Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 04:12:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: December Thread  (Read 82194 times)
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 09:56:58 am »

BHR what an adventure you had for Thanksgiving!!  Glad to hear everything is working out.

Jean, sorry to hear you are sick again - hope you get well soon.

Anita, I got tired just reading your post!!! This month we just have Christmas, my birthday and a good friend's birthday (we have been friends since first grade!)   

We are supposed to get snow tomorrow - quite a rarity for us!!

Stay safe and warm everyone!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 03:02:57 pm »

AJTexasfanI hope you stay warm, dry and well  too.

Harriet  Just put one foot in front of the other THERE YOU GO. I know just how you feel sometimes it feels like you go one step forward and two steps backwards. The main thing is to stay well, we can only do what we can do. HUGS

Elaine I hope it not to cold now that you have to go shopping.  I hope you are well and that Kelsey and Jess are fine too.

JeanB i am sorry to hear that you have a cough. Please take care of yourself so that you don't get worse.

Anita HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all those having one this month.  Stay well and enjoy.

January HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all those in your family having a BIRTHDAY this month. Enjoy the OAK RIDGE BOYS.

BHR Thank you for being concerned about my falls.  I am glad things are better for you but, I still feel sorry that it happened.     Take Care all AJ great fans.    HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL        nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 03:58:12 pm »

Anita I am still waiting for my newsletter.
Tammy good to have you back posting.
BHR what a thanksgiving you had.One summer
while we were on holidays our humidifer acted
up and the basment rug got soaked.Good thing
our daughter came every second day to check on
the place. She called our insurance fellow and they
took care of it.When we got home they had fans
blowing under the rug for three days .it drove us
crazy.
Gwen do you get your newletter in a envelope?
Martha and I did.
Jean sorry to hear you have another cough.
AJTexas I can guess you would have a lot of
accidents when you get snow.I wouldn't think
you have snow tires down there.
Nelle it is only 25 this morning.Teresa and Kelsey
are on Vancouver Island for the volley ball finals.
Jay couldn't go so Jess is home with him.I will have
them over for dinner over the weekend.
Elaine

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 04:27:28 pm »

Elaine, my newsletter came in an envelope.  I hope you get yours in the next few days.  It does seem like it took a long time.  It is going down to 1 celcius here tonight.  It sure feels like it is going to snow.  I think they are talking about Monday for us.  We can't complain.  Last year we had snow by the middle of November and it never went away.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 05:04:51 pm »

AJTexasFan - It is nice to see people still have friends from their grade schools.  I keep in touch with 5 from my grade one class.  We are busy usually through the year so we don't get together very often.  There is three of us from the six that do keep in touch quite a bit.  But we do get together once a year for a night out.   Also, I have a group of four girls that I see regularly from my high school.  We get together once a year with our husbands and go out for a nice dinner before Christmas and then go back to one of our homes for coffee/tea and dessert.  This year it was my turn.  We had that November 21st.  I brought out the Newlywed Game. We had alot of fun.

I don't know where you live in Texas.  But I liked it there when I visited there.  I used to work for a company here in Canada that had office/plants in California, Texas, Illinois (the head office) and Georgia. It was called Andrew Corporation.  The one in Texas was in Denton and I believe another one in Plano.  Once a year we would have a corporation baseball tournament with all the United States and Canada offices/plants.  Three times it was in Texas.  There was two girls that got to play on the team.  I tried out and got on the team.  It was a weekend event.  We would leave on a Friday morning and come back Sunday evening.  The trip was all paid for if you made the team.  If any other employees or spouses wanted to come they would have to pay.  Whatever entity hosted the tournament they would have to arrange for everyone the hotels, food arrangements and any activities for us.  We always had alot of fun.  I remember going to Southfork where the show Dallas was done.  We went downtown Dallas and my best memory was BillyBobs.  I loved it there.  One time I stayed a week longer with five other people and we stayed at someone's summer home along Crystal Beach I believe.  I am not sure where that is, but it was along the Gulf of Mexico.  We toured around Galveston.  Nothing much was open around there because of the time of year we were there.  It was late October.  I do remember hanging around a bar, I think we were the only ones in there, and the bartender was so nice to us.  Also, we had the tournaments in Chicago Illinois about four times. In Canada, once and in Georgia once.  The Georgia plant was in Newnan, Georgia.  That was the year I could not go because we were getting ready for our wedding in October.  But I remember talking to one of the guys from the Georgia team, because we would see mostly the same people every year, his sister went to school with one of Alan's sisters.  I am not sure which one.  The tournaments location was usually determined by who won it.  But because Denton or Chicago usually won it, everyone wanted to go to Canada and Georgia for a change.  We never did get to go to California.  It was a gret company to work for. I don't work there anymore due to the accounting dept in all the entities was moved to head office in Chicago.  They stopped this tournament about a year after I left, due to costs.  I hope one day I will get to go to Texas again.  I would like to see San Antoine.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 07:37:30 pm »

[bSnowy & cold today.  AND, we had a fire alarm at work & had to go outside for about a half an hour.  I definitely grabbed my coat before I left, but it was still cold just standing out there.  Nothing serious, but a big inconvenience on the first day of snow here.   It was a light snow most of the afternoon, but enough that I had to clean off my car when I went home.   Winter has arrived!][/b]

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 12:27:45 am »

Hi Elaine,

Yes I received my newletter Thursday the 3rd and it was in an envelope like it always is.  Anita got hers Wed, I got mine Thursday soooo who should get theirs on Friday?   ELAINE

Gwen...aka...ajthecatsmom
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:59 am »

It is Friday morning and I have the day off today, like every other Friday.  My husband just left for work and I couldn't sleep any longer.  It will be a day of running around Christmas shopping for my husband and get some baking done.  I hope everyone has a great day and we will talk to everyone soon.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 02:04:37 pm »

It is really snowing in Houston!!!  Elaine, no we do not have snow tires - we don't get enough when it snows and it doesn't stay around too long.  I have lived here just about all my life and I barely need two hands to count the number of times I have seen snow here.  Today is the earliest we have ever had snow.  Houston handles snow by shutting down!  Schools and businesses began sending everyone home around noon.  So far the roads are ok, but once the temperature drops some more it will get nasty out there, so we are staying home!  My grandchildren are hoping for enough snow to build a snowman.
Anita, sounds like you have seen quite a bit of Texas.  San Antonio is really pretty and a fun city if you ever get to go.
Glad to hear that everyone is finally getting their newsletters
Love the new AJ pictures ya'll are using in your signatures!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 02:51:06 pm »

I sure hope it doesn't keep coming east,,we haven't had snow  in a long time..The last time
                            I remember snwo here is in 1989..and it stayed on the ground  for a good while ...It happen
                            on Christmas and we had Ice and Snow very little traveling was done  for awhile. We are just
                             getting some cold weather today..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 03:08:20 pm »

Anita it was cold yesturday.It only got to -5.
Got up to a inch of snow this morning/Being cold
I think it is here to stay (YUK)Georgie(pup) loves it.
When my hubby retired we took a five month trip
across Canada and the U.S. We had a great time in
San Antoinio.I am glad we took that trip.We had planned
go to Alaska but kept putting it off.My hubby died in 2006.
Kathy how  much snow did you get there?
Gwen haven't gone for the mail so hope when I do it
is there.
AJTexas the kids always love the snow.Glad it doesn't
stay on the roads .
Better go and fold my cloths
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 04:18:46 pm »

Elaine   I'm sorry I didn't know about Teresa and Jay or I would have asked if they were fine too. Elaine my heart breaks and goes out to you since your husband died.  I am glad you had that five month trip, but I am sorry you missed going to Alaska.  Please don't fall on the snow or ice. HUGS and LOVE to You and your family.    Take Care    GOD BLESS    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 08:19:56 pm »

Elaine, I am sorry to hear about your husband.  I am glad you at least got to travel through Canada and the U.S.  There is so many nice places to see.  I have travelled alot to the Caribbean Islands.  But now we want to travel and see things not just lay in the sun.  We are planning to go to Holland next year.  I haven't been there since 1967. All my relatives on my mom and dad's side live there (62 cousins) except for one family(My dad's brothers family, which we have 4 cousins).   My sister went this year with her two daughters, 15 yrs & 11 years.  They had alot of fun.  There is suppose to be a family reunion on my dad's side, so we are waiting to here the date so we can plan our trip around it.  We will probably try to visit a few other countries while we are there.  Like Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Belgium and maybe Luxemberg.  Then hopefully we can go out west.  My husband has never been.  I have been to Edmonton, Jasper and Calgary, Alberta.  Also, went through quite a few cities in B.C.  I can't remember them all, but I do remember Hope, Vancouver and Victoria.  I love travelling.  I think when my husband and I retire, we like to travel through the States we haven't seen.

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 08:37:59 am »

Hello everybody,

January & Anita, happy birthday to your husbands.

AJTexasfan, have a nice birthday too later this month.

Anita, when you come to Europe i can guarantee you a wonderful trip. I visited several states in USA and Canada (BC & Alberta) and the nature there is magnificent! Europe is complete different.Of course there are the majestical Alpes in Austria, France, Germany and Switserland, but the cities are not comparable with the cities in North America. In Belgium we have medieval Brussels and Bruges that you have to see!!! The "Grande Place" of Brussels is wonderful in the late evening when lighted, sitting on a "terras" drinking one of our famous beers. A visit to the "Atomium" is great too. And don't forget the chocolats, hmmm! In France you can't travel without a visit to Paris ("tour Eifel, Versaille, Momartre,...) but Paris is very expensive. In Italy, Venice, Rome and Verona are more than worth a visit. And if you like classic music you have to go to Vienna and Salsburg in Austria. As you see ... a lot to visit!

My wife decorated the Christmas tree yesterday. I like the Christmas ambience! I'm still waiting on my newsletter.

Have a great weekend everybody and stay warm and dry.

Jean

/color]

Belgian#1 Fan
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 09:26:40 am »

Good Morning to all the AJ fans.  I got all my baking done for Christmas yesterday.  Another busy day today.  I have to make something for today.  I will probably make my Broccoli Rice casserole that everyone seems to love.  Also, spend some time with my husband.  He turns 47 years old today.  I tell him he is still a young puppy.  Wait until you hit 50.  His children, from a previous marriage are suppose to make a surprise visit today before we go to the family reunion.  They usually can't make it to that because the daughter, Samantha, who is 20 years old, lives about 6 hours away.  She lives with her mom.  His son, Adam, who is 25 years old, is in the military, not far from us, but he usually working.  He did have another daughter, Sarah, who would have been 28 years old.  She died when she was 20 years old of ovarian cancer.  We miss her dearly.  We usually leave for the family reunion around 2:00 so I better get a cracking on it and get off this computer.

Jean, thanks for your wishes and all the tips on Europe.  I will have to mark these places down.  Yes I do like some of the classical music.  We have gone to see Andre Rieu ( I believe you would know who he is) a few times.  I really enjoy his shows.  He is a comedian, but puts on a very nice show.  If you have any other places that you can think of for me to see, please let me know.  I know I have to visit some places in Holland, especially the graveside of the Canadian Soldiers, Amsterdam, the countryside and especially the Delta Works (dikes).  I here that is very impressive.

WeIll I got to go, I hope everyone has a great day.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: