Alan Jackson
October 05, 2024, 08:20:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Dream Concert in Kingston  (Read 6591 times)
lovesaj

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 08:56:20 pm »

It all started when I bought my tickets through the fan club and ended up in row 2. I also entered the chance for a Meet & Greet and WON!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me, I scared the living daylights out of our dogs when I opened that email!
This was going to be sweet, meeting him in my home town.
My sister-in-law & I went earlier and I was able to get photos of his freight train rig.
We took our seats and there was an empty seat ahead of me in the front row that now had my name all over it. My SIL understood and I was only one row away.
I saw the Harters opening up for Alan and then I had to go to the meeting area. My heart was thumping & pumping! When we were being lead back, it did not seem real. I waited my turn for my photo with Alan and when the curtain was pulled back, REALITY SET IN! Alan had on a soft grey shirt with embroidery on front, back & sleeves of flowers. His famous jeans were neatly creased and ripped in all the right places. He had cream ostrich skin boots. You may know in your mind how tall he is BUT when you stand next to him, you realize what it is like to be itty bitty! It was really hard to stay focused
I told him that I waited 22 years for this photo and he thanked me for being so patient. Something about when he talks with that Southern accent that just curls my toes. OMG!!! (Heart is still out of my chest)
He shook my hand and time had frozen. I thanked him for all the great music.I received an autographed photo. Do not ask how I found my way out of the tent.
When I got back to my seat it was only about 15 minutes before Alan hit the stage with Gone Country. The front row was allowed to be by the stage so I was about 2 1/2 feet away from him all night. He sang 22 songs in all and was on stage for 90 minutes. I loved when he sang a small part of "Wanted". He seemed to be having a fun time. I am really glad he made it from Oshawa through all the snow. Kingston was really happy as the crowd was singing all night.I caught a pick, shook his hand again, and he autographed a photo from my 2009 calender. Alan finished with Mercury Blues.
This was the BEST CONCERT for me.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:28:14 pm »

Thanks for a great review lovesaj - it felt like I was right there with you!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:06:02 am »

WOW!  You met Alan!! You'll never get over that experience! Hope you gave him a great big hug & yes...there is nothing like that sexy Southern drawl, is there that sets your heart a-pounding! Glad you got to meet the BIG guy & see the concert close up!!

Carol
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »

Loveaj so glad you had such a big surprise and it all turned out to be such
a wonderful time for you. Alan is really a good concert for sure....

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 08:19:55 pm »

lovesaj thank you for that great review. I am so happy for you that you met ALAN and you had such a great time. Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 08:33:31 am »

That sounds like your dream come true.  So happy for you to have that memory for the rest of your life.  Leslie
nannylin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 12:12:22 pm »

I was loving the concert in Kingston, every single minute of it, one of his bet one's I have seen yet and I have been to 6 total.  Every concert I have been at has been so great.  Awesome, that he sang all his older songs from his Freightrain CD, I play it non- stop in house and car.  I got backstage and met Alan and got my pic taken with Alan in Orillia, year ago September, and it was a highlight of my life.  I can still feel the hug he gave me.  He is my all time favorite singer, personality, love his laid back ways. His songs just touch my heart and when I feel down I play his music and it brings me up so much.   He was such a gentleman when the ladies got up on stage in front of him and started to dance.  I laughed when Alan very quietly said "they're not bad dancers either".  Cool guy, just adore him.  Don't ever stop writing those wonderful words and singing your wonderful songs Alan.  You are giving us the "down to earth" attitudes in your music and the "Little Man" needs it.  Best of luck to you on your Australian tour.  Wish I could go.  Luv yah! 
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 02:46:40 pm »

I'm so envious but also happy that you got to meet him. I can't wait for a chance to do that since I missed it in Cincinnati. Thanks for sharing your concert memories with us.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 01:49:59 pm »

Thanks to All of you for the Great reviews! So happy you got to see Alan and such great seats too!Congrats Nannylin on the photo, isn't it the most wonderful experience! I Hope all Fans get to see him that close..at some time.
Love the way Alan did deal w/the girls dancing on stage. He knows just what to say and not be insulting that they were not supposed to be ON stage ha! He is so funny w/the great sense of humor!
Congrats to All who attended, so Happy for You! Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: