Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 10:42:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sarnia Bayfest show was EXCELLENT!!!  (Read 5413 times)
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:39:57 am »

Hello everyone............well we went to see Alan.  OMG........first of all the heat.......we got there at 7:00.  I wanted to have extra time in case of an accident or road problems as it was a 2and 1/2 hour drive.

The handicap parking was great but the raised seating platform was HORRIBLE.  Apparently when we went over, we were stopped and told "there is no more room because on Friday night, apparently it partly collapsed"  They have been having concerts there for many years but cannot build a proper platform sooooooo we had to go over in sit in the grass.  My back is a mess.  We never brought a blanket, my hubby had one jacket in the car that we shared to sit on for 51/2 hours.  BTW when I called I was told there were chairs provided.  Guess they hid those.  I forgot to ask.

Okay enough complaining.  We missed the first one or two openers but no biggy.  Then at 10:15 they had the big screen and it showed #1 Chatahoochie in white on a black screen as you could hear a snippet of the song, this was followed by many #1 another song name and then a snippet was played.  They did it for maybe  15 times, THEN they got faster and then even faster and you just knew he was getting ready to come out.  OMG my heart was pounding and then all of sudden it started............GONE COUNTRY.....and he came out.  He wore a blue and white checkered shirt, holey jeans of course and his grey boots. He looked his usual fantastic......... He sang for over 11/2 hours.  Came back for an encore.......Mercury Blues.  It was one of the best shows he put on - out of the seven times I have seen him.  I really enjoyed HHAAH.  That was the only one he played from the new CD. 

It was excellent!  I found the crowd not as into it.  Maybe because I was not up front like usual.  I was the only nut, taking pictures, a few videos, calling my sis on cell phone to let her listen, using the binoculars, singing, dancing and clapping  pretty well all at the same time in the dark mind you........while sitting on a hilly grassy area.  I of course had my Alan t shirt and Alan baseball hat on too!!!!

Okay I am finished rambling.  When hubby gets pictures downloaded.......I will try to post them.  Oh......we saw part of the truck with Freight Train on it.  It was hidden behind some trees.........I know maybe they hid the chairs in it that were supposed to be for the handicapped people....I know I am bad....just joking...we know Alan would NEVER hide chairs LOL...he was a real sweetie and did an awesome job.......okay I'm gone.... bye!

Gwen... WE HAD A GOOD TIME!!!!!!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:18:38 am »

Gwen, sorry to hear you had so much trouble, but glad to hear that the concert more than made up for it!!!  I think just seeing Alan up there on the stage singing just makes everything else just fade away.  Can't wait to see your pictures.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 07:58:43 am »

I loved your review.  I could feel the chills of excitement as he was ready to come on stage!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 03:47:47 pm »

Gwen,

Even though you didn't get seats on the raised area , perhaps that was a good omen as some have collasped before.
Sounds like even sitting on your hubby's jacket, you still enjoyed our fabulous Man! At least you have heard him sing
his New "Hard Hat And A Hammer", and after my husband got ill, we haven't been able to go.. boo hoo I can't wait to hear him sing that Song "Live" as It is now playing on radio every five minutes, it seems.
Gwen , so glad you got to her HHAAH though and  sounds like it was wonderful! I hope you get a M & G someday to meet
Alan . He is so wonderful and kind. he seems to not put himself above his fans and I loved that about him. I talked to him finally, didn't remember to tell him my name, Oh yes I forgot it , my name that is lol. He is so kind and puts his Fans at ease
and is super nice. So good Lookin' "I may be married but I'm not dead"... who said that ha! His skin look so great and he
is just the perfect size.. in great shape & tall. His shirt he had on the night I saw met him was black & so soft..I finally did remember to turn around and to have my photo made w/him. He talked to me back & forth some . he didn't seem to mind I was blocking the photographer lol  It was The greatest night of my life, meeting a Singer I had admired all the Years
and before I died  lol He never lets you down, he is exactly as you think he will be, not pretentious.. Lordy! I rattle on & it's
like I've told this story a thousand tiimes but just going to his Concerts , you can't wait for the next one , well I'm already praying for my next M & G  too ha! It hits the moment you leave him..So glad you and your husband enjoyed it , even without chairs , I can't go to outdoor venues , because of Asthma but I did to St Augustine as it was a bit cool then and I made it ok.. Nice to know you and your Husband had a "Good Time", even with  the conditions. Not sure but some Venue's the people are less into the Music and sit and watch, Perhaps that was the case..we have yet to see a Concert that we didn't enjoy and we have been to lots..also the Grand Ole Opry and Ryman in Nashville. we have had a Blast every Concert.. BTW, I don't count on correct info when calling a venue, we have had them say we could not take photos and left our camera at home & get there and we could have ..It was rainy in one and I had my umbrella, it was old , the Lady said" no umbrellas", so right in front of her, I pitched it in the trash. lol Our good one was in the car ha! My husband nearly gagged over that .. it was so funny to me..
Can't wait to see your photos , glad you got to go! I hope we can see him & the Band this Fall, please dear lord..
Take care, Jerrie-MS & FL

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:57:33 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 10:31:05 pm »

Glad you had a good time ,Just be there makes all problems go away .I can't wait untill my next one .
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 08:03:01 am »

so glad that you enjoyed it!  Leslie
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 11:49:12 am »

Glad you had a good time Gwen! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: