Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 07:30:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Brad Paisley Rumour?  (Read 11990 times)
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2010, 03:33:08 am »

Hi everybody.  Please do not get angry with me but I can't seem to get this out of my mind.  A while ago I heard that Brad Paisley said something not very nice about our Alan.  He apparantly said he does nothing but just stand there at his concerts.  Now I have been to one of Brad's concerts and I will say it was FANTASTIC but now (especially on the awards show he just hosted) I cannot even look at him.  I will NEVER go to another one of his concerts for fear this may be true and if so .....HOW DARE HE!!!  My hubby LOVES him and I know Mar that you really do too.  So.....does anyone have any idea if this comment was really made or is it a rumour.  I am upset that anyone would have the nerve to say anything negative about the best country singer in the world......our Alan.  Thanks for your input and sorry but this has been on my mind for months and I am just trying to get the truth!  Thanks AJ fans.

Gwen
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:10 pm »

Gwen, yes, Brad has said that but just in jest. I think just about every music artists has said something that sounded so negative about other music artists but all just jokingly. After rumors started flying around about this, Brad was asked about it numerous times by all forms of media to which he responded, basically, that he's amazed as to how something said by anyone could be taken into a whole different context. Brad and Alan are friends and as a matter of fact, in the early days of his country music career, Brad has opened concert shows for Alan. Even Alan , when questioned about it, has said that he knew too that Brad was just joking when he said that. . .and he should know. So, don't take that remark seriously. Actually, I thought it was kind of funny that Brad said that as just about everyone has said that same thing about Alan, again, not in any negative way but mostly in a endearing manner on just one of the ways Alan take the tradition of country music to heart and keeping it that way.

I hope this has helped ease your mind about this remark Brad made about Alan. If you still have any doubts about Brad's sincere admiration for and respect of Alan, just ask yourself this question: Why would Brad seriously say something against Alan, the one of the many people that helped paved the way to the success of his country music career that he's savoring now?  :-)

Take care,
BHR

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »

Thanks, BHR, you filled in Gwen and everyone here much better than I could have done!

The first time I met Brad was 4 13 2000 and one of the first things I told him was that
he had been discovered by a Lot of Alan Fans... and he said, "Oh! I like Alan, too!"

Another thing about Brad: at his first fc party during 'Fan Fair' week of 2000 he saw
me before he took the stage at the Gibson Bluegrass Cafe in Nashville and instead
of going onstage he moved away from his road manager's grasp and insisted on saying
hello to me and he let me introduce him to a table of AJ fans. I told him these were those
same fans. LOL   I had met him twice before the party ..both at Illinois concerts and he
spoke to me everytime after the first meeting by my first name. 

Brad's dry sense of humor has been his way of dealing with things all these years and
if you get to hear and see and Maybe meet him, you will catch on to how he brings
his humor along!!

Alan can always 'just stand there and sing' as I go into a trance when he comes onstage!
Just his presence still does it for me even after all these many years!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 04:31:41 pm »

As far as I know Alan & Brad admire each other for keeping it country. If Brad said this it was probably a joke but I also remember a saying I heard that"There's truth in every jest" so I thing everyone should be careful what they joke about.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 05:33:20 pm »

Brad, if you have seen him, you know he jokes constantly. I'm sure it wasn't serious.w/ Alan, what's not to lIke? LOL

Alan can stand there all day and sing "Like Red On A Rose" to me and I wont complain ha! Alan just is not much of a talker  it's his nature, but when he let's loose, he talks a LOT some say! He also has a great sense of humor..He made ME feel shy at the M&G a bit, but it wasn't lasting, Thank God! I lost my train of thought a bit once..

I'm sure Brad admires and respects Alan ,Most Singers do, for great work!

Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 08:20:08 pm »

After reading your post, Harriet, I felt compelled to explain further the details on how it came about that Brad said what he said about Alan. . . .rumors, just like gossips, a lot of times lacks the important details of what it is about, so, hence, are getting taken in the wrong context. Brad was interviewed by a media in regards to his then upcoming concert tour. In giving insight to it he told the interviewer that his concert tour would be a very energetic one. . . .which, indeed, it was, from what I've heard and read; he sang, I believe, 30 songs per show and was showing exhaustion on the last show of that tour, from what was said in a review of that last show. . . .and then he went on to compare it to the concert that Alan puts on, thus saying that Alan's concert, by comparison is boring and that he just stands in front of the microphone doing nothing. . .to mean that Alan is not doing any of the running or jumping around the stage, and so on. Anyone who knows Brad and by now will surely know that he was just poking fun of Alan just like others has done before because of the way Alan is sticking to the country music tradition, from his songwriting and music style down to his performing style on stage. I'm pretty sure Brad regretted having said that after the unwanted controversy that created.  

BHR            

« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:23:03 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:38:40 pm »

After reading your post, Harriet, I felt compelled to explain further the details on how it came about that Brad said what he said about Alan. . . .rumors, just like gossips, a lot of times lacks the important details of what it is about, so, hence, are getting taken in the wrong context. Brad was interviewed by a media in regards to his then upcoming concert tour. In giving insight to it he told the interviewer that his concert tour would be a very energetic one. . . .which, indeed, it was, from what I've heard and read; he sang, I believe, 30 songs per show and was showing exhaustion on the last show of that tour, from what was said in a review of that last show. . . .and then he went on to compare it to the concert that Alan puts on, thus saying that Alan's concert, by comparison is boring and that he just stands in front of the microphone doing nothing. . .to mean that Alan is not doing any of the running or jumping around the stage, and so on. Anyone who knows Brad and by now will surely know that he was just poking fun of Alan just like others has done before because of the way Alan is sticking to the country music tradition, from his songwriting and music style down to his performing style on stage. I'm pretty sure Brad regretted having said that after the unwanted controversy that created.  

BHR            

BHR, I'm sure Brad did not mean it the way it was taken. That's why I say be careful what you say even in jest. Besides Alan is not a potted plant standing in one place all the time. He moves around & throws out guitar picks & sits down some of the time. But I guess he is not as active as Brad, Toby, Kenny & some of the rest. I like Alan's style just fine.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:24:36 pm »

Harriet, I like Alan's style just fine too!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 11:15:26 pm »

Alan often gets excited when playing an upbeat song and does that wonderful Country strut where he strolls across the stage. As far as I'm concerned, all Alan has to move is his Mouth to sing..LOL  However I love it when he seems to be excited and having fun w/his audience.. Elvis got in trouble for moving only hips slightly, now Alan isn't enough ha the times they are a changing.
can't please everyone, so I think Alan should do what is comfortable for him.He's a gentleman and does what he feels is
comfy for him.

Love Alan talking more to his Fans now. Brad doesn't move that much except to play that guitar and so does Keith Urban.
Alan singing leaves me spell bound, so I wouldn't know if he moved or not ha! Go Alan!
Love his Voice, Jerrie-MS

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 04:25:06 am »

Thanks everyone for the clarification.  I know BP is a jokester but I just hope it was 100% a joke and not any less.  The way I look at it is Alan DOES NOT have to run all over the place when he performs.  All he has to do is open that beautiful mouth of his and I am under his spell and in heaven Smiley

Gwen
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 11:59:08 am »

Jeri, Brad wears himself out moving around and running up and down 3 runways...
or using 2 of them to exit onto the floor and go all around the floor from one side to the other these
days... depending on the arena.  That's how Brad fell last spring... He does that for like an hr and a half
but the last ramp he was on was designed very poorly and it went downhill towards the stage...for
that last trip back to the stage that night. He nearly cracked or broke a rib. He really thought he did
and he landed right in front of a good friend of mine!

I don't get into overthinking these things or feeling I have to defend the singers. They are human
and we know Anyone can take a statement out of context. So, I am not defending Brad or Alan..
just telling what I know...especially of Brad.   He is very loyal to his genre and 'stopped' when
I told him about those AJ fans finding him back in 2000. Brad has always taken time with me in the
m&greets to really listen..as he does with every other fan. He really meant it when he told me he
reallly likes Alan, too, back then.  Wish you could have seen those dark brown eyes of his
as he seriously shared his feelings about Alan that time and I can still hear the admiration in
his voice from our first meeting... just like I can feel Alan's fingerprints when he held my hand from
the stage back in '95.  Both Alan and Brad are my favs of all the male singers but I love the genre
and the connectedness the fans share with one another and with the singers who allow it.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 12:30:50 pm »

mar4aej ,
To explain what I meant. Brad when singing usually stands up on the stage& moves around. I remember when he fell and hurt himself recently. He is definitely more active, but when singing,. he seems to stand on stage mostly. Love Brad..and Those tears he shed when, he won was for real. He has said "He respects Alan" and I'm sure he means it.
You are right, Keith and Brad are all over with the fans etc.in the audience..

I would not run all over, so many have fallen and got hurt badly..Some of the Best Singers in the world, stand to sing.
I just love it more when they interact with their audience, The Fans. Brads jokes a LOT and it seems to be his natural
way of filling in, when conversation is needed.or talking to his Fans..

I still have this picture, mentioned in Denise's book, of Alan bringing in the blower from outside, to dry her hair LOL.. would love to see him loosen up like recently and talk to his Fans..

Thanks for explaining, Jerrie-MS

bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 05:57:19 am »

I can't believe there's any country artist out there that doesn't respect and admire our ALAN.
When you have a voice like Alan, there is no need to run about the stage.   

OMGMA
January

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 09:49:18 am »

I am compelled to suggest that you guys take this stuff WAYYY too seriously and are WAAYYYY too protective of Alan Jackson. Believe it or not the guy has a sense of humor and and can be quite dry in his comments as well. AND I don't think he is laying awake at night worrying about anything that is in the press or on this web board - which is becoming less and less traveled - perhaps because it isn't much fun anymore.

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
TAMTOE

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 10:01:49 pm »

I AGREE GAYLE, SEEMS AS THOUGH KNOW MATTER WHAT IS SAID ON THE BOARD THERE IS SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE THAT WANTS TO BLOW IT ALL UP! EVEN IF BRAD DID SAY THAT, DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT IS THAT BIG A DEAL! I UNDERSTAND THE INITIAL QUESTION AND I THINK IT IS GREAT THAT SOME TRIED TO CLEAR IT UP! BUT IT WAS A QUESTION....LET IT GO! AS GAYLE SAID ALAN AIN'T WORRIED! WHY ALL THE DRAMA?
I AM SO GLAD WE GOT THIS CHRISTMAS CARD THING DONE BECAUSE IT IS TIME FOR ME (PERSONALLY) TO GET OFF THE BOARD. I USE TO LOVE IT HERE! ALWAYS FELT THAT EVERYBODY CARED ABOUT EVERYBODY, WAS VERY PROUD TO BE CONSIDERED 1 OF ALAN ANGELS. NOW IT HAS GOT TO WHERE ONLY A FEW ARE CONSIDERED IN THE DECISION MAKING AND THE "THE BIG ONES" ON THE BOARD SEEM TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS! NO WONDER ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVE STOPPED POSTING!

I REALLY DO LOVE AND CARE ABOUT YOU ALL.....AND I WILL STILL POST PICTURES AND SEND CHRISTMAS CARDS WHEN CHRISTMAS COMES AROUND!

LOVE YA SHARON, NELLE, DIZZY, MAZZIE, GAYLE, TERRI AND ALOT OF OTHERS!GOD BLESS YOU ALL...EVERYDAY
TAMMY

TAMMY
GONE CRAZY IN CANTON GA.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: