Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 02:34:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Queensland, Australia: Before and after Floods  (Read 7929 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:13:29 pm »

I recently received from our Aussie friend, Dee, the following link to the map photos of Queensland, Australia showing how Queensland looked like before and after the flooding. These photos will give you all a grasp of the huge devastation the flooding caused. Slide your mouse on the photos right to left to view "after" photos.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infographics/qld-floods/beforeafter.htm

Dee, thanks for sharing the link with me. Continued thoughts and prayers to all the victims and their families.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 03:13:51 pm »

BHR, this is really devastating for Brisbane & all the other flooded areas. Thanks for the info.

Sometimes I think I have problems then look at something like this & get more perspective on what problems really are.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:11:35 pm »

BHR  Thank you for that info and pictures.  I feel so sorry for those people that lost everything in those terrible floods. MY prayers are with them. Take Care  HUGS AND LOVE    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:06:38 am »

BHR, Thanks for these pictures.  This has been mentioned on TV alot.  Like HariAJfan says, you think you have problems until you see something like this and you feel alot luckier.  My thoughts are out there for everyone in Australia who are affected by this flood.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 06:54:14 pm »

Thanks for sharing, BHR.  My prayers for all of those affected.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
pirate_anne

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 01:20:44 am »

As our land flows all the water from up North in Brisbane and surrounding areas is heading south. Currently residents in North West of Victoria are sandbagging and getting the hell out before the levies burst. Just when you come through the worst drought in our history we end up with floods.
Gotta love Mother Nature!!!!!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33:32 am »

Thanks for sharing BHR, the Aussies have been in my prayers.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Dee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 04:02:51 am »

Hi all,
I did an internet search on BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE, where Alan is to perform, to see if it's been affected by the floods.  Was thinking of those going to Brisbane concerts.  This is what it said about 3 of Brisbane's venues:

There have been some impacts on activities scheduled at the three Brisbane venues managed by AEG Ogden as a result of the current floods.

AEG Ogden Executive Director, Rod Pilbeam said two of the venues, the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre and Suncorp Stadium were flood affected while the other, the Brisbane Entertainment Centre was not impacted.

Mr Pilbeam issued the following venue updates.

BRISBANE CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTRE

The Centre is closed due to some flooding into lower storage and car parking levels, and power to this area of South Bank has been cut.  The Centre will not be open until at least Friday with further advice to be provided as the situation develops.

The only scheduled event at the venue is the Lifeline Book Show which was to be held this weekend but which has been rescheduled to next weekend.

SUNCORP STADIUM

The field of play is underwater, and as a result, Sunday's Hyundai A League match between the Brisbane Roar and Wellington Phoenix will be played elsewhere.  Football Federation Australia will make an announcement on the rescheduling of this game within the next 24 hours.

BRISBANE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE

Fortunately the Entertainment Centre is not affected by the current weather situation.  In order to minimise the requirement for travel, the Queensland Volleyball Pirates Competition which was scheduled for tomorrow, will recommence instead on Friday.

Thankfully, our understanding at this time is that none of our staff teams has been personally impacted by flood incursion.

12 January 2011

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:39 am »

Thanks for the info Dee..
it's such a relief!!

AJ IS THE BEST
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 10:21:02 am »

DEE THANKS FOR THE NEWS ..i HAVE BEEN WONDERING HOW BRISBANE WAS WEATHERING
ALL THE BAD RAINS....WE FEEL SO BAD FOR THE ONES THAT HAVE HAD ALL THE DAMAGE
DONE. WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE ONES WITH SO MANY PROBLEMS..WITH ALL THE FLOODS...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 12:38:19 pm »

Dee hi!
I hope you and your family are ok.. It is horrible to see Floods of this magnitude..
Sending prayers for those affected by these horrible Floods..

I can identify, with my son losing all his possessions in Home..after the Nashville Historical Flood..Thank God they have restored the House.. Inside is all new now but it takes time & money for young couples, with children especially

This storm you sent is far worse than Nashville, I'm sure, more distance covered .
Prayers for all the people affected there, from Florida Jeri-FL

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:45:58 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: