Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 08:08:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: October Thread  (Read 44168 times)
January

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2010, 01:55:34 pm »

Congratulations Gwen!  A marvelous anniversary to celebrate.  My niece is coming up on 2 years breast cancer free - my mother-in-law - 15 years, another niece is 5 years cancer free - luekemia - she is 10.  We are blessed.

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
caz

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 04:26:20 pm »

Hi to all my Aj BUDDIES HAVE'NT POSTED FOR AGES BUT i HAVE BEEN READING YOUR POSTS JUST DONT HAVE MUCH TIME THESE DAYS FANTASTIC NEWS ABOUT THE AUSTRALIAN TOUR HOPEFULLY HE MIGHT MAKE IT TO THE UK ONE DAY   PLEASSSSSSSSE LOL. LOVE TO YOU ALL OH AND BY THE WAY HAPPY OCTOBER BETTER LATE THAN NEVER LOL TAKE CARE ALL. CAZ
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2010, 02:34:31 am »

Thank you Gayle........that is great news about your mother in law and nieces Smiley

Gwen
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2010, 01:12:36 pm »

Will come back and  read all the posts.My computer
was down all weekend.Didn't realize how much I
would miss it.
It has been raining for the last three days(YUK)
Elaine

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:43 am »

We are getting a lot of wind today, and tonado watch is out now (am).  Supposed to be a windy, rainy day.  Hope nothing horrible.  Leslie
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2010, 08:39:48 am »

Leslie,

We have storms coming toward Indy and they just issued a Tornado warning. The winds have been strong all morning.

Caz,

What part of the UK do you live in? My mom was from Warrington. She met my dad while he was stationed in Burtonwood just after WWII. I lost my mother in 2002 to breast cancer.  We flew her twin sister from Warrington to Indy to see my mom while she was ill. They had not seen each other in over 40 years. Then in 2005, after my mom had been gone a few years, I went to Warrington and stayed with my aunt (moms twin)...she lives in the same house they grew up in. It was so special. My sister went with me. I will never forget it. I had been there when I was a child, and memories came flooding back. It's the same as it was when my mom lived there, for the most part....from the pictures she had. We then took a train to London for a couple of days. I hope to go back there maybe next year. Take care!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2010, 01:19:23 pm »

Brenda how wonderful you got to go back.
What wonderful memories you must have
of the home.
Kelsey's volley ball team won Gold on the
weekend.They have another tournament
next weekend which I will go to as it is at
her school.Georgie is going for a hair cut
at 12 today.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2010, 02:37:58 pm »

Hello AJ Friends,

Elaine, congrats to Kelsey for the All Star Team.

Jean Az, Glad you enjoyed the Tuscany trip. Narrow ... that's how the country roads are in Europe. And i agree with you, Italians aren't the most friendly people! But the food is delicious! Italy, France and Belgium are the places to be for good eating. There is a Italian restaurant in my neighberhood. They serve delicious pastas and " osso buco". I enjoyed "Under the Tuscan Sun" too.

Caz, That was a long time not posting. Glad you are back.

Leslie & Brenda, hope you are safe of the storms.

Kathy, congrats to your son. How old / young is he?

Jerrie, hope your hubby is oké. You too.

Harriet, heart the good news, hope you are better soon.

BHR, Gayle, Gwen, January, and all i diden't mention, hello to you too. Hope you are all in good health and shape.

No much to tell. That mean everything is all right with me. My knee is doing much better. The last days i feld no pain anymore but this morning i waked up with pain. I went out for a ride with my bike and i didn't feld any pain. Now its 9.30pm and i feel a little pain again. Strange! It must be the age. lol.
See you soon,

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2010, 01:14:20 pm »

Jean sorry to hear you have pain in your
knee.
Back to a cloudy day.Our ski hill is getting
snow.Won't be long and they will have
enough to open.
Elaine

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2010, 02:31:20 pm »

Elaine,

Congrats to your daughter for winning the tournament. My kids are all grown now with kids of their own. I have 2 sons and a daughter. Between the 3 of them, I now have 5 grandsons.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2010, 10:13:08 am »

Hello and G'd Morning. . .or whatever time it is wherever you are. . .Everyone!

WOW! It's a little quiet here at the forum. Hope everyone's doing well. Just finally able to drop in here for a little chat. Had been busy the last few days with our oldest son, who is now officially and honorably discharged from the US Navy, back home to stay a while until he finds himself another job and subsequently a place of his own here in GA. Had to fix up our youngest son's (Michael) bedroom so both of them can use it. . .a disadvantage of living in a small apartment. Had to help Michael pack up too for their trip to Alabama to be at Alan's benefit concert. They actually already left and I'm still being envious. LOL! Our oldest son decided to travel early so he can familiarize himself with the area there and also to beat the crowd where the tickets are going to be picked up from. . .probably have other plans too for him and his brother that we're not aware of.

Meanwhile, hubby and my travel plans for the weekend has been cancelled. We were supposed to have been at Blairsville, GA already yesterday but his attnedance at the conferrence was cancelled and instead he was asked to work for at least a half day tomorrow, Saturday. Sucks! They're finishing up on a deadline, as usual. So, move on to Plan B we go. We're going to join the Nebraska Huskers fans here in GA at their gathering place tomorrow afternoon and enjoy watching the football game. . .hope they win it too. Other than that, I don't know what else we're going to be doing the rest of the weekend. Probably tweedle our thumbs. LOL!

Harriet, thank you for updating me on your health situation. Praying for your continued and complete recovery. HUGS!

Jeri, I hope you and your husband are doing ok. You both are continously in my thoughts and prayers too. HUGS!

Nelle, we have not seen you post here in a while. Hope everything's fine with you also. Continued thoughts and prayers for you too. 

Jean-Az, welcome back! Thanks for sharing with us your travel experiences in Italy. It does sound like you really had a great time over there. I'm kind of envious.

Elaine, congrats to Kelsey and her team winning Gold at last weekend's tournament. Good Luck to them on this weekend's tournament! How did Georgie's haircut session go?

JeanB, sorry to hear about your knee pain too. That is strange. Maybe you should have it checked by your doctor?!? You take care of yourself.

Kathy, belated happy birthday to your son. Ah, yes, Christmas shopping days are here again. I think we'll try and do it earlier this year and try to beat the crowd. . .or we'll probably do it the last minute again, as usual. :-)

Caz, it's good to see you posting again. You've been missed here. Happy October to you too! Come back again.

Leslie and Brenda. . .and everyone else who are on the path of these nasty storms and tornadoes, please stay warm and safe. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

To anyone I've missed, Hello and my best regards.

Lastly, for those of you who have not seen it, I posted an update on the "Prayers. . ." thread a few days ago on how Harriet is doing and it's a GOOD NEWS. Please read.

Have a wonderful weekend to you all. And for those of you traveling to Alabama for the concert tomorrow, safe travels and have loads of fun and don't forget to tell us all about it later. Love 'ya all!

BHR

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2010, 02:27:13 pm »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN to everyone!  Leslie
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2010, 01:55:12 pm »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO EVERYONE! 
It is a beautiful falll weekend. 
I finally turned my heat on the other day - it got down into the 20's that night.  BRRR!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2010, 04:43:28 pm »

Brenda both my daughter and son are
married.Kelsey is my 17 year old
granddaughter.Her sister   Jess is 12
My son has three kids.Teenina is 24
Ashley is 23 and my only grandson Travis
is 20.
BHR glad to hear your son made it home
and is settling in.Enjoy the football game.
Georgie  likes it when he gets a hair cut.
It is cloudy and cool here today.
Everyone enjoy the trick or treaters
tomorrow.
Elaine

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: