Alan Jackson
September 28, 2024, 08:22:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CMA "Black" Carpet Pre-Award Show  (Read 9440 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:15:30 pm »

Not exactly an Alan related story, but I thought this interest you all to read and be informed of. The CMA "Black" Carpet Pre-Awards Show tomorrow will be streamlined on the internet tomorrow. Here's the article with the details on it:

http://www.cmaworld.com/news/cmanews/10-11-08/catch-the-excitement-of-the-cma-awards-via-live-streaming-footage-on-cmaawards-com

BHR

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 05:36:10 pm »

Thanks for letting us know...I will check it tomorrow for sure. I hate to miss anything about Alan.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:14:11 pm »

Thanks for letting us know...I will check it tomorrow for sure. I hate to miss anything about Alan.

BB2832, I hope you'll read. I posted this topic yesterday, Tuesday, so the online/internet streaming is tonight, live.

BHR

suem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 06:56:19 pm »

Thanks....CMT will have a live red carpet show.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 11:37:07 pm »

Yes, it was LIVE on the Red carpet at CMT but Alan was barely shown on TV..I was so disappointed. He deserves better treatment than this.Alan wasn't even interviewed at all. just a quick glance at the tall Guy in the crowd..and a small flick to Alan only once in the audience..
I enjoyed the Zac Brown Band performance and I knew Alan would step out of that curtain. It was great but the sound at that arena wasn't the best.. we were there for "All For The Hall" and it's a huge Arena.
 So disapointed that Alan didn't get to sing one of his great songs alone, George Strait did,so did Reba.I'm very angry.
Reba's choice of Song, was a Beyonce song, which isn't Country at all. My sister called & said what Happened to Reba.

I have to admit, since Zac Brown Band didn't win, I was happy for Brad, he was so happy he cried.
If Alan isn't given a chance to sing or introduce, I will not watch the show again.. I'm sick of him and others getting passed
over..Radio airplay here was not good for Alan, in fact I stopped listening to Radio a while.I requested Alan over & over.

Jerrie-MS
PS- Win or not Alan is the Best in Country Music...He gives so much and is loved by people all over the world..
we Love Alan Jackson, win or lose.He knows he is good. He knows he does Great work!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:29:07 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 04:02:59 pm »

As the CMA's ended my first thought was..."the torch really has been passed"...   Country is all for the modern generation and maybe it has always been.   I am disappointed and angry also.    You read the singers appearing you do not see Alan's name half the time though he is appearing.   The sound is always horrible for these things.  I would love to see Alan release song after song.
Kudos to Vince Gill.     Great applause for Alan when he stepped out.  We all still love you Alan and feeling deprived.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 04:12:10 pm »

I Love some of the new Singers but playing up to them, to carry Country Music is unreal.. Only a few will, the rest will sing pop and say it's Country.. Band Perry sounds good. Always liked Miranda. I have seen so many at the Nashville places
before, you can tell who is real Country and will carry the torch...The music industry does not do Singers right that age..
They get less radio air play( which sells records etc) I still say "Youth is wasted on the Young" LOL

Vince Gill, I admire for oragnizing  so much with Keith Urban and shared with both, Young & older..The older should and deserve RESPECT! This was at Bridgestone too, for the CM Hall Of Fame"

They came up the hard way, now a video or sensual material shoots Singers right to the top..This is not right..
BTW, I enjoyed Little Jimmy Dickens coming out on stage, heaven knows he has been ill recently.He is always @ the Ryman
a lot..many more years hopefully. Love his quirky jokes, so funny.
Jerrie-MS
PS- Funny but with Alan's voice, I wanted him to sing one of Johnny Cash's hits! will be happy to hear & buy"Ring Of Fire"

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 10:31:37 pm »

BHR Thank you for info and the article.    Hope all is well with you.  Take Care  LOVE and HUGS    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 09:28:44 am »

I tuned in to the CMA to see Alan.  They almost ignored him altogether.  Disgusting!!!
He deserves more than that.  He helped out the Zac Brown Band and we got a glimpse of
him there.

CMA has always treated Alan poorly in my opinion.  He knows he's great and we know he's
great but it doesn't speak well for CMA to ignore him each year.  I finally turned it off after
"As She's Walking Away".  Half those people are rock singers.  I heard very little "real country"
Alanfan
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 10:56:39 am »

I agree with all of you. I was thinking, who in country music is going to stand up for Alan and all of his accomplishments, the way Alan stood up for George Jones that year he stopped singing his own song and sang Georges. I normally like to hear Kid Rock, but he was awful that night and the time could have been better spent on hearing one of Alan's songs. Alan is continually snubbed and it makes me sick!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 11:30:18 am »

If you buy the CD with the 34 number one songs, Ring of Fire is included in that.
I pre-ordered mine.

Alanfan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 12:00:46 pm »

TO ALL WHO RESPONDED TO THIS TOPIC: I probably should have posted this explanation earlier as I knew that CMT is going to air this pre-show live as well. Primarily the reason I did post this is for the AJ fans who live outside of the country. That at least they'll see that part of the CMA "hoopla". . .pardon my choice of word there. I don't know if any of them actually read my post but I was hoping that some of them did and was able to tune in on this on their computers. Well. . .at least I tried, anyway.

I do agree with you all on your sentiments about the CMA. Was hoping not to see and hear Kid Rock singing there either. He definitely does not belong in the country music genre and should just give it up. I read an online comment on Gwynette Paltrow's performance at the CMA by a critic that said that just because she can speak and sing with a Southern twang doesn't make her a country singer, good or bad. I think this applies to Kid Rock as well.

Nelle, thanks for your kind thoughts. Hubby and I and our whole family are doing fine. . .just a little busy these days, especially with the preparation for Thanksgiving and the coming holidays. Take care too.

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: