Alan Jackson
March 29, 2024, 01:58:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AJ: 2018 SONGWRITERS HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE  (Read 4784 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:58:50 pm »

CONGRATS, ALAN! You are, no doubt, very well deserving of this honor. And what an honor it is to be inducted in this Hall Of Fame along with Bill Anderson. Keep your great music coming!

As posted at the homepage, Alan is one of the inductees at the Songwriters Hall Of Fame this year. I'm so happy for him FINALLY receiving this honor. I'm still miffed at them choosing Garth Brooks over Alan when they inducted him in 2011. According to the article, to qualify to be inducted at the Songwriters Hall Of Fame a songwriter must be a published songwriter for 20 years with a notable catalog of hit songs. GB may have had a catalog of hit songs, but, he definitely did not write his own songs and at that time have only co-wrote a couple that I'm aware of. Further more, he was not even in the business for the full 20 years required. He retired in 2000 after having been in the industry for 10 years, so just how did he qualify then? You all figure it out.

https://musicrow.com/2018/02/alan-jackson-bill-anderson-steve-dorff-headed-to-songwriters-hall-of-fame/
http://tasteofcountry.com/alan-jackson-bill-anderson-songwriter-hall-of-fame-induction/

CONGRATS, again, ALAN!!!!!

BHR

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:19:57 am »

HI BHR,

Not sure if you remember me.  I used to be on here frequently, but life gets busy.  Alan, sure does deserve this award.  He is an awesome songwriter.  I do agree with you about Garth. How did he ever get this award before Alan.  Never been a big fan of Garth. Don't mind a few songs he has done, but he is not Alan.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:30:08 pm »

Hey, there, AnitaM, yes, I do remember you very well. Glad to see you posting here again. Yea, it's really a shame that they found Garth deserving of getting inducted at any of the three Hall Of Fame he was inducted in (Songwriters, Nashville Songwriters and Country Music). I have a feeling that money played a big part on it. Thanks for agreeing with me. Come back and visit us here again. Take care.

GO, ALAN!

BHR

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:47:44 pm »

congrats  to alan

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 07:51:18 pm »

BHR, Thank you so much for your post.    I am also still burned re: 2011. GB is a promoter.

Alan is the greatest country songwriter and artist in our lifetime.
We are all so grateful for having known him, enjoyed his music and personality for so many years.

Keep them coming Alan.    Congratulations.   We are so proud.

Marian

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 02:15:43 pm »

Congrats Alan for your being Inducted in the" 2019 Songwriters Hall Of Fame""
YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frankly I think this Honor should have been yours long ago. So Happy for You Alan as I Love Your Songwriting & your Voice!  Cool, It comes from life experiences that some of us have endured also. Your Voice is a Gift and You Sing All the Songs I Love, which mostly YOU write. CONGRATS & a Huge Hug! Keep on writing those Great Songs & Hope to see you in the near Future. God Bless You Alan , Jerrie (Hometown MS)
P.S.Also the Wonderful Strayhorns are Great! Kiss!

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 04:50:55 pm »

congrats to Alan

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: