Alan Jackson
April 18, 2024, 01:04:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Overdue Hello  (Read 6162 times)
miamired

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I see so many familiar usernames, how nice.  Gosh, don't think I have been here for the better part of 2 years.  Basically, my life started to cease as I once knew it around then.. At first, gradually, then, seemingly all together.

My father started showing symptoms of confusion, which seemed to be periodic, then stared to escalate. Before I knew it, obvious need for assisted living facility.  My father was born with only one kidney, and was never a problem until about 2 years ago, when it was revealed that he was in stage 4 renal failure.

Family comes first, so I am not complaining that my life basically ceased as I knew it.  My dad needed me, and I needed to bring out my inner Scarlet O'Hara and metaphorically move some mountains to assure his care.

If no objections, I may do one blog about my experience one day, not with personal intentions, but rather in hopes that someone reading about my experience will benefit.  It was the most incredible journey of my life, I learned so much about the meaning of love, having the roles change to my feeling like the parent.  In being honest, won't sugar coat this entire experience, it was also the most challenging experience of my life having to deal with a suffocating among of paperwork and manage his affairs, and mine, and work full time.  Anyone who acts like they are sailing through this easily, either has an assistant or lying.

Sadly my father passed away on March 14th.  Just beginning to heal, and re-learn normal, what ever the heck normal is.

Truly feel the need to get away, something out of my big town of Miami, something with more nature without palm trees.  LOl, enough of the palm trees already!  Think I came up with the perfect solution.  Treating myself to attending AJ's Albuquerque, NM concert, Sept. 30  NEVER thought that I would do this, but unless I am dreaming, bought a VIP ticket, the very pricey one.

Wish me luck, this should be interesting and fun.  Lol, that part of NM is 5,000 feet above sea level, where people live, etc., and much higher in other areas.  This baffles us in South Fl., so if you hear that some redheaded tourist attending AJ's concert is walking around with implied Gomer Pyle, "Well Golly" look on her face, yep, that's me. Grin
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 09:33:52 pm »

Lol, can see this post went over like a fart in church.  ( Humor intended, not trying to be tacky.)
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 02:46:24 pm »

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There! Cool

I remember You and I am so sorry for your recent loss.I can identify. Alan's wife just lost her Mom also,,,,,,,
 I lost my Mom a while back and I know it is not easy..

I still cry for her, after years at times. She died in my arms, while in assisted living. We had a long drive to MS from FL, but we embraced all the special times we had with her. Laughter & Tears.She was a GREAT Mother,,,,,I had time to tell her and it was a great memory for me.

The Best part came when we were visiting my mother( Hubby is retired now) and we were lucky enough to
get or I was, a Meet & Greet with Alan in Tupelo, MS. A short drive from Mom's .(Lucky we had our Laptop computer with us to get the Meet and Greet)  we got the notice and had to check the Building etc..Date etc

It was such a sad time for me, as Mom was very ill, but seeing Alan and the Strayhorns really made me feel so much Love and he IS the real deal. I wish Alan knew how much seeing him at this particular time, meant so much to me. I hugged him from the side, as we had our Photo taken. Being an older woman I embraced him and joked with him by saying"Do You realize I drove 12 hours to meet you" LOL It was my honor and I was Blessed by seeing Alan! He will Forever be my Favorite Country Singer!!!!! Love Him!

We took My Sister & Brother In Law with us Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!! My sister begged me to take her with me
up on stage to go see Alan, but I could not, sorry to say.She said to me"I Used to live in Fayetteville near his Mother, where lots of former FAA retirees lived." LOL I said "sorry Sis, but It is only for me."She enjoyed the Concert so Much and drooled over Alan's music & sitting so close to him...3rd row, I think, right in middle! LOL!

I walked up on Stage to Alan's manager & he directed me where to go etc..I was almost last, so I seemed to get more time w/Alan ..I didn't say all the things to Alan I had planned, but I could not think.... ha! He is so REAL...I wanted to tell him how I LOVED his Songs, His Voice and all that he has contributed to Country Music! I lost it,,, and we just talked..I never told Alan my Mom was near death, in MS, but it happened a few Days after I saw Alan. It really helped me to heal and I will forever be grateful to Alan for this Meet & Greet...
I only hope you feel the Love from Alan & it will help your healing process. He towered over me & so Nice Cool

God Bless You and I think you made a wise choice, to see Alan & His Strayhorns!!! I also said hello! to Roger in the hall as Alan stood waiting for the M&G!!!!!!!!!!!! Monty is Great too! Love the Band!
Enjoy and God Bless You concerning your loss. I shall say a Prayer for You,( BTW My Mom lived to be 90!!!)

Take care & let us know how your seeing Alan goes, OK? Jerrie (HomeTown MS)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:18:51 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:20:29 pm »

Nice to hear from you.  Music can be healing, esp. a live concert.  Not that long ago, had the honor of seeing Alan for the first time live, when he played in Ft. Myers area.

Long story short, with above, a friend who was to meet me there could not, due to her child being ill and requiring her care.  2 tickets were a gift to me, and very grateful for such.  I decided to try to give away my extra ticket, in gratitude for having received them, knowing there are so many AJ fans.

When I checked into hotel, I advised the desk clerk of this, and gave first crack to their staff.  Sigh, not much notice with my arriving early afternoon and concert being that night.  In a happily ever after way, the clerk immediately knew a staff member that would be interested.

Logistics were that I wanted to arrive to this concert early, and would have to meet this person there, to provide ticket, when she arrived.  Normally, and understandably, a risky thing meeting a stranger.  Certainly, the hotel staff had my drivers license info, credit card #, etc., and could make a VERY reasonable determination that my middle aged self was hardly the profile of a threat.

Such an amazing experience gifting this ticket!  Come to find out that employee accepting had undergone some very hard times being a single mother and as such, made many sacrifices along the way.  Being able to attend any concert was a no can do.  She hugged me, we both had mutual shivers over the concert.

There is something special about gifting another and not expecting anything in return.  I was sustained beyond measure in the good feeling, right down to my soul about the "inner" reward that I was bestowed.

Sigh, according to FAQ's on my Sept. 30th event, AJ will not be present. As much as I would like this, perhaps better that I would sound like a babbling fool meeting him.  I am not shy, but get so darn starstruck with my faves.  Few exceptions, have met Vince Gill several times, and feel comfortable  around him.  Have met Martina McBride several times, but her beauty intimidates the heck out of me.  Lol, my insecurities and not due to artists.

From FAQ's on my concert in NM.

Q: Will Alan be present during the On-Stage Photo Opportunity?
A: Alan will not be present for any portion of the VIP program.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 06:23:11 pm »

HELLO!!!!!!!!! ALAN IS WORLDWIDE KNOWN NOW BUT HE STILL VALUES HIS FANS...
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE, LOVED IT!

Perhaps You should write  Cindy or one of thE Staff on here. I hardly think Alan would have a Concert in NM
and not be present himself.....My advice -Find out more before going.

Perhaps they meant Alan would have no Meet & Greet there only.
Cheer up! I'm sure You will see Alan in Concert. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!! Cool
P.S.
A CONCERT IS A GREAT GIFT, VIP OR NOT!DO NOT BE AFRAID OF MEETING ALAN, HE IS SO REAL , SAVVY
AND HUMBLE. TREATS HIS FANS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! ENJOY YOUR VIP!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley
HUGS, JERRIE (HOMETOWN MS)

FOR QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE; THE STAFF ADDRESS IS -   [email protected]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:11:14 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 03:55:44 am »

I'm another long overdue helloer! 
MiamiRed glad you got to go on your adventure.  Sorry to hear of your father's passing. 

Jerri, you are AJ biggest fan, however, I think that if he loves his fans so much he should be there for them when they buy special tickets.  I've said before, Josh Turner really shows his care for his fans as far as being there for them at fan parties etc.  He may have better management.  I love Alan's music, his looks, talent, the whole package, but he is so shy, he lets others manage him.  Or something.  Oh well, I understand why some fans get put off with that! 
Saw him in Greenville the last time he was here and had pit tickets.  He always comes up to me when he signs autographs etc., but this ole' lady can't be in the pit any longer!!  Thank goodness one of the fans and I were able to seat down in the fc sec. 
All I can say is I have had some wonderful experiences in the last 15 years meeting fans, friends and seeing the"tall blonde guy".   

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:56:48 am »

Sharon,

I am with you.  It would be nice to have fan club parites again.  I also do not like the  PIT set up - I would rather go back to the GOOD TIMES when you had reserved seats,  AS us older people start having health issues that makes it hard to stand on our feet for the 3 hour + shows.   Miss going to the shows and hanging with the old gang, sad we have lost a few in the past year.  However,  I will always cherish  all the fun and memories from those past concerts.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 02:57:55 pm »

Sharon,

I am with you.  It would be nice to have fan club parites again.  I also do not like the  PIT set up - I would rather go back to the GOOD TIMES when you had reserved seats,  AS us older people start having health issues that makes it hard to stand on our feet for the 3 hour + shows.   Miss going to the shows and hanging with the old gang, sad we have lost a few in the past year.  However,  I will always cherish  all the fun and memories from those past concerts.
Louann Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so Great to see another Fan post that we have met!
I saw you & your friend at several Concerts w/my husband too! I have so many photos of You w/Sue and others. It's Great to see you Posting. I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, so seeing you post here is GREAT!
You were always so nice to me, my husband doesn't talk much, so do not think he is a biggot. He just takes me to Concerts & I am lucky he does, as he isn't Country himself. He actually is a Great Husband and
we have been married for 50 years soon!!!!!!!!!! It's been GREAT to see You at Alan's Concerts. The last we went to was "George Jones Birthday", it was Great! So sad to lose George later, also Jimmy Dickens, and recently Merle Haggard. I know Alan was sad..I am sadden also as a Fan to lose Dean, Mazzie,Terry. We
just had my photo made with them @ The Opry, not long before Dean died..They were Great Fans.

You take care & hope to meet up with You @ a Alan Jackson Concert soon. We have had health issues recently. but we will see Alan when we can. Take care, Jerrie(HomeTown- MS)

It's Jerrie Hi!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: