Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 11:21:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Windsor -Thursday, Sept 17  (Read 15798 times)
January

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2009, 04:44:14 pm »

This won't be fancy - I have yet to take the time to learn how to change fonts and sizes etc but I wanted to share the Windsor experience with all of you.  The colloseum is a smaller venue - very comfortable seats and really very nice.  Alan had no opener - it was all Alan for 1 hour and 38 minutes and that included the encore/autograph session. He signed a lot of stuff.  One lady took a photo (it looked to be from her fan club kit) and he signed it and I don't think she will be back to earth for weeks although she was going to the second show tonight.  She said she was going to put it in her safe - I told her she should frame it under glass and kiss it every time she walked by it - she liked that idea.  Another lady touched his boot and she said she was not washing her hand ever again - her friend asked her to touch her rear end so she could tell everybody that Alan Jackson touched her rear - they were having a lot of fun with that.

Alan wore the holey jeans and a black shirt with silver trim -maybe white - it was hard to tell.  He was clean shaven :-( but so handsome! )  He seemed to be having a wonderful time and he sang so beautifully - even talked a little bit and walked around the stage some.  He took off his hat and ran his fingers through his hair while he was out of the spotlight getting a drink - wish I had gotten that silhoette shot.  He sang 21 songs - Good Time,  I "m in love with you baby, Summertime Blues, Pop a Top, Livin on love, Like Red on a Rose, Tall, Tall Trees, Small Town Southern Man, Who's Cheatin Who, A Womans' Love, Blues Man, Little Bitty, Where were you, Don't rock the Jukebox, Remember when, Drive, Country Boy, It's 5 O'Clock somwhere, Chattahoochee, Where I come from and the Mercury Blues for an encore.  No one stood up until 5 O Clock Somewhere - I found that VERY strange and I really like it better when everyone does.  

Please feel free to check out my pictures  

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035186&id=1435144792&saved#/album.php?aid=2035186&id=1435144792&ref=mf

and I got 2 videos to load - some of 5 O'Clock  is messed up because the lady next to me went tearing for the stage when I started taping...can't blame her tho....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035186&id=1435144792&saved#/video/video.php?v=1221030252630

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/video/video.php?v=1221162615939

It was a wonderful - albeit short and expensive show - passports, gambling, high ticket price, hotel, bar and food - Windsor isn't cheap on any of those items....LOL - we could have come home after the show and probably should have but it was a nice mini-vacation.  If we ever venture up there again we won't stay - it is only 68 miles door to door.  Alan will be passing through Toledo on his way to Baltimore tonight after his show.......I thought about camping out on the road.......LOL
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:09:47 pm by January » Logged

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:58:17 pm »

Great review and wonderful pictures...thanks!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 05:28:05 pm »

Thanks for the great review, pictures and video!!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 06:26:55 pm »

Great review and pictures, thanks for sharing.

Livin' On Love in California
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:46:10 pm »

January, thanks so much for the great review.  Wonderful pictures (love the knee shots always) and video!  WOW!! 
What a gorgeous man!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 07:22:57 pm »

January thank you for the great review.  When you can't be there it means alot.       nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 10:59:48 pm »

Thanks so much for the GREAT review January......I didn't think I could get anymore excited for the Orillia show on the 25th but NOW I AM!!!!  YEE-HAW!
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 11:19:40 pm »

Thanks for the pics ,Can not wait untill Ala show .See everyone there.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:35:37 pm »

Loved the pictures Gayle.  Makes me so pumped for the St. Augustine's concert.  He likes that black shirt!  Videos were a nice touch and that man in them is so gorgeous!

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 06:23:57 am »

January, Great pictures and video.  I am looking so forward to the concerts in Orillia now.  I don't know if I will be able to video from the front row. They might not allow that.  Thanks

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 09:22:06 am »

January,

Nice review! Sounds like another great Concert. a nice venue is good for a "mini Vacation", even if pricey.

I have learned since going to a lot of Alan's Concerts, that people react differently at each venue, sometimes they like to sit
almost the whole time, until "wwy", and some they stand the whole time. some stand if there is a particular song they like .
with me and others around me, usually we are waving and acting so excited the whole Concert. ha! I do what I feel will not keep others from enjoying the show, but being tall, I have had a gentleman nicely ask me to sit down as they could not see & I did.

I'm sure you came away wanting to hear more. People usually do, Alan leaves you wanting and that is why we keep coming back.
So glad you enjoyed the show and I know Alan was wonderful as always. I would love to hear "WWY" at St Augustine, since
the newly weds from sweden want to hear it so bad.. It is always needed, especially now.

Sorry, I can't see your photos, I do not have facebook and you have to have a password. I'm sure they are great. Love Alan in that Black shirt, it's one of those he wore when I met him.
Thanks for your review, so happy for you!
Jerrie-aka "Artsy" -FL-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 09:22:39 am »

Thanks for the great review Gayle!  All this time didn't realize you were January!  LOL!  I had seen your pics on FB earlier! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

January

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 11:36:33 am »

This is the public link to the photos for those who do not have a facebook page.  Sorry - I didn't realize you had to do it this way.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035186&id=1435144792&l=a7b69b38c8

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 03:20:41 am »

Gayle thanks for the review and pictures..
I have the same exact song list like yours, Terry was so kind to give it to me last year at Alan's California concerts!

AJ IS THE BEST
Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:18 am »

GAYLE,

thank you f/coming here and experienceing you Aj trip.
also thank you f/the pic's too boot!!

I have many e.mails to reply too and yours is included!!

Again, thank you f/re.living the experience in my mind!!!

As always,

L~

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: