Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 11:44:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: June Thread- Come on in for a visit  (Read 61301 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2010, 02:18:51 pm »

Hello to All. I have improved a lot since starting Physical Terapy & appreciate all of your kind comments. It is very hot in Geargia but that's the usual here. Wish we could leapfrog into Fall which is my favorite season.

JeanB- I am concerned about you & hope you have a complete recovery. If they say you need an internal defibrillar it's best to go ahead & get it. Do your doctors say you will be able to contine riding your bike? My thoughts & prayers are with you. Jean, I am a retired cardiac nurse- let me know if I can help you in any way.

Maureen, so delighted to see you post again & glad you're feeling better. I thought about you often. Just come on over.
The USA welcomes you.

Sharon- Saw on the news that Clemson is undefeated in the College World Series. No wonder you're so excited. I tip my hat to your team.

Elaine- It's great you have so much family support & Sisco.

Sue- Hoping you continue to have a safe & enjoyable trip. My spirit was in Nashville with you- I love to go there.

Jeri- Sorry to hear your heat index is 105. Hope you can stay in most of the time.

Hello to AJTexasfan, Dizzy, Terry, Jean-AZ and all the rest of Alan's wonderful fans.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:21:28 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2010, 10:54:57 pm »

Jean B.. I had open heart surgery about a year and a half ago..I had to have a pig valve put in it took awhile to get over but time has a way of healing...I have had to be shocked back into rhythm and it does help I sure hope you will be feeling better after it is over...I  also hope you don't have to have a defilibrator....Hope you are feeling better now.

Dizzy,
 I never knew you had open heart, it must have been while I was away in MS at mom's. You looked absolutely great when I met you at UCF.My BIL's shock into rhythm  did well but he doesn't exercise to the same extent.. he walks now, instead of running. They belong to a health club, so they both exercise together doing what his Dr says and hers for her too.
Mom had a M. Valve problem and so does my sister and I. I just hope I never have to have one put in,
but if I do  will be pig skin for sure. Most say they are the best w/least rejection. Nurse harriet I should have asked you..
 I hope you are progressing well,I love fall too but we don't seem to have one here much ha!

Sue, I hope your friends surgery went ok..Just think when you unpack, you will be in a new clean condo.I know you will love seeing your Jana, she's beautiful... .

Jean/B take it easy.. glad you retired and can enjoy resting up now..Take care Everyone, enjoying Alan's new video!
The song is up & down, one day 29 , next 33. kids should go back to school, I think they are voting & it affects the air play.maureen nice to see you posting.!
Jerrie-FL
PS- To Cheer you up, Jean/B , my Dad had heart problems too in his family..He died in his 50's an auto wreck, because of his heart.But his sister lived to be 83!!! and she walked and kept herself active. Yes the bood thinner really helps, mom was on that always.Dad would not go for his check ups, like he should have.He worked too hard also.
 You will be in our prayers. All of you take care, Harriet glad you are seeing improvement now.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:13:56 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2010, 03:57:37 am »

Hello dear Friends,

My wife and i thank you for all the prayers and your concerns. I doing very well. I feel 10 years younger after that rhytme shock. Don't worry ,i take it easy for a while. Tomorow i go to the hospital for a MR Scan of my heart. They have to measure the thickness of my blood. I have to take "marcoumar", bloodthinner, for the rest of my life i think.

Harriet & Dizzy, yes i'll take the defibrillar because severall people in my family dead because a heart failure. Doctord said it's hereditary. My father was 48, my sister 55, her son 39 (three weeks ago) and a cousin 32.
Glade you improved very good Harriet. Take it like that.

Kathy, hope you've got a wonderful birthday.(June 19th.)
Happy Birthday To You !!!   Happy Birthday To You !!!   Happy Birthday To You !!!

Maureen, welcome back.

Sharon, maybe i can help with soccer and specially the World Championship Soccer.
32 teams are qualified for those championships divised in 8 groups (A,B,C,D,E,F,G, and H). They play a little tournament and the two first teams go to the 16th. finals.
Soccer rules are very easy. A "match" take 2 "half times" of 45 minutes. The team scoring the most goals is the winner and get 3 points. If the score is equal, each get 1 point. The looser get nothing. In soccer it's not allowed to touch the ball with the hands or arms. Every other part of the body is allowed.
I get this link with all you need to know about the Soccer C.C. in South Africa.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup
btw.: Belgium isn't qualifid.

Jerrie, & Kathy, i can say that Willie Nelson cut his long hair. I hope see him in the future. He's coming to Europe almost every year.

Elaine, have a nice weekend with Sisco and Jess.

Nice summer weather in Belgium. 25°c or 80°F.
I love Alan's new video very much. Great job! Like always !

See you next week my Friends.

Jean
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:59:41 am by JeanB » Logged

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2010, 12:21:54 pm »

JeanB, glad to hear you are feeling better.
Thanks for the birthday wishes, but you're a month early.  My birthday is July 19, 3 weeks to my birthday and 5 weeks to my retirement!!  YEEHAW!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2010, 02:24:46 pm »

Oeps !!! Sorry Kathy.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
jenny

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2010, 07:59:43 pm »

hey everyone its been so long since i have been in here ,how is everyone ,Im still here wishing AJ would come over here lol

Jenny
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2010, 08:03:43 pm »

JeanB God bless you and I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. You are so nice.         Harriet I am so happy to hear that you are better.    My thoughts and prayers go out to all the great AJ FANS.   Hi Elaine, I hope all stays good for you.
BHR and Jeri I hope all goes well with your husbands.             Love, Take Care and HUGS to all of you.   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2010, 01:49:23 pm »

Had a busy weekend with Jess.Then on Sunday I
watched sports.Love watching the golf and Nascar
racing.I was flipping to find something to watch last
night.The daytime emmys were on.They were paying
tribute to Dick Clark.It was fun watching all those singers
from bandstand.Seing how they ages made me feel old(LOL)
Todd phoned and him and Deb got a new pup.
They had lost Max abut three months ago.
Having a hot day with rain closed for late this afternoon.
Elaine

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2010, 05:43:05 pm »

HI DEAR FRIENDS,  OK, GET THIS OUT OFTHE WAY FIRST...ITS HOT!!  HOW HOT YOU ASK?  108 TO 112 PROMISED THIS WEEK.  DON'T BELIEVE THAT "YEAH, BUT ITS A DRY HEAT" NONSENSE.  THIS KNOCKS YOU DOWN BETWEEN THE HOUSE AND THE GARAGE, AND YOU WIND UP CRAWLING THE LAST FEW FEET.  CAN'T SWEAT OR SPIT, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SPARE THE FLUID.  I TRY TO RECALL HOW COLD I WAS UP IN SOUTH DAKOTA IN MAY, BUT ITS A FADING MEMORY.

WENT TO THE DR. THIS A.M. FOR THE YEARLY THING.  WELL, I MADE IT THRU THE FIRST 78 YEARS WITHOUT PILLS, (EXCEPT FOR FOSOMAX, AND THAT HARDLY COUNTS)  BUT NOW GOING ON SOME LITTLE GREEN PILL, FOR ELEVATED BLOOD PRESSURE (CAN'T SPELL OR PRONOUNCE ITS NAME, SO ITS JUST THAT, A LITTLE GREEN PILL) WE'LL SEE HOW THAT WORKS, I'M ALWAYS SO SUSPICIOUS OF THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS, YOU KNOW HOW LONG THOSE LISTS CAN BE.  WILL BE A DAY OR TWO BEFORE THE RESULTS AND TESTS ARE BACK FROM ALL THE BLOOD AND  BODILY FLUIDS THEY HAVE TO HAVE...WHAT THE HECK DO THEY DO WITH ALL THAT??   

HARRIET, YOU KEEP ON KEEPING ON MY GIRL, AND I REMEMBER ICE HELPING MY SHOULDER MESS MORE THAN HEAT, BUT THAT IS AN INDIVIDUAL THING I THINK.  TWO OF MY FRIENDS HERE HAVE TAKEN BAD FALLS RECENTLY, ONE BROKE A VERTABRAE IN HER BACK, TRIPPED OVER SOME SHOES ON THE FLOOR, AND ANOTHER TRIPPED OVER A CURB, NOTHING BROKEN, BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS BEEN IN PRIZE FIGHT.  IN FACT, IN THE ER, SHE WAS QUESTIONED PRETTY CLOSELY ON THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING ABUSED.  WHEN I HAD MY TRIP-OVER-THE-CURB THING I BOTH  BROKE AND DISLOCATED MY SHOULDER.  TIDY, HUH?  WHY NOT DO BOTH AT ONCE, SAVES THAT EXTRA TRIP TO THE ER.  I HAVE NEVER  BEEN THE PICTURE OF GRACE IN MOTION.  SOMETIMES I THINK MY FEET BELONG TO SOMEONE ELSE, I AM SO AMAZED ABOUT WHAT THEY DO COMPLETELY ON THIER OWN.

THIS IS STARTING TO DO THAT WIERD ROLL DOWN THING ON ME, SO I CAN'T SEE WHAT I'VE TYPED AS I TYPE IT. SOME COMPUTER GREMLIN IS SNICKERING, I'M SURE.
YOU ALL STAY WELL, COOL, AND UPRIGHT....

jean/az/allALANalways
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2010, 10:40:51 pm »

Jean/az I  can agree with you and all the  pills ..My dr took me off all my pills except 4 pills and i was on 9 aday and without all the pills I have been feeling so much better ....I had to laugh and you tell ing about you friend fall you made it so junny..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2010, 10:05:09 am »

Thanks Jean/B for the explanation.  Maureen also called and explained.  I appreciate it. 
We are excited about the win last night of South Carolina over UCLA!  Surprised the commentators and even though Clemson lost in the semi finals to Carolina, I'm rooting for my alma mater!!!!!  They sure looked good last night.  Would love for them to win it in two!!!!  Go Cocks! (Hate that expression, but that's theirs! LOL!)  Did any of you see the game? Loved the sign the girls were holding up "Fear the Chicken". 

My grandson from TN will be here for a few days.  I'm looking forward to seeing him.  I've invited Grant to come too so they can keep each other company.  An 'ole grandma is no fun by herself!!! 

It is so dry here.  We need rain and it has been hot too.  Not as humid today and no rain predicted in the next few days.  I've been having to water the plants, but it's just not the same as rain. 

Good to see your post Maureen. 

Better get busy with some stuff, y'all have a good day.  Wish AJ was playing close.....Oh well, Tim McGraw in July for me!!!!  Hello to everyone reading!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2010, 12:56:45 am »

Hi all..,
I finally made it home yesterday after a 12-hr flight from Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia.
still have to deal with the jetlegs but I'm sure it will be over soon as I still have one week off from work..
the weather here is still hot!!!!

Elaine, I wasn't visiting my family in Malaysia, I was just vacationing..
most of my family members live in Jakarta, Australia and some in New-Zealand..
I did spend 2 weeks in Jakarta though..

JeanB, I'm so sorry to hear you have had a heart failure, glad things are working out well for you..
just follow the doctor's orders...LOL

Harriet nice to read you've improved too, hope you're getting better each day..
AnitaMartina, sorry for not writing you sooner, I have been away for almost a month too, hope you enjoyed your vacation here in Europe..

Sue, are you settling down yet, good luck!!
Sharon, you are always in the move.. good for you..
my post is getting too long and boring.., I need to stop now!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:14:53 am by kimberly » Logged

AJ IS THE BEST
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2010, 12:08:52 pm »

HI DEAR FRIENDS,  OK, GET THIS OUT OFTHE WAY FIRST...ITS HOT!!  HOW HOT YOU ASK?  108 TO 112 PROMISED THIS WEEK.  DON'T BELIEVE THAT "YEAH, BUT ITS A DRY HEAT" NONSENSE.  THIS KNOCKS YOU DOWN BETWEEN THE HOUSE AND THE GARAGE, AND YOU WIND UP CRAWLING THE LAST FEW FEET.  CAN'T SWEAT OR SPIT, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SPARE THE FLUID.  I TRY TO RECALL HOW COLD I WAS UP IN SOUTH DAKOTA IN MAY, BUT ITS A FADING MEMORY.
WENT TO THE DR. THIS A.M. FOR THE YEARLY THING.  WELL, I MADE IT THRU THE FIRST 78 YEARS WITHOUT PILLS, HARRIET, YOU KEEP ON KEEPING ON MY GIRL, AND I REMEMBER ICE HELPING MY SHOULDER MESS MORE THAN HEAT, BUT THAT IS AN INDIVIDUAL THING I THINK.  TWO OF MY FRIENDS HERE HAVE TAKEN BAD FALLS RECENTLY, ONE BROKE A VERTABRAE IN HER BACK, TRIPPED OVER SOME SHOES ON THE FLOOR, AND ANOTHER TRIPPED OVER A CURB, NOTHING BROKEN, BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS BEEN IN PRIZE FIGHT.  IN FACT, IN THE ER, SHE WAS QUESTIONED PRETTY CLOSELY ON THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING ABUSED.  WHEN I HAD MY TRIP-OVER-THE-CURB THING I BOTH  BROKE AND DISLOCATED MY SHOULDER.  TIDY, HUH?  WHY NOT DO BOTH AT ONCE, SAVES THAT EXTRA TRIP TO THE ER.  I HAVE NEVER  BEEN THE PICTURE OF GRACE IN MOTION.  SOMETIMES I THINK MY FEET BELONG TO SOMEONE ELSE, I AM SO AMAZED ABOUT WHAT THEY DO COMPLETELY ON THIER OWN.
YOU ALL STAY WELL, COOL, AND UPRIGHT....
Jean/AZ. I am so sorry for laughing about your post but I read it to my husband and he thought it was hilarious,ha! the way in which you wrote it. it is no fun to fall, ask me ha! Please try and not fall again..I went to a balance Dr @ Mayo here and he really helped my falling..thus far, I haven't fallen, Thank God! So sorry as the post wasn't directed to me.
Harriet do they say to put ice because it helps the inflammation ? My Dr said use ice because pain pills make me sick..I hope you are still improving and Jean/B take care too.
Again Jean/AZ I apologize about laughing at your dilemmia. so sorry, but it read so funny..
Take care Eveyone, Kimberly so glad you got back safely..nice trip away..good to see you posting again
Jeri-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2010, 02:19:32 pm »

Hi AJ Fans,

still very nice weather in Brussels! Today i met, "AnitaMartina", Anita and her husband Dan in Brussels. Wonderful and nice people from Canada!They are on the way back of a vacation in Europe. We met at "Manneken Pis", the famoust citizen of Brussels. We spend two hours together, talking about Alan and the beautiful trip they maded. We went to the "Grand Place" where we tasted "Cherry beer", a Brussels speciality. Pity that they haven't time enough for a longer stay in Brussels and that my wife couldn't be there. She's had to work ! Tomorow they leave for the Netherlands. Once more i can confirm what other fans said: Alan Jackson Fans are the niciest and best fans in the world !

Have a Good Time everybody,

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: