Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 07:51:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's "Drive" comes in 2nd  (Read 3964 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010, 09:54:19 pm »

Country Weekly Poll.
What's your favorite song about a father's love?

George Strait- Love Without End- 44%

Alan Jackson- Drive-37 %

Holly Dunn- Daddy's Hands- 19%

A very respectable showing for Alan & the song that means so much to him.

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:05:55 pm »

Such a beautiful song that Alan wrote from deep within his heart for his wonderful Dad. 
Love that video.   
I was just listening to the clip of Alan doing "You Look Wonderful Tonight".   Wish Alan would do a CD of songs he has done like this, 7 Bridges Road of the Eagles, My Home Is in Alabama and others.   

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 10:16:02 am »

Great news...thanks so much for sharing.

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 12:14:59 pm »

Harriet, I love" Drive" and this did quite well for Alan, My radio station locally still plays it a lot.

He has to still miss his dad, hasn't been that long.

Kanaloa,  I love "Wonderful Tonight" and several choice ones of Alan's recorded earlier, but Alan Plays to his Core Fans and they seem to like his older songs more, I guess. I was so proud he did "Like Red On A Rose" the night I got to meet him,
it is one of my favorites , also "A Woman's Love." actually anything Alan sings is ok with me. Not sure I have a favorite but
"Where Were You" really touched me , when we had the tragedy..I cried, the first time I heard him sing it "live" in Concert.
Alan could do "Georgia on My Mind,"and  I loved that song at the Jimmy Buffett concert." Mississippi , Your'e On My Mind," by Jessie Winchester..it was a great song, my being  from MS..I got it from I-tunes.I Still get all of Alan's I love from way back. He has a long list of Songs to pick from.
I still like the song "Drive", that Video is so cute with Alan's children in the Jeep w/him ha now they have all grown up so fast. I wonder if Denise went though what most mom's do, when  that first one leaves Home..Not to worry, mine went to NY and now she keeps coming back with her children now lol.
later , Jerrie-FL

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:18:13 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:52:31 pm »

Thanks for letting know Harriet.
"Drive" : a song for eternity !!!

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: