Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:50:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: N. Charleston, SC Concert  (Read 3111 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:08:41 am »

Don't see any other reviews so I'll give a brief one. 

WOW!  The concert was one of the best I've seen so far.  Alan was so relaxed and really related to his audience.  Thank you so much Cindy and the fan club for awesome 2nd row center seats.

When we got to the venue, as I was picking up my tickets, Jinx and her husband, were coming to get theirs.  It was good to see her on her birthday.  She got a very special birthday present but I'll let her tell that.

I had talked with Monty before the show and he told me he would see me in the auditorium as he was visiting with some Union folks.  After briefly speaking with him, we went to our seats.  Tamtoe introduced herself as we were finding our seats since she was in the line for M&G with Chris Young. 

The Band Perry opened for Chris Young and Alan.  They are an energetic band, all siblings and the children of Steve Perry of Journey.  Very talented and can play all kinds of instruments, even accordion! 

Then Chris Young came out.  Tammy had made some signs and we held up V-O-I-C-E-S, while he was singing that song.  He noted our signs, but no big deal about them.  Chris sounded much better to me this time than the last time I saw him. 

And Then, the Strayhorns took the stage, the backdrop for Alan is a long train track.  They were playing a medley of Alan's songs while the lights were dimmed and then out walks Alan in a brown/black cowboy shirt with a red cup in his hand.  After about 1/2 hr. my friend Linda and I went to the stage and we ended up there the whole time.  Tammy had made the Good time signs and another one.  When Alan started singing "Good Time" I got the signs from our seats and passed them to Tammy.  When we held them up, I had passed them out backwards and we spelled emit doog!  Alan looked over with a startled look on his face and says, I think you have got those spelled wrong and started telling up how to place them, along with all the young people standing around us!  LOL! 

He went back and forth on the stage several times, touching hands and giving out picks, throwing picks too.  There was a young woman at the stage in front of us who was physically challenged and she wanted a pick so bad.  We got Alan's attention and he came over leaned down and gave her a pick.  She was ecstatic. 

When friends and family ask me why I go to the concerts and why I am a fan, this is why.  Alan is a true southern gentleman and such a gifted musician. 

Monty put on his beanie for his portion of "As she's walking away".
 I didn't think to bring a sharpie, and seems like no one else did.  He came over to me when I held up my ticket with my friends pen and when Alan realized it wasn't a Sharpie, he didn't sign any autographs. 

Got to speak to Roger and Monty after the show too and got a playlist.   

I am so glad I had the opportunity to go to N. Charleston and can't wait to see the tall blond man again!!!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:21:17 pm »

Sharon that was such a great review and funny too with the signs.  SO nice that you helped that lady get a pick. Take Care  LOVE and HUGS   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 02:49:26 pm »

Sharon thanks for the great review.So
funny with the signs.
Elaine

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: