Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 07:45:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing show and M&G!! 11/17/12  (Read 5939 times)
lynseyklly

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:39:33 pm »

I know I won't do the night justice in my words, but I saw Alan Saturday in KY with my mom.  I'm 30 and have been a fan of AJ since I was about 10 years old.  He has always been my #1, his songs mean so much to me and he is such an amazing person, he is one of my heroes.  I was thrilled when I heard he was returning to KY (saw him there a couple years back), so this time I joined the fan club (how on earth it took me this long is a mystery).  I bought tickets the minute they went on presale and signed up for the M&G and front row giveaways, having no clue what the likelihood of winning would be.

Well a week before I got the amazing email that I was meeting Alan!!  I screamed and ran around the house (alone, lol).  AND you get to bring a guest?!! Hardly any artists allow this, but it was so perfect that my mom could go back with me. I would say Alan is sort of a staple in our family, so she was equally excited. 

I was a bit nervous about the seats, just the not knowing where they would be and sometimes mom gets anxiety in crowds.  When we got to the arena and I picked up my tickets I saw we were 2nd row!!! seats 15,16 so I wanted to run down to the seats and see if we were closer to center or the end...and we were only a few seats in from center stage!!  Mom kept saying "how did you get these seats!!".  LOL  The M&G was at 7:45p, and we made sure to find out where and then be super early.  I was a little bummed to miss Jana Kramer, I really like her. 

We stayed near the back of the line so as to have as much time near him as possible.  They took us all back and lined us up, and we got to see Jana as she left the stage.  I think they started a little after 8.  I just tried to keep breathing, I couldn't hardly look at Alan I was so nervous, then I saw other women coming out balling their eyes out lol, I had to look away from them too!  Mom went first, got her picture and then asked if we could get one together, so we did that, then I got another by myself.  THAT was really nice of them to let us do.  I also snuck a CD cover to him and asked to sign, I know he signs from stage often, but I didn't want to have to be worrying about it the whole concert.  I doubt I said anything sensical to the man, but I died when he told me to have a Good Time!!   And OMG I am always surprised when people look even better in person, he is so sexy! 

I was shaking so bad as I left the tent I was trying to get the cap back on my marker and missed getting the signed 8x10 with the picture instructions.  My mom asked where it was, I was like oh crap!  I went back up to the lady and had to fight my case for 5 minutes before she believed that I really walked past her without getting one, geez!

I was floating on air as we left the M&G, and there was still a whole show to watch!!  It was Amazing, he has so many songs, I enjoy how he does as many as he can even though I would like to hear all of certain ones he cuts short (Blues Man for sure, mom wanted all of Good Time).  WWY always gets me, though it was a little difficult to hear over the drunk people in front of us discussing “where they were when”.  They did let the first few rows up to the stage, which on one hand I find annoying (if I was front row I would’ve been very annoyed).  But on the other hand, instead of our 2 seats we had about 6 empty seats, so it was very roomy!  Plenty of space to dance!!

He threw out tons of pics and some tshirts, none of which could we catch.  Mom really wanted a pic so I made my way up to the stage at the end and the crew handed me one!  Cheesy  I got some great pictures and took a couple videos I think.  Mom said it was the best concert she has ever been to (believe me we have been to a TON), and I have to agree hands down.   Alan is a wonderful entertainer and a wonderful man.  I am a lifelong fan and cannot wait to see more of him down the road!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:44:33 pm »

How EXCITING!  What a great time!! 

Hope I get to meet AJ someday.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:14:05 pm »

That is fantastic!!! Congrats!! I hope one day I get a M&G with Alan..Glad you had an awesome time!!

RAY
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:59 pm »

Thanks for a great review - glad you & your mom had such a wonderful experience together!  I hope to get a M&G someday, until then it was wonderful reliving your excitement!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:06:27 pm »

Thanks for such a great concert review, lynseyklly!!!  Sounds like you and your Mom had a wonderful time.  Congrats on the M&G - aren't those Meet & Greets just the best!!!  I could feel your excitement, thanks for sharing!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 09:51:23 am »

Your M/G sounds wonderful, so gald you got one. Wasn't it an awesome concert?

"Gone Country"  From KY
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:44:38 pm »

I am so thrilled for all you and your mom experienced, lynsleyklly!!! Wink
I can easily believe you walked out of the m&g and forgot that signed pic
with the directions for your m&g pics, too.  ha ha!!

Thanks for sharing your concert with us, too!!  You will be up there on
cloud 9 for years!!!  It is wonderful that they allow you to bring a guest.
Love that.

Way to Go!!!  <3
lynseyklly

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 02:02:22 pm »

Thanks for all your comments!  It really was amazing, now I just need to get the pictures printed!  Alan was part of our Thanksgiving as usual...lots of sillyness and dancing to "I only want youuuu for Christmas baby..." LOL  Can't wait for more Alan memories. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: