Alan Jackson
September 28, 2024, 09:26:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Look at Me!  (Read 8755 times)
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:51:36 am »

Look at Me!  This should be subtitled  "Listen to Me".  This is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard Alan sing. His voice is exquisite!  (He certainly wasn't sick when he recorded this song.)

I sure hope this song is released as a single after Ring of Fire.  It truly belongs on the radio.  

Guess Alan will have to reissue this CD with a new title of
37 Number Ones after all is said and done.
Thanks Alan!

Your fan since 1989,
 Hope Rothrock
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 02:16:32 am by HopeRothrock » Logged

What a Day Yesterday Was!
January

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:25:48 am »

I am so surprised at the number of people who had not heard "Look At Me" prior to the new CDs release. They advertised it quite a bit on the website  etc when  "Billy: The Early Years " was released. I bought that entire CD from Itunes back then because there is a song on it that Alan wrote basd on something Ruth Graham wrote that is sung by Patty Griffin. It is also a very beautiful song. 

I am still of the opinion that they should release something from Alan way more often than they do - still hoping for "Where I Belong" for a summer song - there is so much on Freight Train they we could here on the radio.....

Nice to see you posting, Hope!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 02:54:23 pm »

I agree.  There can never be enough ALan songs on the radio or released as singles.  Many more could be #1s. I also love That's Where  I Belong as well as Every Now and Then from Freight Train.   

(I was injured last Christmas and haven't been online much.  Guess thats why I didn't see anything sooner about Look at Me.)

January

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:01:43 pm »

Hope - I am sorry -I didn't realize you had been injured. I hope you are better now - my best to you for a healthy 2011

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 10:22:13 am »

Hope,

I agree 100%.....love, love, love it.  Sorry about your injury. Hope you are feeling better.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 09:56:41 am »

When the CD came out,  Paul went to the store and got it. But then he drove to VA to pick up Matt that day for the holiday weekend and left it in his car.   He said to me the other day, you haven't heard Alan's new song.....so he brought it in and we put it in the CD player and literally from the first note, I was hooked.  I just closed my eyes in the chair I was sitting in, leaned back, and listened with a big silly grin on my face.

Now I've got the CD in my computer and I have the song set on repeat (over and over). I get goosebumps when I listen to this song.  I have to say, if a man sang a song like that to me I'd be a puddle of mush at his feet!

Take care!
Hope

(And thanks, I am starting to feel better!)

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 10:31:15 am »

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Hope.  I could not agree more with your description of Look at Me!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 11:00:55 am »

This is from the sound track for Billy, the Young Years.  The story of Billy Graham.  Bought this soundtrack and had forgotten about it!!! Thanks Hope!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 01:28:33 pm »

Hope ,

Not sure you know me in this name as the board has changed a while back and I changed it, It was ArtsyJ before.

So sorry to hear about Your being injured last Christmas. I hope you are much improved by now. I missed you on here.

You have been a long time Fan of Alan's, and your family also.

Hope,  I agree the "Look at Me " is wonderful! So many more of Alan's Songs could be Number ones and never played much on radio. It should have , they were great Songs. He has contributed to enrich so many lives with his music and has  let
so many, who became big stars, open for him and go on to success. He is wonderful , a gentleman indeed and great singer/Songwriter.
I had the pleasure of meeting Alan before my Mom passed away in 2009 NOV.. It couldn't have come at a better time for me. It was so peaceful standing by this tall Singer, whom I had admired his work for years.I was in My Hometown of MS or near it.
Take care and Enjoy these latest renderings Of Alan's, Love them all, older ones too. God Bless, Jerrie-MS & FL

Hope!So many new wonderful people on the Board now, I even got to meet several at Concerts and they are super nice!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 01:03:14 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 01:12:20 am »

Jerrie,

So sorry for the loss of you Mom last year. I will say a little prayer tonight.   Paul lost his mom in the spring of 2009.  Later that year, after some very emotional times, we also went to see Alan in  concert a few hours from here.  It was a great show and very soothing for the soul.   His music has been a part of our lives since my oldest son Chris was born in 1989, and we also had taken Paul's mom to a few shows in the past. 

We got to catch up with other long-time fans there and met some new ones too.  Alan Jackson fans are the best!

And as you can see from my little picture by my name, I also was able to finally meet Alan (again.... The first time was at fanfair in 1992 with Chris who was then 3 and Matt was a baby and I was a frazzled mom of two little boys).  It was a pleasure and honor for my family to meet him that night and we will always remember it.

We have even seen him in concert a time or two in Florida as my brother lives there, so maybe someday we can attend a show together.

Take care now,
Hope

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 10:07:35 am »

Love that song !

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: