Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 05:50:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: August Thread  (Read 93621 times)
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 09:25:48 am »

Thanks for starting the August thread Elaine and hi to everyone!!!
I miss the PL-section where we used to "safely" chat about our daily things..
Now that everyone can read it, I'll just have to be careful of what I say

AJ IS THE BEST
Cindyg

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 04:21:30 pm »

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on the message board for a very long time, so thought I'd pop into the new site and say hi.  I am also a Canadian fan and live on the west coast just outside Vancouver.  It's good to be back on here!!!!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 06:46:02 pm »

Hi to my fellow Canadian.I live in the
Okanogon Valley.
The weather has been nice but we sure
don't need all that smoke from the Fintry
fire.
Elaine

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 07:22:26 pm »

Guess having the monthly thread not being on a private area keeps us from sharing everyday.  I sure do miss that and "talking" with everyone. 

Not much new here, worked today taking a senior on her monthly shopping trip.  If any of you want to see the pictures of the last weekend's concerts, send me a message and I'll send you the links.  I won't post the links here now.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 06:41:40 am »

I have yet to see Dizzy and I'm concerned about her being able to post

Jeri,  over at the cmt board Dizzy says she can't get on here.  She is having trouble getting it figured out.
I miss Dizzy but I don't remember her whole screename or I would write her and try to explain, even though I'm not sure of just
how I am here lol  Sue perhaps you have her Email address or can explain it to her about re-registering etc..also send her a link to the new board. I could not get my profile to type at first to fill in the info. do we change our info for ordering too?I will wait & see.
BHR my prayers for you on your upcoming surgery. always prayers for your son too. It is stormy here , last night I could not sleep for lightning, got to watch for any changes heading our way in the ocean, I hope this is over before Alan comes in October. I got my Email from Cindy confirming our Hollywood and St Augustine dates. I had not gotten the Hollywood one before the board changed.Take care everyone. Alan is in norway today, I believe! They will enjoy him. prayers for a safe trip & return.
Anyone know where your seats are yet for both Concerts? I don't want to put it on here now, the info...
I haven't had time to go to the CMT board, Everyone take care, Jeri
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:47:11 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 03:16:40 pm »

Hi guy's,
anyone watching tennis in Cincinnati? Old Kim Clijsters is back! lol; Good for woman tennis i think. Have you seen her little daughter running behind her on the court? Too cute!
Hello to everyone,
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 06:45:48 pm »

We are having beautiful weather - sunny & 80's.  Really enjoying it! 
Thinking about all our Scandinavian friends who are seeing Alan the next couple of days.  Anxious to read their reviews!  Enjoy everyone!

Jean, I'm not much into tennis, but I'm excited that Tiger Woods is leading the PGA Championshp after the first day of play.  Go Tiger.

Wish they would fix the smiley faces. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 08:04:19 pm »

Kathy, I wish they would fix the smiley faces too.  I'm sure there are many little things they need to fix.  Sure hope they figure out how to give us a private area again too.

Jean, I'm not into tennis either, sorry.  How's the weather there?  How's the kitchen coming?

Today is my grandson's 12th birthday.  They are coming over this weekend and we will do a birthday party for him, his mother (my oldest daughter) and our youngest son who have birthdays later in the month.  Just found out Boo and Misty will be coming down from up north too, so that's exciting.  My grandson will be so excited as he and Boo are very close and he doesn't know Boo is coming. 

It's still hot here, but it is the desert in August so I guess I can't complain too much.  Hope everyone is well and staying cool.

Livin' On Love in California
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 01:15:32 pm »

Terry how nice to get to have the family
together for their birthdays.
Kelsey was with me for two days .She left
this morning.Enjoy havingher as it is not
often she can come stay with me.
It has been pouring since dinner time last
night.I think we have had enough now.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 01:35:54 pm »

Hello Friends. Not a lot going on here. We are having our usual hot & humid Dog Days of August. It's like this every year.

Terry- Enjoy the birthday celebrations.

Kathy & Elaine- It's great to see Tiger leading after the 1st round.

Hoping we will get a private board soon too.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 03:57:21 pm »

We are seeing hot & humid here today too.  August has definitely arrived.   I went shopping at the mall today - something I haven't done in a long while.  It was nice & I bought a few clothes for the fall. 

Tiger is leading by two strokes now!!

After getting swept by the Phillies, the Cubbies are taking it out on the Pirates.  They are winning 17-2 in the 7th inning today.  It's cool watching the game, because the Air & Water Show is this weekend in Chicago and the jets keeping flying over the ball park.  It will be like that all weekend long.  Sometimes the batter just has to stop & wait for them to fly over - it's very loud!

Terry, enjoy your weekend celebrations! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 04:22:18 pm »

Kathy, we are playing the Phillies this weekend & they are 5 games up on us. We are hoping to gain some ground on them. Good for The Cubs today- tht is really a walloping they're giving the Pirates.

suem

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:11 pm »

Hi to all AJ fans!
Wish this was private.  Will be sharing a lot less personal info.
Just arrived home after 8 days in Florida with hubby and my parents.  We had a wonderful time.  Jana graduated from graduate school at UCF.  We are thrilled and so is she.  Spent a couple of days at St. Augustine's  (actually went by where aj's october concert will be), and then a few days at Daytona Beach.
Jana starts her new job mid September at a New Ritchey Port Hospital.  It's perfect for her!
Beautiful day today here.....Finally a real summer day in Minnesota.
  Really don't like the new board.  So  many things don't work for me!
Missed everyone.  Take care!  Sue
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:28:44 pm by suem » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 11:29:15 am »

Hi Y'all!
Happy Birthday to Taylor!  Terry, I know your family will have a grand time celebrating.  Careful with the four wheelers!  LOL!

I went bowling yesterday at our renovated bowling alley.  It looks really nice!  Took my grandson, Grant and he did pretty good.  I didn't do bad myself, considering I have not bowled since the first of the year.  So glad they have the bowling alley reopened.  Our winter leagues will be starting in September.  I think I may bowl two times a week if they get the senior league started in the afternoon.  Will be bowling Thursday nights again. 

Sue congratulations to your daughter.  That is quite an accomplishment finishing her master's!  My niece is just starting her graduate program at UCF. 

Overcast day today, temps in the 70's.  Hummingbirds love it!  Fish Fry tonight at church.  Hubby is feeling a little under the weather, so I may just get takeout.  I bought a carrot cake at the book sale yesterday.  I was gonna make brownies, but when I saw the cake, I thought, that will help our local library too! 

Y'all have a good Saturday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 12:09:29 pm »

Some good stuff about Alan in the new Country Weekly!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: