Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 08:28:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ring Of Fire  (Read 28747 times)
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 10:01:10 pm »

I really like Alan's version of Ring of Fire too!  I voted also.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 03:50:59 pm »

Kathy and Sue, didn't June Carter Cash sing a part in that song also.. So perhaps Lee Ann is singing her part..it's just harmony.Love Lee Ann in any duo's w/Alan. She's great!

Love "Ring of Fire" with Alan's deep voice, it will be great! It IS Great! Love Alan's version.The Beginning really is awesome  and the way he did it instrumentally also..His Voice is always so great.
An old Vern Gosden Song, done by Alan would be terrific. I still love to listen to his work.

Jerrie-MS

Harriet ,and AJ Fans , I just hope Radio plays this one for sure. I think it has a great chance!  several Singers are doing duo's w/others.
(My local station finally[/] is playing The Zac Brown Band"As She's Walking Away" , Love it!

w/Alan Jackson , but it came out @ #130 or so,can't believe that one!) Now I checked today and it's # 8 on Dec 07 YeeHaw!!!! It's playing well, but "Ring Of Fire" may be slow to play here locally. I'm already Requesting it .. let get this one up. Alan's Fan base is growing by leaps and bounds but some people do not vote or Request, so let make sure to make up the difference for the younger and older ones, who aren't computer savvy.
 Let's Request Fans!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:08:41 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 02:24:15 pm »

Well I went to the link and scrolled down..no Alan. Clicked on the link for the previous 3, etc. Still no Alan. Bummed!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
AJfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 04:11:27 pm »

Go to Alan's homepage. There is an articule about the song and you can also listen to it . I really like it.
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:21:03 am »

I love the song too, I listened to the original version and did not like it.
Alan's voice is so deep and sexy!!!
He can sing just about anything and I still like it...

AJ IS THE BEST
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 08:56:14 pm »

Thank you for the link Gayle ,but I couldn't find it either.  I will go to the homepage. Thank you AJfan.   Take Care EVERYONE   nelle
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:57:12 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 10:04:26 pm »

I found the page the clip has been moved to from the link January provided us all. Scroll down a little. As before, the Johnny Cash version is right below  Alan's. Should the page goes "missing" again, look just below the menu tabs (Home. . .Mobile App. . .On Demand. . .News & Photos, etc.) where it said "Previous 3 Entries" in smallish blue letters and keep on clicking on it until you find the page where it's been moved to. I do too like Alan's version of it, but I do like the original Johnny Cash version as well. Both are in tune with their time's current country music sound and real life happenings with Alan's version a little bit artistically enhanced.

http://www.iheartradio.com/cc-common/onair/michaelj.html?page=5

Enjoy!

BHR

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:20:12 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 01:07:14 pm »

Thank you BHR, I heard it.  I like it too, but I also like the Johnny Cash version.

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 10:21:51 am »

Nice song and very good performance of Alan but i prefere Johnny's.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 07:19:55 pm »

Oh so good.   Thank you BHR.   Love that black and white photo of Alan.  Also, like Alan's photo in the center fold of the new CD 34 number ones.     Great CD.  Though I had them all I was very impressed with the arranging of the songs on each CD.   A winner again...............

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 01:46:44 pm »

Nice song and very good performance of Alan but i prefere Johnny's.

Jean

Jean/b, Don't you think Alan with his range, could have done it exactly like Cash but perhaps  he wanted his own rendition.
It also pays Tribute to Cash.Many of Cash's Songs were to be admired, he lived a fast hard life. June Carter Cash came into his life and  all seemed changed. I am almost sure June Carter Cash wrote this "Ring Of Fire." Anyone know for sure?

Alan's has a great beginning with the instruments etc..It is never good to try and sound exactly like another singer. Alan took Eric Clapton's song and did his own rendition and it is much better, voice wise..The name is "Wonderful Tonight." See if you can find it on CMT. It's great!
Jerrie-MS

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:55:38 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 05:18:27 pm »

Today is release day- will start requesting on my local staions.

BHR, love your signature picture.

CARNAHANBI

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 01:55:06 pm »

The radio station  here has started playing             Ring Of  Fire.

Living on Love     Arkansas
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 06:39:36 am »

Jean/b, Don't you think Alan with his range, could have done it exactly like Cash but perhaps  he wanted his own rendition.
It also pays Tribute to Cash.Many of Cash's Songs were to be admired, he lived a fast hard life. June Carter Cash came into his life and  all seemed changed. I am almost sure June Carter Cash wrote this "Ring Of Fire." Anyone know for sure?

Alan's has a great beginning with the instruments etc..It is never good to try and sound exactly like another singer. Alan took Eric Clapton's song and did his own rendition and it is much better, voice wise..The name is "Wonderful Tonight." See if you can find it on CMT. It's great!
Jerrie-MS

Jerrie,  Alan could do it. But like you say he wanted his own rendition. The same would be not a good thing. June Cash wrote the song indeed. You can check insite the cover of Alan's "34#1". Alan did a great job but i still prefere Johny's version.
I heard singing Alan "Wonderful Tonight" and if i'm not wrong he sing that song a few years ago at the CMA Awards. I prefer Alan's version. Eric is a great song writer but not so good singer as Alan.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 01:09:29 pm »

I love both versions...they are so different. I grew up on Johnny's version and love it every time I hear it. Alan's is refreshing with a twist. The beginning of it is so surprising. Love it!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: