delaware State Fair:

Once a long long time ago he performed two shows there in one night.  
  Once LeeAnn Rimes opened for him and she was still very young.
  I am pretty sure thats the one and only place I ever heard him sing one of my favorite songs  If I Had You!
  Once one of my boys was sooo little that he fell asleep in my arms at that venue...  (they are both in college now)
  Most concerts he closed with an encore of Mercury Blues, but I remember him ending the show there once with
  Chattahoochee and another time with  Who's Cheatin Who.
  Once, before there were fan club seats, we were sitting so far away he looked like a little stick figure.
                     BOY are we spoiled now.....
   Hope to see some of you there!
   Hope
Hope,
I remember when you posted here years ago and your posts about your children being small etc..Don't they grow up so fast! I know you saw him lots of times as I have also. and you are so right about being spoiled , as we always get close seats now.. It is great! Even when Alan toured w/Brooks and Dunn, our seats were like row five and Ronnie did "Believe" and I could hardly keep from crying. The very first time I heard Alan sing "Where Were You" I literally wept..and we were in front row at the Grand Ole Opry right up by the lady who sees that no one gets too close.. we could see the whole band so well. I will always remember that first time and can totally recall his shirt, words he said etc.. his mannerisms etc.
I just really hope and pray that Dizzy and Sue and any of you who haven't seen Alan up close, after all the Years of flying etc.. get to see Alan..Dizzy & Sue are such nice ladies and I would love for Alan to meet them. Dizzy, keep trying and maybe you will get one, if Alan comes to Florida..Never stop trying, you have gone to so many fan fairs and flown to TN to see him and all over. he is missing a great chance to see a real nice Lady Fan..Alan is so handsome and super nice!
Hope Enjoy your next concert!
Jerrie-Florida

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 12:00:32 am »

Jerrie I just got a new flat screen tv and I was looking at him on my new
tv and I always knew he had blue eyes but I never saw them so good..
My ole tv went on the fritz and we had to do something ..
And you know I won't give up on a M & G my day will come. If he would
hurry and come back to Fla..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
liberty52

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:00:06 pm »

He is a handsome tall man. lol If I could figure out how to upload some pics here I'd be more than willing to share some I took some time ago. Up close pics so you can see those eyes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: