Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 05:04:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OSHAW SHOW REVIEW pT 2  (Read 9673 times)
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2011, 03:38:34 pm »

and I said you wouldn't be Bluesman.......aka Carol and SHE WAS......just then I yelled to Anita who was about 15 seats away to come over.  We had a great little hello chat.  Also a lovely picture taken as well.  Soon the concert started.  He looked GREAT.  Had a dark navy/denim shirt with a few beige flowers near the top and of course the holey jeans.  Did I mention the place was PACKED?Huh  He sang for a long time.  One funny part was when they brought to stools up and he sat down with the nice looking fella with wife and 2 daughters....sorry.....cold medicine......and said they were going to sing ASWA and he would do Zac's part.  They put on a funny hat/toque like Zac wears and we all laughed and they sang it.  That was a real nice part.  Alan talked alot at this concert.  That was fantastic.   Another highlight was when he sang
BLUESMAN...........well I looked over at Bluesman(Carol) and the look on her face was priceless so that was a polaroid moment I was glad I got.  He seemed so relaxed.  Maybe because of the new label now.  I have seen 8 shows and this one was by far the best.  I think meeting Anita and Bluesman were definitely a highlight.  My sis caught a pic also and I found one on the floor and gave it to Carol as I had got one last time.  All in all it was great.....He came back and did Mercury Blues for an encore.  I think he played for around at least 90 minutes plus.........I don't know what is wrong with this as I had to put it in two messages as we ran out of room.  Please Alan come to Canada in better weather.  Thank you for the best show ever!!!!!         
Gwen
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:07:24 pm »

Thanks for your review Gwen - glad you had such a Good Time and the weather cooperated!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:33:08 pm »

Thank you for the great review Gwen.  Ahhhhh...wish I could have been there.  Fantastic.
Love to hear Alan so relaxed and being funny.   Yee Haw...                Marian

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 04:38:47 pm »

Thanks for sharing the concert Gwen. Great review.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 04:59:27 pm »

Hi everyone! Here I am back again! Hi Gwen...so great meeting up with you! What a hoot that you were sitting next to me & was so glad that you picked up on me being 'bluesman'.  That was something! Well, it was a looooong trip & I was pooped when I got home last night but as usual, Alan is always so worth it. I know I can't say this enough but he just keeps getting better with age! So handsome but I did notice that his jeans were not as holey as they usually are but a great fit as usual! LOL! As Gwen said, he sang for about 90 min. I know AJ likes to play at the smaller venues & you can see why. The crowd just went wild, hooting and screaming when the Strayhorns came out! Sure enough the long, tall blond with the cowboy hat came sauntering out! The crowd wouldn't let up until he started to sing! He looked as if he was really enjoying himself & seemed more at ease than I've ever seen him. During 'Little Bitty', as usual they scanned the crowd, however, there didn't seem to be many 'little' people there but they spied a little boy just around the stage & Alan went over to him, gave him a guitar pick & signed his cowboy hat! What a terrific gesture on AJ's part...that little guy will never forget this concert. And...Gwen, I'd like to see the goofy look on my face when Alan started to sing 'Bluesman'! That song just gives me the chills when I see him perform it! Of course, that is my favourite song...THANKS ALAN!!!! Gwen...that was such a thoughtful gesture on your part to give me the pick...I'll treasure it forever! I also got my t-shirt autographed by Alan. I didn't get up to the stage but asked one of the ladies who was up at the front to get him to sign it which she did! Thanks to whoever you are! And, Anita, All in allso sorry I didn't get to talk to you mo but we do have the pic.!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 05:03:47 pm »

Gwen & Carol thanks for the great reviews!!  I can feel your excitement - oh I hope Alan comes to my area this year, not only do I have cabin fever - I have AJ fever.   Glad the weather cooperated and everyone made it to the venue safely.  Thanks again!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 05:06:42 pm »

Great review Carol - thanks for sharing!!!

bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »

Me again! Had to continue this but I was just going to say that I was sorry, Anita, that we didn't have time to talk more but we do have that pic., don't we! I was also going to tell you that some of the Strayhorns were staying at the same hotel I was at! I was sitting in the lobby & around 11o'clock, Roger Wills walked in! Didn't say anything to him but I knew it was him...couldn't mistake that Southern accent. Anyway, when I came back to the hotel after the show, the girls at the desk asked me about the show, etc., & did say the band was staying there so I wasn`t mistaken! Unfortunately, no Alan!! LOL! Well, it was a great show & I`m back home & trying to get back to reality. Still up on that cloud! Can`t wait for the next show here in Can.!

Carol
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 05:59:32 pm »

Carol, good luck on getting back to reality!!  I still get a grin on my face when I think about my last AJ concert and getting up to the stage for an autograph!!!

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 08:59:57 pm »

To all the concert goers you can feel the excitement it all your reviews
it has be so much fun reading what a good time you all were having.
It was good to read all the reviews.again.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 10:15:12 pm »

Gwen & Carol(Bluesman)  it was so nice meeting up with the two of you.  I could not of asked for better seats myself.  I was center stage, 2nd row back.  Gwen, you are right, I never heard Alan talk so much in a concert than he did that night.  Also he was joking around more than usual.  When I saw that I was in 2nd row and there was no spaces in the front row I thought there would be no way that I would get up there & get my M&G picture autograph, that I got last year when I saw him.  But when he started autographing, my husband told me to jump over the front seats and go get it autographed.  I hesitated, because here I am 52 years old jumping over seats.  I thought security would come and take me away.  But I did it, and he did sign it.  I was so thrilled.  I have that picture hanging in my family room.
The only issue I had at the concert was a lady was sitting beside, half out of the bag.  She had two large beers with her.  Just before the concert started, she saw someone on the other side of us and she picks up her beer to give a cheer and the foam on the top flew into my hair and past my husband and our friends.  I thought, oh great this is just the start of the night.  But she was fine after that, so I was okay.  But I did have a great evening.  Alan always puts on a fantastic show.  I have never been disappointed at one of his shows.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 12:01:13 pm »

Gwen, Carol and Anita thank you all for you great reviews.  I am glad to hear that ALAN was having alot fun and that he was happy.  Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 01:25:04 pm »

Thanks for the Reviews Ladies! Sounds like Alan did Great as usual.
So happy all of You got to meet up , it's so much fun to meet at a concert, someone you know on here!

Sounds like Alan did a Great show. 90 Minutes seems short but it would if it was all day. Alan always leaves his Fans
wanting more. So happy for All of you to see Alan and get signed things and most of all, hear his litany of Song!

Alan is Great Isn't he! I hope to see him this Year, Especially since he chats w/band members about his work.

Congrats  & Thanks again for your vivid Reviews! Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: