Alan Jackson
May 02, 2024, 11:10:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Happy Thanksgiving"  (Read 14526 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 01:58:13 pm »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! Hope you're all having a good one. WE'RE NOT!!!!!!! We're having an emergency in our apartment. . . .not the turkey kind. Apparently the clothes washer hot water hose of our neighbor above us ruptured and they have 3 inch of water in their apartment and lots of it leaked through our ceiling and all over the place including from our light fixtures. If that wasn't bad, they can't clean up the water mess from that apartment (ours too) until Monday so now, not only that we have to contend with the dripping water everywhere, we also have to watch our ceiling to make sure it doesn't collapse on us. . .we were told to poke a hole on it if it starts bulging.

All these happened as we were just about to start fixing our turkey dinner. I heard a noise coming from our laundry room, which is right by our kitchen. I had hubby checked it out and it was water leaking behind our washer. Then all of a sudden water came pouring from our living room ceiling and it went on from there. It's looking like we're going to have to go ahead and just head to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner. Well. . .geeee. . . .Happy Thanksgiving to us!

Enjoy the feast, everyone! Take care all. HUGS!

BHR

« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:06:10 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 02:48:31 pm »

OH NO!!!!!!   You poor thing.......it's certainly a Thanksgiving you will always remember!  I pray your ceiling
holds up until Monday.   Good luck!    At least enjoy your dinner out....Cracker Barrel?Huh??

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 07:59:30 pm »

I am sorry to hear about the mishap in your apartment.  You will just have to make the best of it.  I hope you can still enjoy your thanksgiving even though you will have to eat out.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

clovehay

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 03:24:05 pm »

Had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends. Hope everyone had a good one too. Saw all our kids and that doesn't happen to often. It was great.  Grin
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 10:47:13 pm »

BHR  Oh that is so terrible.  I feel so sorry for you.  I hope your ceiling stays okay until Monday. Please don't hurt yourself trying to clean up.  What a shame and what a mess and at the worst time. I hope you can enjoy going out to eat.   TAKE CARE  TO SUCH A NICE, NICE LADY.   HUGS       nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: