Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 02:35:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New HOF Members to be announced  (Read 14939 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 05:05:37 pm »

From Kicks Country(Atlanta) radio site:

The newest inductees into the Country Music Hall of Fame will be announced on Tuesday, March 1st. Kix Brooks will host the press conference that morning at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville. Check out the current list of the members of the Country Music Hall of Fame here.

Image courtesy of Citadel Media

Provided by ABC News Radio

Here is the link to see the current members:

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/full-list-of-inductees/

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:07:27 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »

Harriet Thanks!
So nice to see Don Williams on there, Love his Music & voice, He is one of Alan's favorites too. I hope this year we will see
Alan Jackson-Brooks and Dunn and more that have paid their dues.Nice to see George Jones in 92. I Hope the younger ones who do not know the background of the Hall Of Fame, will wait for a time to be nominated. I am glad Kix is involved, I knew he was on the board CMT once..Will be nice to see him.It may be locally, a news Conference at Nashville.
I really think Alan Jackson should be on there, Look at all his Contributions for Years too! It's not that he is older, Just so much accomplished to be his age.. Both as a Singer and Songwriter.. I remember so many of the winners. Great, Great Singers!
Thanks! Jeri_MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:10 pm »

Jeri, I'm in total agreement with you. I could not have said it any better. Alan IS very much deserving of this.

Harriet, thanks for this info. Forgive me for a moment as I don't mean to hijack this topic you started, but I feel the need to make mention here the just recent announcement of Garth Brooks being inducted to the Songwriters Hall of Fame ( http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2011/02/22/garth-brooks-to-join-songwriters-hall-of-fame/ ). Excuse me, but exactly how many songs has Garth written or co-written in his entire music career compared to how many Alan has done that made him deserving of getting this honor? This is another prestigious honor that should have already been given to Alan, just like being inducted to the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Here's hoping Alan gets named as one of this year's inductee.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:40:49 pm »

They made a rule a couple of years ago that an artist has to have at least a 20 year career to be eligible for the HOF. I really think Alan should go in. And Reba too. And Brooks & Dunn.

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:54:30 pm »

I have a feeling that this will be Alan's year for the HOF.  I agree that Brooks & Dunn should be in there too, and Reba.  would be great to see them all together, but I doubt it.  I just think that this is the year for Alan.   Leslie
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 04:33:07 pm »

I would love to see Alan's name on that list this year!  He is so deserving!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 06:14:53 pm »

Harriet thank you for the info and I hope ALAN gets in the HOF.       He should be in the song-writers Hall of Fame too,BHR.
Take Care  Hugs  nelle
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:18:13 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 06:55:24 pm »

Garth Brooks has written some Beautiful Songs but as far as a Singer, I don't think he qualifies. His Voice is unusual
and he can raise a LOT of money and this seems to matter in the criteria ,more than talent, my opinion only..a shame.

Alan is among the Best in Country Music both as Singer and Songwriter..He needs to get more notice for his work!
Like some of you , I agree that Brooks and Dunn should also. Let them get it while they can enjoy it and know their work is appreciated. It will draw the crowds BigTime to the Hall Of Fame, if Alan Jackson is in there.

Jerrie-MS

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 08:53:16 pm »

I hope Alan gets in this year. He is so deserving & has had a long & successful career.I really am hoping for this. He will get in- the question is when. I think the time has come.

bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 07:28:05 pm »

Thanks, Harriet, for that link! Very interesting to see all in one place how many have made it to HOF. I certainly agree that Alan should be named to the Hall considering everything he has accomplished in country music. Sure hope this is his year! And also BIGHUSKERSRED, I also agree with you about Garth Brooks. When I heard about being inducted into the songwriters hall of fame, I couldn't believe it. How many songs has Garth written... certainly not as many as Alan has in his career & has had great success with them.

Carol
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 12:04:20 am »

Thanks, Harriet, for that link! Very interesting to see all in one place how many have made it to HOF. I certainly agree that Alan should be named to the Hall considering everything he has accomplished in country music. Sure hope this is his year! And also BIGHUSKERSRED, I also agree with you about Garth Brooks. When I heard about being inducted into the songwriters hall of fame, I couldn't believe it. How many songs has Garth written... certainly not as many as Alan has in his career & has had great success with them.
Carol
Carol hi.
Actually Garth has written some beautiful songs but not as many as Alan is right.. He started his career about the same time , however, I certainly do not remember that one! He got attention big time with that crowd in NY, but I certainly feel that alan deserves this ,among all, his other awards. I wrote a letter to them and asked what was the criteria for
it and they sent this long letter explaining who , how & how it works. Frankly I still can't get it..Someone told me years ago
there is a way to get to the top in Nashville and I believe it now.. Alan is always himself and isn't pretentious, so this might
lower his chances, so be it.. He will always be my favorite country music Singer and he could attract people to the Hall of Fame museum, just to see his work etc..Unfortunately this isn't the criteria apparently.I get so angry..The man is Great at writing and has one in the library of Congree"Where Were You", performed for several Presidents and many many more things that make him deserve this from where he lives.
If it were only talent, Alan would be there already..His voice is great! Take care, Jeri_MS

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 10:15:20 pm »

Remember the HOF Announcement is tomorrow, Tuesday March 1. I will be at a doctor's appointment so you guys may find out before I do.

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 10:25:19 am »

I have their homepage open and I'm Ready for The News!!!  ; )

fans should visit www.CMAworld.com on Tuesday morning.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:28:10 am by mar4aej » Logged
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 11:08:39 am »

Okay... all 3 of these folks Should Be in the C M H of Fame!
Sorry Alan did not get in this time...but I believe they do this twice
a year...

Bobby Braddock
Jean Shepherd
and
Reba McEntire...

Reba could not be there... because her daddy suffered a stroke
recently and has slipped into a coma.  She was given this news
'early' so she did share it with him before he slipped into the coma
 2 days ago.
She's in Tulsa at his bedside...in the hospital...
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 12:06:48 pm »

Here's the article:

The 2011 inductees into the Country Music Hall of Fame were announced Tuesday morning (March 1) in Nashville. The inductees, Reba McEntire, Grand Ole Opry legend Jean Shepard and songwriter Bobby Braddock ('He Stopped Loving Her Today,') were revealed in an announcement by Kix Brooks.

Sadly, Reba was unable to attend the ceremony, as her father has had a stroke. He is reportedly in a coma in a Tulsa, Okla., hospital. Kix said that Reba got the Hall of Fame news two days ago and had the chance to share it with her dad. In a statement, Reba said, "It is a wonderful honor at a very emotional time in my life."

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Reba and her family, along with our congratulations to Reba, Jean and Bobby for a well deserved honor.

Maybe Alan will get in next time. Congrats to these inductees & thought & prayers fpr Reba.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: