Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 03:26:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembering.........  (Read 13458 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:15:38 am »

Just wanted to add this, although I know no one has forgotten that day in September.
We have gone through 8 years and still the memories are so easy to find.
Take Care and God Bless All of You and Yours !

ajfan4sure

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:24:25 am »

What a wonderful tribute!!  It was my first thought this morning when I woke up!!  Up here in Canada, we will never forget, in fact my son-in-law is a fire fighter in Niagara Falls, Ont. Canada, and went to ground zero to volunteer his services.  It is something he will never forget and never, ever wants to see again. 
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:04:45 am »

Thanks, Beth for a very wonderful and moving tribute to and remembrance of the 9-11 event. No one will ever forget this country's saddest and most emotional day. Thanks, again.

BHR

(Please excuse my signature. . . .it's quite inappropriate, I know. Sorry.)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:43:55 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 11:04:48 am »

Thank you Beth for the thread and for the beautiful and moving tribute.  It's hard to believe it was 8 years ago with the memories so alive.  God bless those lost, the families of those lost, and all the heroes.

Livin' On Love in California
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 11:10:59 am »

The sadness in his eyes says it all.  We will never forget.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 12:56:37 pm »

Beth,

Thanks so very much for this tribute. The sadness in Alan's eyes tells the pain we all experienced as a Country. Think of the actual
people whose lives were lost and families who were there and witnessed this.Just  seeing it when they could not believe it could be happening and it was.. Thanks so much Beth, this means a lot to me for your tribute, your thoughfulness. God Bless.
 Our local Radio station here had people call in today and tell the story of how and where they were this horrific day in our Beloved Country. I was amazed at the people that called . people who had relatives living close and saw the planes actually hit and feel the loss and horror. So many stories that could fill a book. it was so moving and to note how it touched so many lives just amazed me. There should be a  book written hearing the stories of the people and what they saw. Just normal average people going on with their lives and saw this horrific loss. so many stories that were so shocking.
The Radio celebrity DJ paid a tribute at the end himself of the their experience, he noted hearing Alan Jackson sing at a Concert in Florida a while back  and Hearing "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning", it really touched him deeply. He went on to say" he didn't know how Alan managed to sing that song each time he does " as it  really touched him that night and to sing it would be very difficult after having written the Song.. I think 999gatorCountry WGNE did a wonderful tribute and I thought it was wonderful they mentioned Alan's Song. I thank them for this Tribute. Thanks for also Playing the Song.

I have heard Alan do this song Live in concert many times, and I hope to hear it a lot more. each time this song touches me like no other. we must "Never Forget" Thank You Alan Jackson for this wonderful Song.

Jeri aka Artsy

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 01:10:38 pm »

Thanks for the beautiful tribute, Beth. 

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 06:17:43 pm »

Thank you for the wonderful tribute.  I vividly remember that terrible day.  We are forever changed because of this and the way we live our lives.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 05:45:43 pm »

Thanks Beth.I remember it so well.We had just
crossed the boarder into Canada when it happened.
So sad for all those who lost loved ones even after eight
years.
Elaine

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 10:01:17 pm »

Beth thanks for the tribute each one you post are so nice to read.dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 04:20:30 am »

Thanks Beth.  We still remember 9/11 in Europe too.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 01:25:16 pm »

Thanks Beth.  We still remember 9/11 in Europe too.

Jean

Jean/B Thanks for remembering! It was so touching to me, for our Country to be shown so much comfort by Canada, England , your Country and many others. It means a lot to feel that support when  a horrific thing happens, we stay united. Thanks!
During World War 11 we helped England and your beloved Country and others.

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:25 pm »

Thanks for the beautiful tribute Beth.  And thank all of you for remembering "us" on that fateful day.  We're really all in this together to fight terrorism.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 07:12:15 pm »

Beth,

That was a nice tribute.  I do not think anyone would ever forget what happened.  Because of what happened September 11th, we have men and women from many countries, sacrificing their lives fighting over in Iraq and Afghanistan.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: