Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 08:45:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Again  (Read 10968 times)
miamired

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2011, 12:22:47 am »

I hope that I am still welcome here.  I know that I have not been here in quite some time.  I am a huge fan Of AJ and felt a kinship to several of you here.

So many great people and devoted members here!  My absence is is not due to any of you here, quite the contrary.  I am not entirely pleased with the way that the fan club website format is.  Not due to anything said by anyone here, but I did feel somewhat out of place at times.  By that I mean to say, my musical taste is essentially (classic) rock and roll.  Haha, over 50 years after rock and roll began, I can still feel like 'there goes the neighborhood" at its mention.

I am a firm believer in being true to yourself. Yes siree, I'm a rock and roll chick, one with diverse musical taste that includes Motown, Country, Blues, Bluegrass, Jazz, and Classical.   Perhaps I can maintain some respect if I affirm that I have disdain for rap and hip hop, LOL!

You have been in my thoughts and prayers, I don't know where to  start on this subject. Y'all must be letting your guard down, look what just blew back into the neighborhood, LOL!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:38:10 pm »

Welcome back, Miamired. You are welcome here as far as I'm concerned. I've been a rock & roll, pop & rock fan in the past but in 2002 my hubby got intersted in country & he influenced me to do the same. Now Country Music is my favorite genre though I still have some of those old rock & roll songs on my iPod. So I understand where you're coming from.

miamired

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 12:56:52 pm »

Thank you Harriet!   At times, I compare music to religious beliefs.  For example, I believe that we share more in common then that which we choose to seperate us. Rock and roll is a true piece of Americana.  Regretfully, there is not much going on with quality rock and roll being produced right now, thankfully I have a huge collection of classic rock to sustain me.
I love what my guy, Robert Plant did with Alison Krauss on the "Raising Sand " CD.  I love country music too, but not all of it.  Some of the young people are hooked on country stars that are not my cuppa tea, as they say.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 01:43:09 pm »

I do think Pop & Rock started going downhill in the 90's & that was one of the reasons I turned to Country.

miamired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 03:13:48 pm »

I could not agree with you more about the decline of rock and roll quality, exceptions of course such as U2. This is what I'm enjoying as I write.  I just found out about this song a few months ago and if it were a LP, it would have a whole in it, along with AJ's of course.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgWh3BDCw3M?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgWh3BDCw3M?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
suem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 06:40:16 pm »

Just like we all have certain artists so goes with the genre of music.  My musical taste is more eclectic than defined by a genre.  But Alan I love!

January

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 06:47:46 pm »

Miamired - Nice to see you back.  I think you have more in common with some of the people here than you think. Most are terribly protective of the Tall blonde handsome country music superstar but your opinions on music ring true - at least with me. I agree with the lack of quality rock - never was one for heavy metal - I always went for soft rock and folk but I have grown weary of the same music for 40 years.  I turned to country more exclusively because of Alan and I like Toby and Trace and Gary Allan and several others but not the newer stuff - Taylor, Carrie, Jason Aldean - Brad Paisley - too much of the same sound and too pop for me. I hope you come back often - the board is pretty slow and a lot of people have left not liking the lack of a platinum area. It's sad really - if you see what happens on Trace and Toby's board - a million people each day.  I miss Amber - too bad she isn't with Alan's crew anymore.  PS I like Raising Sand too - great piece of work!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 07:56:28 pm »

Well said Suem and January! By the way, call me Carolyn, just don't call me late to dinner, haha.  When I was younger, I would only listen to rock, but in the 70's, was blessed with great rock and roll.  The blessings of maturity have opened up my musical ears.

I am certain that many here have heard the Grammy award winning CD, Van Lear Rose by Loretta Lynn and Jack White.  At 52, I'm old enough to be Jack Whites mother.  When I first heard Jack White with His former group, The White Stripes, I blew him off, thinking that, whoooa, I am to old for this.  After his work with Loretta, did research on him and I am humbled.  There is a lot about him and Van Lear Rose on YouTube, including a 60 Minutes interview with him and his struggles with getting that music played, etc.  later, I bought the guitar doc DVD, "It Might Get Loud' with him, Jimmy Page and The Edge of U2.  I say bravo to this young person.  He is one fine guitarist, and the more successful he becomes, the more he devotes himself to the grassroots American music.

Forgive my long winded point here, but in essence, I can absolutely picture picture AJ and his bad jammin' with Jimmy Page, Jack White, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, etc, etc. Even if this was not a public concert, I feel AJ and his very professional band and the others that I mentioned would each tune in to their love of music and it would translate into some great music, with a country, bluesy feel. 

Thank you for the responses.   And uh, AJ only need protection from me and my impure thoughts, hahahaha!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:51:54 am »

Good to see you back Carolyn.  As long as you like the tall blonde guy, you are welcome here!  LOL! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 03:11:07 pm »

Welcome back Carolyn . I enjoy all kinds of music
but do not like music that is pop passed off as country.
Elaine

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:05 pm »

Elaine you are singing my song I don't like what they are calling country now.
And Carolyn the tall blonde singer name Alan in man of choice here but you
can alway listen and like others...but I will say Alan tops my list.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »

Elaine you are singing my song I don't like what they are calling country now.
And Carolyn the tall blonde singer name Alan in man of choice here but you
can alway listen and like others...but I will say Alan tops my list.
Dizzy, I agree w/You. I like other Singers. we were taught to appreciate all Genres of music from chamber music to soft Rock but I suppose I'm getting back to my roots & Love Country Music! Dad always listened to the grand ole opry at home.
I liked Elvis in his day & I think Alan may have also, but now Alan Jackson is the Best in Country Music , overall, My opinion.

I like others also but he's the main man ha! "What's Not to Love", as they say.I told my husband when he mentions going to the symphony," I will go, if you take me to see Alan." He says to me joking, "he's in Australia" LOL I told him I was getting a T-Shirt with "Farmer's Daughter" written on it j/k. He said" they will think you are a fan of Rodney Adkins" ha!
I'm so proud to be the daughter of a wonderful  Farmer from MS, he's gone now, but he was the best!Alan Jackson will always be Tops in Country Music for me. It seems to all be about merchandising now, Pop singers and who can sell the most..not about talent exactly..Take care to all, Jerrie-MS  Dizzy, I always say "To each his/her own", Love the Blues also, living so near Memphis where the Blues is tops, also Love some Jazz, "Journey" and "The Eagle's", a few others I liked when younger.But no Rap or Hard Rock for me.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 05:30:06 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 05:38:20 pm »

Carolyn, I have the Van Lear Rose Album & love it. I am a big fan of Loretta Lynn & Patty Loveless. Niether of them is played on radio but I have my trusty iPod.
On Van Lear Rose I love the way Jacks White's rockin' guitar blends with Loretta's country vocals. It works! No question about it. And it was very rewarding to see Loretta & Jack pick up a Grammy for that album.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:59 pm »

Miamired - Nice to see you back.  I think you have more in common with some of the people here than you think. Most are terribly protective of the Tall blonde handsome country music superstar but your opinions on music ring true - at least with me. I agree with the lack of quality rock - never was one for heavy metal - I always went for soft rock and folk but I have grown weary of the same music for 40 years.  I turned to country more exclusively because of Alan and I like Toby and Trace and Gary Allan and several others but not the newer stuff - Taylor, Carrie, Jason Aldean - Brad Paisley - too much of the same sound and too pop for me. I hope you come back often - the board is pretty slow and a lot of people have left not liking the lack of a platinum area. It's sad really - if you see what happens on Trace and Toby's board - a million people each day.  I miss Amber - too bad she isn't with Alan's crew anymore.  PS I like Raising Sand too - great piece of work!

Gayle, you're right. Too many have quit posting here. I come back time & time again & nothing has changed. But I will always come back here & post & support Alan. The only other fan club I'm in is Toby's & you are right- his board is usually hopping & plenty of posters. But his board is also completely private- only members can go there.

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 11:19:46 pm »

Harriet I wish more people would post here also but I think some would like to have just the P.L. board
to post on ...but I like it the old way because you could post and not be a member and the PL board was
seperate....Which doesn't bother me but it was a nice feature...Also if some of the members that read
the board would just post it would help encourge more people to post...I hope this is making sense..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: