Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 11:59:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard Hat & a Hammer- Radio Adds  (Read 94171 times)
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2010, 05:09:40 pm »

AJTexasfan  Thank you very much for answering so fast.   Take Care  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2010, 06:53:28 pm »

Harriet  I am so happy to hear that..     Harriet would know why I am the only one that  has an envelope Under my small picture ?     It has been there a long time.    Sorry to be a pest.   Take Care   nelle   HUGS

Nelle I see an envelope under mine but not under yours. It must have something to do with e-mail.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:58 pm »

Tonight on Atlanta's Kicks Counrty Hard Hat & A Hammer is the 8th most requested song of the day on the Top 8 at 8.

Here is this past week's Mediabase MostAdded Chart. From All About Country:

The Mediabase Most-Added

Billy Currington/Pretty Good At Drinkin' Beer (36)
Keith Urban/I'm In (32)<>/li>
Frankie Ballard/Tell Me You Get Lonely (15)
James Wesley/Real (15)
Trace Adkins/This Ain't No Love Song (13)
Alan Jackson/Hard Hat And a Hammer (12)
Zac Brown Band/Free (12)
Lady Antebellum/Our Kind Of Love (11)
Montgomery Gentry/While You're Still Young (11)
Blake Shelton/All About Tonight (9)
Josh Turner/All Over Me (9)
Rodney Atkins/Farmer's Daughter (Cool
Chuck Wicks/Hold That Thought (7)
Darryl Worley/Keep The Change (7)
Easton Corbin/Roll With It (7)
Jennett McCurdy/Not That Far Away (7)
Little Big Town/Little White Church (7)
Carrie Underwood/Undo It (6)
Gary Allan/Get Off On The Pain (6)
Jake Owen/Tell Me (6)
Lee Brice/Love Like Crazy (6)
The Band Perry/If I Die Young (6)

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2010, 04:40:16 pm »

Harriet   Thank you for your answer that it must have something to do with e-mail.  Thank you also for your update. 
Take Care   nelle     HUGS

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Grandmachelle

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 09:05:23 pm »

I have been calling a couple of country stations about Hard Hat and a Hammer. One is playing it.

The other said something about computers being in charge and if he tried to load a song that wasn't programmed, it would kick it out. Another comment about demographics, and I get the impression that young fans tend to call the stations more often, their voices are being heard, and frankly, a lot of stuff is being played that doesn't come near to what I have heard on the Freight Train album. What can we do? I am just one person in my town.

WKOA in Lafayette, Ind. is the station that didn't play his first single from the new album and now is not playing the second single. The DJ told me they will play it if it get on the top 40 even if it was dumped in their "trash it or smash it" call in where people judge the new singles. I wasn't aware Alan's new singles had been trashed, so I don't know if this comment was even relevant.

WKII in Kokomo, Ind., is playing his stuff, always has. Even played Like Red on a Rose because they were smart.
Anyone have any suggestions on what's a fan to do other than buy the album and go to concerts?
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 01:05:17 pm »

Just turned on the radio in Atlanta & Hard Hat & a Hammer was playing. Made me smile.

Very Good News- it is up from 35 to 31 on Mediabase- that's a big jump. Now maybe more stations will play it.

Grandmachelle ,my suggestion has always been that we call each radio staion once a day & request Alan's current single. If you have an e-mail link request it that way. Never heard of 'trash it or smash it' but don't pretend to understand radio- just try to maintain good relationship with them.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 02:10:19 pm »

Harriet  I am so happy to hear that..     Harriet would know why I am the only one that  has an envelope Under my small picture ?     It has been there a long time.    Sorry to be a pest.   Take Care   nelle   HUGS

Nelle, thank you for bringing up here your very keen observation. I never paid much attention to it making assumptions without looking that everyone here. . .who filled in their email address in the members' registration form to this forum. . .have those envelop icons under their avatar and can be seen by all registered members after logging-in. The purpose of it, at least from other forums, is so that logged-in members will have a second option in making contact with other members/posters, the first of which is by PM (personal messaging). I played around with it and, Lo! and behold!, I discovered that I can automatically email myself using my email address from that very same email address account. Oooops! I think this forum's webmaster may have goofed. Unless the intent is for the email senders to put in the address of the recipient themselves, which is impossible with those we don't have the email  address for, this is absolutely useless to all of us posters here.

Harriet, thanks for keeping us updated here. Hope your shoulder is better soon so you'll feel well soon too.

BHR

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 02:37:25 pm »

I have been calling a couple of country stations about Hard Hat and a Hammer. One is playing it.

The other said something about computers being in charge and if he tried to load a song that wasn't programmed, it would kick it out.

Grandmachelle, that is the lamest excuse I've heard and a complete hogwash! How the heck do they think new songs they play on their radio station are added on their playlist? So, program it in on the computer, I would have said. Their response should have been that they'll consider adding it in on their playlist and for you to just keep on listening to their station. I would have accepted that and said thank you for at least giving it a consideration. This is another reason I'm finding it harder and harder to listen to the radio anymore. You have expressed most of it on your post. I do still enjoy listening to country music but not the pop rockish ones that are being labeled country music. Thanks for sharing with us your experiences with calling  the radio stations.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 10:40:41 pm »

Nelle and Harriet they told me when I asked about the envelope under our photo,  that we each have one, but nobody sees it but  us.

I thought others could get my email address, since the public reads this. They said no.. When signed on, is the only time it's visable to each of us..

I do have a link under my profile which they say in the Rules is ok. It's an oldie I love, from the past..ole waylon , I think.

((My older Sister and I were talking about the show on TV the other night with  Ronnie & Kix and she told me when she was dating her husband, they saw Dottie West.at Nashville. I love her voice..I have an old VHS I want to turn into a CD to play her.. It' also has Dolly Pardon on it singing "Islands in the Stream " with Kenny Rogers , I think.. others I liked back when.. She wrote that great Love Song.."I will always love you." she lives a pretty normal life in Nashville area, and is in incognito. ha!))
Today when I called my favorite station in Request time, the lady said "I'll try and get that one on for you", but when
it played, it was an older one of Alan's. So tonight I want into the station website and air personality Craiger played it Yea!
It sounds good too! this was on Gator Country 8PM.. BHR, I wrote into the site when they were voting for an awards show, I asked them how could it be fair to have traditional music , competeing with Pop.. without having different catagories to vote for,.They told me in a nice letter, they would consider my idea..not sure it's true. I think politics enters these too.
Also vote for duo in Country and duo in pop , not mix them to vote.. same with country singer. Pop singer.. They could do it , if they tried..I love some of the new music , the sound.. But Alan is my favorite Country Male Artsit. that's another thing, why not have Country male singer & female  voted separate. They wrote me a very nice lettter back..
night all,  Jerrie
PS- I can only see your PM, which doesn't show your email address. also maybe your profile, so I don't put anything much
on my profile, as anyone can read it  online.. Never put your real name , just your posting screenname-nelle.... no last name etc..

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:53:05 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2010, 11:13:17 am »

Thank you Harriet, BHR, AJTexas and JERI for answering my envelope question. I thought I did something wrong and my pink slip that I was fired was in there. HA ha.  Jeri I took your advice and I made my E-mail address private.  I put it there if someone like you wanted to reach me. I have to remember anyone can come on this board and read everything, just not post.  Thank you very much Jeri.  To me you all are such great friends.  Take Care and have a nice weekend all of you.
         nelle

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2010, 08:42:07 pm »

Hi AJ Fans!

Love this Video of Alan I found that I had sent byo Email to my Sister. I had forgotten about it. Alan was in a Jovial mood
and the Guys in the band were looking good. It's an older appearance but I love it.. Take a look for yourself, Hope it works

http://www.alanjackson.com/news.html?n_id=1590

Jean/B in Belgium, You can hear it here , I hope! Sorry you and your wife can't see Alan this year..This may help!
This was fixed to send to friends, so it must be ok to show here. I just love this Song!!!!

ENJOY!
Jerrie-MS-FL

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2010, 07:14:26 pm »

Hard Hat & a Hammer is up to #30 on Mediabase.It has been down for a couple of days because they were moving their headquarters from LA to Texas. Since it has come back up Alan's song has gained 110 spins. Now that is Good News..

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2010, 10:37:22 pm »

Great Harriet!

Thanks for letting us know.. I was so overjoyed when my local DJ played it on PM and I was thinking why did this song come in at 200 to start voting & others seem to come in at a much lower number, there has to be a reason. I simply do not understand radio period. However this said, I still ask why do the local radio stations have REQUEST and then not play the Songs Requested. I do believe a bit of politics goes into this somewhere. I was told in Email by someone from the bigger TV Shows , That some record corps. have to be paid by the stations, for their music to be played and the stations play the Singers Songs, that they do not have to pay for.The stations should not have to pay, to play anyone's music. This seems wrong to me.Maybe it's in the contracts w/record companys now. Anyway I'm no brain surgeon and I'm sure lost with this one.
Now that Alan's Songs has been played a couple of times, it no longer is playing  but some Singers go right to the top;
regardless of the voting. George Strait for one. His always goes up fast.. AS for Quality of Music, I think Alan Jackson can compete with the best of them. Many voters are Teens or young people, who do not know what  real Country Music is..
What Adult wants to listen to Teens music all day long.. Teens are in school, so they are not listening. They have their Ipod loaded with their favorites anyway..This is what is hurting Radio, nothing else. They overplay some Songs..

I have a good relationship with my local station, I think. They recognize my voice when I call in a request LOL. One says"I
will play that new Alan Jackson one for you tonight, so be listening." He did too!! He is great the whole station does so much for our city in Jax.. Alan needs more Fans call in from Jacksonville , however..I think if they think their REQUESTwill not be played, why bother.This is not a huge station but it really is the most popular one here. So Jacksonville Fans call in those REQUESTS to help Alan out..hopefully..
Those Singers who drop by the Station at 999GatorCountry( wgne) seem to get more airplay.. They really like Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Reba, and anyone who has dropped in to say hello to them, or call in to talk with them. hint hint alan
Love my favorite Station Gator Country!! all the  Air personalities are Great! They do great work for our City, My husband's Corp. is one of their sponsers, but I haven't told them  that..or they used to be , haven't checked lately..

Harriet I will keep on Requesting , Dizzy, help me out here ha! I hope to see Alan's go up faster and there are so many great Songs now..it is hard. I really like Alan's "Hard Hat And A Hammer." There has to be someone who identifies with this song..I know I do..and the DJ's work" shift work," so they should , right? That's why they call it the "Grave Shift" because they play day & night and end up so tired and worn out. Anyone identify with this? or know someone who does?, I think most people do or they know someone that does.Or THEY themselves, have once done hard work..So many men who call in the station, are  people that work on the roads or just plain hard working men. reminds me of Alan's "Little Man" some do.
Let's keep Requesting and try..I do it because I love the Song and Alan as a Fan, but it's really a good Song.All of his are!
I listen to the "Long Hair" Music also but I still love Contry! And Alan Is True Country!
Harriet thanks for all you do  to get Alan's Music out to us, the ratings etc..

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2010, 11:01:51 pm »

Jeri Kix Brooks played him on the countdown and praise it for being a  good song.

He is played WWYWTWST he was playing it as the number 1 song for the holiday..I thought that was really
good ..It is such a good song...Jeri I  think Alan gets about 9cents a  song when it is played because he
 is the writer ...And that a good thing..One dj said he could go to his mail box everyday a have a good
 paycheck waiting ..Well I don't really know if that is the truth but I have seen how they split there money
somebody showed  how they split the pie...like the producer ,,label..Alan the writer and etc...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2010, 10:30:31 am »

Jeri Kix Brooks played him on the countdown and praise it for being a  good song.

He is played WWYWTWST he was playing it as the number 1 song for the holiday..I thought that was really
good ..It is such a good song...Jeri I  think Alan gets about 9cents a  song when it is played because he
 is the writer ...And that a good thing..One dj said he could go to his mail box everyday a have a good
 paycheck waiting ..Well I don't really know if that is the truth but I have seen how they split there money
somebody showed  how they split the pie...like the producer ,,label..Alan the writer and etc...

Good for Kix.

And glad WWY was played as th #1 song.

Great news- Hard Hat & a ahammer is up 3 notches to #27 on Mediabase this morning.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: