Alan Jackson
April 19, 2024, 02:40:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: August month  (Read 7998 times)
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:42:37 pm »

August is here, still hot weather.          Back to school time for a lot of people this month,, that time of year.          Weather here has been ok no heavy rain, just enough to water the ground.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:12:48 pm »

People that bought tickets to Thackerville  Ok   have you noticed on the tour page the change of the date to  march of next year.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 03:20:19 pm »

Happy August everybody ... i'm just back from summer holidays in Austria. The weather was beautiful and the mountains amazing!
Jerrie, Harriet, Sue, BHR, Beth, Elaine, and all AJ Fans ... i hope everything is  fine with you and yours.

Enjoy the rest of the week,
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 09:17:22 pm »

Happy August everybody ... i'm just back from summer holidays in Austria. The weather was beautiful and the mountains amazing!
Jerrie, Harriet, Sue, BHR, Beth, Elaine, and all AJ Fans ... i hope everything is  fine with you and yours.
Enjoy the rest of the week,
Jean

Jean/B Thanks for saying Hello! Your getting back from "Austria" sounds like Heaven..So glad You enjoyed
it all.The weather in Florida has been nice , HOT & RAIN a LOT!, not so much as it used to be, it seems. I'm still going for Asthma treatments, Thank God my husband is fine now.Jean/B, I hope You & Yours are fine!

I hope the rest of you Harriet, SUE, Beth, Dizzy, Elaine, Brenda and all Fans I've missed are well too. I haven't seen Jean/AZ on in a long time..I hope the sweet lady from NY is ok too. we need to keep the board posted, but a lot have gone to Facebook I guess. I have no accnt. w/them. I miss You Guys & Terry, Louann too! drop in and say hello sometimes! this mother hen worries hehe! Take care & Have a Happy August! , Jerrie from MS
P.S.-Remember, Alan's New BLUEGRASS Album will be OUT SOON -YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't wait!!!!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »

Ajarkansasfan, thanks for starting the August thread. It's been rainy and stormy lately here in the Metro Atlanta. YUK! We're traveling in couple of days to visit my hubby's Mom & dad and whoever else in his family will be there while we're there, so, hopefully the weather would cooperate and give us some sunny days for awhile.

JeanB, welcome back! Glad you had a wonderful time in Austria. Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing fine now (read my post from the July thread) and trying to stay that way.

Jeri, I received the PM you sent me. Sorry that I had not answered you back yet. I've been busy preparing for the travel I mentioned above and we had had a pest control inspection and treatment done in our apartment (it was messy and smelled awful; had to stay out of the house for many hours), among other things. Have mammogram appointment tomorrow so we postpone our travel until Tuesday. . .we're driving. I will PM you back when we get back from our travel, I promise and I thank you very much for your cares and concerns. I really appreciated it.

Harriet, if you're reading this, been thinking about you. Hope you're doing fine. Baseball's regular season is almost over and the Seattle Mariners is once again heading towards another losing season. I think I'll root for the Braves now. LOL! Seriously, though, hope they get back to the World Series Championship again. The way they're playing right now, it's almost a sure bet that they will.

Take care everyone and hello to all not been mentioned

BHR

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 11:01:28 pm »

Jeri  -ms  this is dizzy and I am doing fine just had a big birthday
                     but feeling fine ....you know Mazie had a operation 4yrs ago
                     and they made a mistake they snag her bile duct and
                      she was in hospital 2 months before they would let her out.
                      she has been able to go on trips with me but you doesn't feel
                      as well as she should  has some bad day but then I think we
                      all have bad days....we are planning on going to Nashville in October
                       to visit her neice...just thought I would let you know we are ok.   dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
chattahoochie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 05:42:38 pm »

:)Dizzy, Happy Belated Birthday!  Hope you had a beautiful day and that you also have many more birthdays!! Also, glad to hear that Mazie is doing fine.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 12:53:49 pm »

Jeri  -ms  this is dizzy and I am doing fine just had a big birthday
                     but feeling fine ....you know Mazie had a operation 4yrs ago
                      was in hospital 2 months  she has been able to go on trips with me but you doesn't feel
                      as well as she should  has some bad day but then I think we
                      all have bad days....we are planning on going to Nashville in October
                       to visit her neice...just thought I would let you know we are ok.   dizzy

Dizzy, I hope mazie feels better soon.So glad to hear you will be able to go to Nashville in October.
Like you two, we have good and bad days & haven't been home & Plan to when possible,My daughter stays at our house for us.We have lost so many family members, my sis & I feel alone, except we are blessed to still have our children.
So it's always something to be Thankful for! Thanks for letting me know you are ok, I appreciate it..I hope BHR , Harriet and those who have had health problems will be better soon.Be sure to listen to Alan's Songs on WSM, if you can't go.
I am anxious to hear his "BlueGrass" one, I know it will be great! Take care, all of you AJ Fans & try to enjoy! Thanks Dizzy, stay well now. You & Mazie..Jerrie 

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 06:56:19 am »

Hi Y'all!  Thought I better poke my head in and let you know I'm still around.

Didn't listen to WSM last night, so hoping to hear some of AJ's new songs.

We have had a summer of rain.  Now it is cooler than usual for SC.  Oh well. 

Jean, glad you had a nice vacation in Austria.  How's the bicycling going? 

Our bowling league starts back next month.  I need the exercise, but not sure whether I will be bowling this season.  I go for a meeting tomorrow night.

Not much else is new.  Miss the message board's popularity.  Wonder why so many people stopped posting?

Y'all have a great Wednesday!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 01:01:34 pm »

I have the same feeling.  I used to be able to tune in here and get lots of news and respond to much of it.  Now there's almost no one posting. 

Alan did not desert us.  He is simply busy but we can gather the news for the rest of us.  I don't know most of you but those who were sick - I hope you have recovered by now.  I fell asleep last night and missed the Bluegrass show but love to hear about all the news you collect because I don't find a whole lot of it.

Thanks for posting - those who do.

Alanfan

P.S.  I'm waiting and waiting willingly for Alan to return to The Palace of Auburn Hills.  I know it will be a long time but if I'm the only fan, I am willing to wait because I need and elevator.  He is worth the wait and I still have some free tickets coming.  I would gladly pay to see him another and another time.
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 03:34:28 pm »

Don't know if a lot have turned to facebook and quit posting here.          But its nice to say hello and let people know we are still around on here.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: