Alan Jackson
May 20, 2024, 05:53:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GAC and RFD TV Broadcasting George Jones Funeral  (Read 9022 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2013, 07:22:32 am »

http://blog.gactv.com/blog/2013/04/30/gac-will-broadcast-george-jones-funeral-live-from-the-grand-ole-opry-house/?soc=social_20130501_7601694
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 01:13:20 pm »

Thanks Beth,
My Condolences to "Nancy and Family. As I watched the funeral today , it seemed unreal that George Jones is Gone.
To his eternal Home  to be w/God. One could see the grieving and hurt in so many people's eyes. The service was
done so beautifully. I loved what each one said about"George", especailly Mrs. Bush and His Pastor.Also Gov Huckabee.

All the while I noted the pain in "Nancy's eyes. I loved Alan Jackson singing George's Song in Tribute.A Legend is gone
but his music will live on. a Good Man who loved his Family and God.Nancy may God give you " that Peace that Passeth all understanding" KJV and your Family. Just a Beautiful Service to be shared with his Fans and we Thank You.

Mr Stubbs did a great Honor to speak and honor George , and all the others who participated in the Great Service.
I will never forget George Jones, he was in my life of My Country Mississippi Upbringing. God Bless You George Jones,
In Chirst w/Love, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:47:37 pm »

Got to watch most of the George Jones Funeral but missed Alan's part as we had to go somewhere. I heard that Alan performed at the end. George Jones was a legend & will be sorely missed. I loved his music. One of my fave songs is The Race is On & here we are about to have The Kentucky Derby.

RIP George. Your wonderful songs will live forever.

IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:06:16 pm »

The entire event was televised LIVE on all Nashville TV stations.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 06:10:50 am »

For Those of You who missed the Funeral on TV here. I respectfully share this Short clip for his Many Fans to see.
The first part is his Birthday , we actually attended and we enjoyed seeing "George" so much w/Alan.
It was such a Beautiful Service. I actually missed the first part, as our TV repair man was here and I could not wait for him to finish his work. Thank God Alan was on Later. Alan did the whole song & He tipped his hat & held it over his Heart.

http://nashvillecountryclub.com/CountryMusicVideos/100113/George+Jones+Funeral+at+the+Grand+Ole+Opry

God Bless "Nancy" and Family as They go through this time of grief. Jerrie from MS

« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 06:34:11 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: