Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 11:26:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: FortWayneShowReview  (Read 33521 times)
CowgirlDee

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 05:40:25 am »

AWESOME BECKY!  That was SO great you could share that with your grandsons! How wonderful! SURELY a night to remember!  That's great about the pic;)  OH MY GOSH!  Sounds like me. My cousin was on her hands and knees trying to find the one that fell from her hand. LOL Wink  I'm so glad you had a great time as well!  TAKECare!
GreatLakesKayaker

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 02:57:33 pm »

Please know that all of you suffering from the floods are in our prayers.

Sometimes we don’t realize how much we touch each others lives. 
As we live with a song in our hearts we can’t help but share!  Share a smile, a “howdy”, joy, a hand, a song, a signature, a tissue, a compliment, a hug. And love. 
          My Doug and I looked forward to our evening in Fort Wayne, our youngest of 4 was graduating this June and this was to be one of our special nights….just the two of us, so I thought. 
      As we left for the concert my Doug looked smashing in his new western shirt and the hat he hadn’t worn in years.  In my eyes he was 30 again. 
     We where in awe at our seat locations, they where far more than we could have wished for, far enough back to see over those standing in the front rows.  Perfect!    Thank you so much Cindy for all the time and emails spent on reserving our seats. 
      We started up conversations with just about everyone around us…..Where ya from?, devoted fan?  First concert?   Everyone was happy to share their excitement.     Seated by us, Emily and her Mother, who were still glowing after attending a M&G.   I don’t think I have ever seen so much Joy!  Made me thankful for the special times we have with our daughters and our mom’s.
     Chris Young and Josh Turner were charming as they sang with their deep voices and a tip of the hat.  Truly Chris & Josh are up and coming Hollywood Stars too!.  Their songs made me just want to get up and dance!  Sitting tight to his seat, my Doug shared a squeeze instead. 
    As the fiddles announced Alan and the Strayhorns on the stage, our area was up hootin’ and a hollarin’.   What fun!  All the videos on the big screens where very entertaining and most endearing where the smiles during “Little bitty”.   Everyone in the house had to be shinning their purlie whites! 
   We too enjoyed the reminiscing and songs of Alan and the Strayhorns as they sat on the stools…..Kind of remind us of  “Pickin’ and a-Grinnin’” with Buck and Roy.  We couldn’t help but love the solo’s of the Strayhorns.  As only Alan can say it “That was good!” 
     Cute how Alan questioned the spelling during “Goodtime”s……He must really like to see those Goodtime signs!   
     Well, we counted 25 hand clappin’, toe tappin’ , sing a long, make ya want to cry sometimes songs!  (So nice of the couple next to us, Dee and Bill, to pass me a tissue during “Where were you?”.   Thank you!)   
      Near the end of the concert Dee and Bill encouraged me to take my poster to the stage to get signed.  Thankfully Dee took my hand and led me up.  (A big Thank you to the security guards for letting us pass.)  After placing the poster on the stage floor, I turned around to see the excitement in the front row fans!   There behind me was a young man in a wheel chair.  I asked if he would like Alan to sign his hat.  Of course!  Alan must have noticed him for his hat was the first to be signed.  I did not see Alan sign my poster for as I returned the hat to the young man I noticed tears from his eyes.  I told him it was ok and how cool it was to have Alan sign his hat.  I could not help but to give him a hug.  As I hugged him he told me he had 6 months to live……we continued to hug as the concert ended.   (Please say a prayer for Andy) 
      When my Doug and I returned to our hotel that evening we met two couples reminiscing over the concert in the hotel lounge.  As we joined them they complimented on how nice it was to see my husband open the door for me twice on the way to the concert.   
    By this time my heart was bursting!

Thank you to all of you who made our night so special. 

You know God blesses us with fleeing moments where we can touch each others lives.  So turn around, give a wink to those without a smile, wet your whistle and keep a song in your heart.  Take time and count your blessings!

Alan, The Strayhorns and Your Families…..Thank you for the songs we love to sing. 
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »

GreatLakesKayaker, You are a beautiful person inside and out.

Did you get your poster signed?  I hope so.

It is wonderful to see fans getting along and taking care of one
another like this...and these three singers sure do take care of
their fans, too!

I am loving it that most reviews after these Freight Train shows
are mentioning the sit down sessions!  They are awesome!!

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on your show.
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 05:00:53 pm »

Great Lakes Fan

What a beautiful night you must have had.  It made me cry about the man in the wheel chair and continues my great regard for Alan and his fans - helping each other all the time.  That makes the concerts even better because you go away with a warm personal feeling, not just a comment on what a wonderful concert it was.

Got bless you for your review.  I wish I had been there with you.

Alanfan from Michigan
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 08:46:41 pm »

GreatLakesKayaker, thanks for sharing your beautiful, exciting evening.  It is so great to read about such wonderful experiences.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 06:49:41 am »

Thanks for the great reviews, sounds like all of you had a wonderful night!  Enjoyed reading about it.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 07:30:04 am »

It was quite a night, nice to be able to share it with others who feel the same.  Leslie
CowgirlDee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 09:26:01 am »

Great Lakes Kay what a wonderful Review! and you are an angel!!!! 
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 10:30:18 am »

Thanks for the GREAT REVIEW.That was the BEST CONCERT I have been too.
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 01:54:57 pm »

Great reviews everyone, especially a wonderful night for Dee's parents. I bet your Dad is still in heaven from Alan signing his hat.

Great Lakes Kay ~ You wrote a wonderful, heartfelt review. Sad about the story of Andy. may we all remember him in our prayers. Did he say what he was dying from?

We met a lady at the Rosemont concert sitting in the front row, she won from a radio station. Her 15 y/o daughter had a M&G with Alan a few years back while she was sick from a brain tumor. The lady showed us her M&G picture with Alan. When she met him, she asked if she could give Alan a kiss on the cheek and he graciously said yes. The young lady died six months to the day of her M&G. Her mom said meeting Alan was the highlight of her life.

My heart goes out to everyone in the Nashville area. We use to live a block from the Cumberland River in Gallatin. Our old neighborhood was safe from the flooding. Go to the Nashville web site and help however you can. Most of the people didn't have flood insurance. A lot of musicians had equipment stored at a warehouse that was flooded.
Sad ~ Sad ~ Sad.
GreatLakesKayaker

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 02:10:52 pm »

I couldn't help but share my thoughts.... Still pondering... I am finding a lesson.  With all that is happening in our world, I think I have been asking God "Why" alot lately and not nearly enough thank-you's.
     Yes, Mar4aj, Alan did sign my poster!   Thank you Alan.    
     And Thank all of you for your comments....But I am just Like all of you!   Just trying to do good.  (you just don't want to meet me when I'm being bad!)  
     Back to the concerts.....I wonder if Alan is planning on singing the song "Freight Train" for the first time for our good neighbors in Canada.  Does it not originate from Canada?  How cool would that be?   Oh, how I love the pickin' in Freight Train!
     To all Fan's going to the next concerts......Make sure you have those "Goodtime" signs!  

In closing.....I will share this with you....Helping 3 year old's with their hand printed Mother's day cards, I asked "Why do you love your mom?"   Their reply's:   "'Cause she tickles me."     "Cause she plays lego's with me."  "cause she makes me "Alien" Mac & cheese".  "Cause she makes me birthday cupcakes" (does mom watch AJ video's?)  And....
"Cause she adores me.   That means she loves me in her heart!"  
Give all those mom's you know a Hug!    Happy Mother's Day!
wabbit101

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 05:35:22 pm »

Loved reading all the reviews.

Prayers for Andy
CowgirlDee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 09:07:16 am »

Oh greatLakesKay those MothersDay cards are just wonderful! OH my gosh thank U for sharing that!  SugarPlum thank ya too!  YES my dad is STILL saying wow I was that close to ALan and etc.... his Grandaughter was so excited.. she was like SO Grandpa wheres your hat I hear Alan signed;)   I got my pics printed out!  They are GOOD!  my computer at home is SO slow.. I will TRY to perhaps get some on here some how?! I have a pic of JoshTurner and my dad is there taking his pic.. ahhh it was cute.... then I did some memory books as well! THey turned out great!  Take care ya'll!!!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 11:20:02 am »

Hi  Thank you for all the wonderful reviews. I am happy everyone had a great time.   Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 03:11:41 pm »

GreatLakesKayaker ,

I need that tissue now! Such a wonderful review and your way of showing exactly feelings and things done at the Concert was so touching to read. You are an angel to do that for "Andy" You touched so many peoples lives that night and that
brings you Joy that brings tears. I'm sure Alan's  Song" WWY" was touching for you. I remember my first time to hear it at a Concert, I literally cried and could not stop... That is why My Sig reads as it does.

Your review is filled with Joy and love and Thanks for such a uplifting review for the Spirits! Alan's Fans are great people
and You my dear, are no exception.

You shall never forget this night and your husband sounds like a wonderful husband like mine! I think we should keep them!

So glad you got your Poster signed and the Hat for "Andy" who will be in our prayers for sure.
Thanks so much  for a great touching review! Perhaps you should send it in to Cindy to go in the Newletter..w/Photo.

God Bless, Jerrie-FL & MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: