Alan Jackson
March 28, 2024, 10:40:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Albuquerque Concert  (Read 3027 times)
miamired

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2016, 09:34:39 pm »

Throughly enjoyed this concert!  My first experience with a VIP ticket and very appreciative of the second row center seat.  Adding to this pleasure was the awesome scenery of the Sandia Mountains at this resort venue. LOVE the jacket that was included in the VIP swag, and yes, enjoyed a few cocktails in the VIP lounge.  Heavenly temps akin to Miami in January were HIGHLY enjoyed too!

A bit surprised that several of the songs were abbreviated from entirety.  In retrospect, I suppose that this being a trib concert to celebrating 25 years in his career, this is acceptable.

A few MINOR imperfections, which Alan handled flawlessly.  In BRIEFLY forgetting just a word or two, of his classic, "Remember When," he joked that his wife would be upset that he forgot those words.  Honestly, it meant NOTHING to his fans, including myself!

I was holding back the tears when he sang, "Drive" ( for daddy Gene.)  My dad was the inspiration for my daring to dream this VIP op.

The crowd was alit with fanship throughout the concert, and especially the last half.  This was especially noticeable when he sang, "Where Were You, When the World Stopped Turning."

Silly confession:  So I had a lil' sign that read, " I am here all the way from Florida to see you, please come here again!"  Despite fully intending to do so, became too bashful.  Thing is, I am really not shy, but around a music idol, I become totally insecure.  I think what contributed to my not feeling comfortable with my intention was thinking, I am second row center, easy, peasy with sign, and visibility.  However, numerous fans rushed to front of stage, thus, my "viability" to him was as though I was in 5th row or beyond, so I nixed the sign.   I did not want to hold the sign and obscure visibility to others.  Know what?  It is all good!  For about 15 minutes, was slightly ticked that my beloved seat was not the premium that I intended.  However, know in my heart that AJ fans are dedicated and excited, and understandably want to enjoy the vibe as much as possible.

Imho, a great concert is not limited to only the artists performance, but the reception of the audience as well. The audience at this concert was stellar with response.  You would think that AJ was performing that the Super Bowl type reactions!

Silly confession, part 2:  Ever silently speak to an artist at a concert to express your gratitude and fanship, and you
imagine this being so sincere that you are totally convinced the artist can hear your thoughts?  ( Giggles) Yep, did that too.

Blessings continue with my having the privilege to see AJ again in N.C.  Attending this concert with a dear cancer survivor friend, who is Amen, free of this dreaded disease.  Will I have the courage to produce another sign?  I dunno, but will be in an optimal standing area to do so.  What I do know is that I will be there to savor the moments of the experience.

In no way what so ever, do I want fans to fear that their VIP experience could be hastened with fans rushing the stage.  This was at this particular venue, and my pervious concert experience with him did not have this.  Again, in retrospect, this was not an entirely negative experience for me, and that it lent to an enjoyable concert vibe with fan enthusiasm.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:49:33 pm »

Miamired, thanks for the review. I had fun reading it. Happy to hear you enjoyed yourself at Alan's concert. You're very much deserving of it. From my own experience being at Alan's concerts, he attracts his fans with his honest and true to country music tradition approach in his shows that a lot of times translates into a certain degree of sentimentality to some of his fans, which is a rarity in today's new generation of country music artists. His dry sense of humor and wit is not too bad either. It's been a few years since my family and I have been to Alan's concert and sure would love to have the opportunity to be at his concert again. . .if he comes anywhere near where we live at, especially at his hometown of Newnan, GA.

Oh, yes, the sign. I appreciate knowing that you didn't actually hold up your sign at Alan's concert. I really do not have anything against it, but, you're right. For people who happened to be seated behind those holding up those signs, it's not pleasant having your view of the stage blocked by them. Many fans do it in hopes that Alan will see or take notice of their signs and signals for them to be brought on stage to show to everyone in the audience and, if lucky, he'll sign them too. Thank you for being  considerate of the people around you there. By the way, I do get nervous and speechless too around music artists I "idolize." Smiley

Great review. Thanks. . .again, for sharing.

BHR

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: