Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 09:20:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Article on CMA Award Nominations  (Read 14713 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009, 01:51:36 pm »

From Chet Flippo:

Fallout From the 43rd CMA Awards Nominations
Posted: September 9th, 2009 at 6:00 pm  |  By: Chet Flippo 
Here are some musical tidbits that came out of the nominations for the 43rd CMA Music Awards:

• The Raconteurs got their first nomination -- for musical event for "Old Enough" and also garnered guest vocalist Ashley Monroe her first nomination. Another guest vocalist, Ricky Skaggs, earned his 24th CMA nomination. His last nomination came 10 years ago in the same category. He has won eight CMA awards.

• Randy Travis, up for song of the year and for musical event with Carrie Underwood for "I Told You So," was last nominated in 2003. He last won in 1988, for male vocalist. The song for which he and Underwood are nominated, his composition "I Told You So," was a No. 1 hit for Travis in 1988. He has a total of five wins and 24 nominations.

• Lee Ann Womack, in line for musical event for "Everything but Quits" with George Strait, was last nominated in 2005 and received a total of six nods that year. She won three awards in 2005 -- for album, single and musical event (also with George Strait).

• In earning his first two CMA nominations this year, for male vocalist and new artist, Darius Rucker becomes the first black artist to receive a CMA nomination in 29 years. Charley Pride's last nomination came in 1980 for the album There's a Little Bit of Hank in Me.

• This is the first year since 1998 that Alan Jackson has not been nominated. His string of 79 nominations and 16 awards dates back to 1990.*********************************************

• Toby Keith continues to receive minimal attention from the CMA Awards. He was last nominated in 2005, for entertainer, song, single and video. He won the latter category, making it his second CMA win.

• Carrie Underwood, nominated this year for female vocalist and musical event, has never been nominated for entertainer of the year. She has five awards -- three for female vocalist, one for single of the year and one Horizon Award (now known as the new artist of the year award).

• Rascal Flatts' seven CMA awards include six straight for vocal group and one for the Horizon Award. They were twice nominated for entertainer of the year, the last time being in 2007.

• Jason Aldean was not nominated this year, despite repeated radio and chart success. Aldean has two past nominations -- in 2008 for new artist and in 2007 for Horizon.

Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 03:31:45 pm »

It's unbelievable to me that Alan did not get nominated at all. He is the epitomy of country music. Love him and his music always.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 03:34:13 pm »

I am heartsick, but should have seen the handwriting on the wall when Alan received no nominatinos for the ACM's either.   NEW CD, ALAN..please..

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:55:35 am »

Thanks for sharing Harriet. I'm very surpriced that Alan got no nomination. Next year better !!!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 02:32:41 am »

I am heartsick, but should have seen the handwriting on the wall when Alan received no nominatinos for the ACM's either.   NEW CD, ALAN..please..
I feel the same way, for me there's no country music if Alan isn't around!

AJ IS THE BEST
jessjow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 04:19:56 pm »

alan jackson has always been my favorite ever since his first song came out on the radio .my heart breaks each time he isnt nominated .he is real country ,i saw him once in concert when he was with leann rhimes .i want to jump on the stage.i have every cd hes ever made.and plan to get each one that comes out in the future.im a big fan.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:18:32 am »

All I can say is, May the BEST Voice & Entertainer Win, but to me that is Alan Jackson.

Alan, it's always next Year! We Always want You to Win, as your Fans!
But We Love your Music and YOU just the same!  win or not!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:37:02 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 10:04:27 pm »

Good Time still has hits and is sooo much better than those other albums.....what is wrong with these people?Huh??  SHaking my head in disbelief....and disgust.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 08:56:07 pm »

Hi okiejacksonfan    I agree with you with all my heart and soul.   ALAN is the greastest singer/songwriter ever.  I feel so sad and sorry he has on nominations.    It is so unfair.   I will keep voting.      Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
January

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 09:13:27 am »

I was astounded as well -These award shows are becominmg popularity contests not awards for talent -  how do you have 4 # 1 songs on a  CD and not get nominated for anything?  Makes no sense at all.....

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 12:45:54 pm »

I was astounded as well -These award shows are becominmg popularity contests not awards for talent -  how do you have 4 # 1 songs on a  CD and not get nominated for anything?  Makes no sense at all.....

I agree. Alan should at least have a Male Vocalist nod.

chcoffey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 06:18:38 pm »

i hate to say it but but i think the only MEN that still make country albums are Alan Jackson, George Strait, and Brooks n Dunn
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 12:54:28 pm »

i hate to say it but but i think the only MEN that still make country albums are Alan Jackson, George Strait, and Brooks n Dunn

I tend to agree with you. When you think of Country Music. Also Trace Adkins has some good songs out. Personally I feel the only way that it can possibly be fair is to have different catagories in Country Music. Pop Country, Southern Country, Traditional Country,
Country rock & roll, or whatever they need to make it fair. How can Taylor Swift compete with George StraiT and be fair? Her style is not Country to me. Obviously the Business goes for the younger generation. Leann Rimes sang Country at 13 , she did a great Patsy Cline called "Blue"She sang Country from day one.

Just my opinon

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 01:48:07 pm »

I so agree with all of you.   Recall this year when they talked of the fans doing the voting.   We certainly know where all of the awards would go.   My heart keeps breaking when Alan is by passed like this.    There are so many artists any more I do not know a lot of them, because of their style.  They definitely are not country.  Is Alan's label not supporting him?

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 07:13:18 pm »

Nelle, thank you for pushing ISB on Buckeye.  I will put my cursor on vote, click real fast and then you do not have to go back and forth.  Not sure if you can request or not.  I see there is a login at the top right corner.  Maybe you can join if you wish and see.  Come back and let us know.  I can push it too 100% and then it will be 6% later.   Oh well, we will just keep voting where we can.   

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: