Alan Jackson
May 02, 2024, 06:00:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers & Sympathy Go Out to Family RIP Mr. Ray Price  (Read 6683 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2013, 10:35:34 pm »

Please say Prayers for Singer Mr. Ray Price and his Wife Janie of Opry Fame, Nashville , TN
Mr. Price was in Housten, TX .He is suffering from Cancer and other serious issues. God Bless this man who has given us so much Great soft Music over the Years.
I used to call him the Frank Sinatra of Country Music! His style & and soft voice,,,
Let's Keep them in Our Prayers, Jeri from MS & FL
PS- I heard this on WSM BYO Mr. Eddie Stubbs, his Friend

- I just had to list some of his work on You Tube-I know some of you remember this soft spoken Singer...
"For The Good Times"- "Heartaches by The Number"- "Crazy Arms"-You're The Best Thing That Ever happened to Me."-"Make The World Go Away"-"I can't Help it if I'm still In Love with You.""How Great Thou Art"  on his Gospel Music.. I enjoyed the man's soft wonderful voice during an era of Great Music, the,60's 70's
He was on the Opry a Lot, back in the Day. So I'm dating myself lol I dearly loved his music. say prayers and
God Bless, Jeri
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:20:08 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:01:50 am »

Jeri, thanks for posting this. I had been trying to follow updates on his health condition hoping and praying for the best and a recovery for him. Ray Price is one of the best legendary country artist of all time. Continued thoughts and prayers for his recovery, his wife and family.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 10:44:05 am »

Jeri, thanks for posting this. I had been trying to follow updates on his health condition hoping and praying for the best and a recovery for him. Ray Price is one of the best legendary country artist of all time. Continued thoughts and prayers for his recovery, his wife and family.

BHR

Thanks BHR, He has gone through so much . God Bless him.

I told my older sister last night on the phone about him & to say a Prayer for Ray Price and his Family and she started to sing his, "For The Good Times" Strange how one never forgets a great Singer and the Music they have given us.
Keep the Prayers going for Family & esp his "Janie". WE used to watch the Opry on TV  every Satuday night in the Country of MS, Great times for Country Music!I saw Alan when he first started and he is now up there w/the Best In County Music! Love his Gospel- fun Songs and Love Songs too! Anything Alan Jackson!
Jerrie from MS & FL
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:21:46 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 04:44:05 pm »

Thanks for sharing this.  I remember Ray Price and his music also. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 03:58:15 pm »

So sorry to read this today.. God Bless his family. Ray Price was a great Singer.
Quote;.

UPDATE: Although Ray Price's son reported earlier today that his father had died, the statement was made in error. Rolling Stone spoke with Janie Price, Ray Price's wife of 45 years, and she says, "He is still with us," adding that Price's son released the statement of his passing prematurely. Price is currently surrounded by loved ones including a Pastor at home in Mount Pleasant, Texas. "It's been an honor to walk this road with him," Janie says of her husband. "It's a sad day. We are losing a great man."
Previously ...

Country singer Ray Price has died at the age of 87, CMT News reports. The Country Music Hall of Fame member, who was a prime hitmaker from the 1950s through the 1970s, died Sunday (Dec. 15 ) at his home in Mount Pleasant, Texas, following a battle with pancreatic cancer.

Price decided to end his treatments and retire to hospice care at his home earlier this week, Rolling Stone reports. The country crooner shared a farewell message with his fans, saying, "I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years and I hope I haven't let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I'm going to be just fine. Don't worry about me. I'll see you again one day."

Price's wife of 45 years, Janie, supported his decision to not pursue any further aggressive treatment for his cancer, explaining on Thursday (Dec. 12), "With God's blessing he has not had extreme pain. But it's with great sadness that I announce to you today that my beloved husband has entered the final stages of his cancer that he has battled for 25 months. Anyone who knows Ray is aware that he has strong convictions and great faith in God. It's his decision to leave the hospital and return home to spend his final days on his beloved ranch surrounded by the comfort of his home, family and friends."

Price was a close friend of the late Hank Williams and lived with the singer during the last year of Williams' life in Nashville. When Williams died in 1953 at the age of 29, Price began using his band, the Drifting Cowboys, before forming his own group, the Cherokee Cowboys. Over the years, the group was a revolving door of future stars including Roger Miller, Johnny Paycheck and Willie Nelson, who played bass in Price's band in the early 1960s.

Price is best known for his songs like, "Talk To Your Heart" (1952), "Crazy Arms" (1956), which featured the "Ray Price Shuffle," and "The Same Old Me" (1959). He also had three number one country music hits in the 1970s -- "I Won't Mention It Again," "She's Got To Be A Saint" and "You're the Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me."

"I just like what I've done and how it's worked out. It's been great. I haven't lost my voice, thank God for that," Price recently told Rolling Stone, adding that he just completed a new album. "I think it's one of the greatest things I've ever recorded. The whole CD is twelve fantastic great songs. When it starts, everyone claims you can't stop listening to it. Everyone goes back and starts it over. And that's a good sign."
UNQUOTE
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:28:08 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: