Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 09:09:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: August Thread  (Read 93623 times)
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2009, 04:11:49 pm »

Terry I have to give Sue all my credit for my avatar ..I am not computer saavy.
                      Will see you all in St Sugustine.Fla//

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2009, 05:45:19 pm »

Had a busy weekend.Didn't get online
until this afternoon.Was shopping for Teresa's
hubby Jay's birthday.They will come over for dinner
on Thursday.Kelsey goes to the schools volley
ball camp this week. It is hot here.The sun
is a orange ball in the sky from all the smoke
we are getting today.The fire is north of us and
the smoke is coming down the valley.This is the worst
I have ever seen it.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2009, 08:07:29 pm »

Thanks for the prayers to all of you. It is scheduled for next week, I'm a wreck but I will be fine. Our daughter lives here.
Thanks to all for caring.
Love to you, Jeri aka Artsy

PS- Sue your blinkie's get prettier every time I come in here, just so nice, Dizzy's too -great work! Take care to all.
Terry I hope you are not near the Fires... Harriet, I hope you are better too. see you soon...

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 02:37:38 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2009, 08:11:29 pm »

Jeri I will be keeping all of you in my prayers.
Elaine, I hope they get the fires up there under control soon.  I did not realize that the fires and smoke were so bad!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:16:09 pm by AJTexasfan » Logged

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2009, 08:52:05 pm »

Artsy I sure hope your hubby does well with his operation..Glad you got the dr you wanted..
     Glad you have your daughter here..
     Mazie was with me the whole time ..in the Baptist hospital she stayed overnite for two weeks
     and that was a good feeling ..Will be keeping you and hubby in my prayers...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2009, 09:13:57 pm »

Thanks Dizzy and Everyone, I remember yours when Mom was ill. My sis is there w/her now. we have a good Dr.
Prayers anyway please..see ya!
Jeri

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2009, 06:59:10 am »

Hi Y'all,
Have to get busy around here, but always check the email, etc. before I do.  That's a big mistake for getting things done!  LOL!

Jeri, glad your daughter is there for you and your hubby.  He's in my prayers as well as you and family. 

Elaine, enjoy your sil and family Thursday for birthday dinner.  Sorry about the smoke and fires up there.  Hope you get some rain.

Terry, hope that hurricane in the Pacific helps with your drought and fires too.

We have rain today.  Have to go into town later.  Hope the rain lets up when I go!

Dizzy, still think of how cool as cucumbers you and Mazie were at the 20th Anniversary party in Nashville. 

Okay, been here long enough.  Y'all have a great Monday.  Last day of August, can you believe it?

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2009, 08:23:50 am »

Just want to let you Jeri, HariAJFan and Terry know that my thoughts and prayers are with your hubbies. Jeri, glad to hear you found a good doctor to do the procedure your husband needs. He's in good hands. HariAJFan, hope you and your hubby are on the mend now.  Terry, glad to hear too that your hubby has found a job. Prayers that you both keep your jobs a long while.

Sharon, I have no problem taking it easy either but I can only take so many days of taking it easy before I get restless and frustrated. And that's where I'm at right now. So many things to do, re: move, and I can't do a darn thing. I know I have to be a little bit patient but patience is not my virtue either.  :-)  Oh. . .well. . . .

Take care all and thanks for the continued prayers.

BHR

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16:50 pm »

Had a huge party out in the big garage Saturday night.  I think our son invited the whole town..LOL  Had many extra people sleeping in the house Sunday morning, but that's ok, didn't want them driving after the party.  We took our oldest daughter out to dinner last night for her birthday.  We went to Chili's since our other daughter suggested it since she gets a 40% discount. 

BHR, good to hear you're on the mend more each day.  Just continue to take it easy even though it's difficult to be patient.

Sharon, no predictions for rain here at all.  Another fire broke out yesterday near Oak Glen, which is a beautiful apple growing area.  We usually go there in the fall to get great apples.  Two firefighters were killed yesterday on the biggest fire, over near Glendale, which has been doubling each day, when their truck went off the mountain road. 

Elaine, hope the fire near you gets under control soon and the smoke goes away.  The sun and moon look so strange when they get in the western sky where the smoke is.

Sue, sorry your summer is over, seems like it just started.  Sounds like you had a great time with your little man.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that need them.  I'm off to do month end paperwork which takes hours, then homework.  Hope everyone has a great day and week.

Livin' On Love in California
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2009, 01:33:24 pm »

Texasfan the smoke is still bad today.
I sure hope it ends soon.
Sharon we are suppose to get some
rain late tonight.
BHR hope your doing ok and your move goes
well.
Still hot her today.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2009, 02:36:24 pm »

Hi everybody,
Jean Ar, good to see you back on this board. You still enjoy baseball i see ! I missed the Twins stories. lol.

Terry, hope your area is safe from the fires. Another US voyage isn't for next year i think.
I hope your hubby recover well  so he can go to work quickly.

Elaine, Georgie is a big friend ! That's good.
I hope you are safe from the fires too.

Kathy & Sue, we where in the Champagne Region during our vacation in France. We visited some champagnegrowers ... tasting ever time ! Of course at the end of the daytrip. I never drink when i drive. My wife love champagne!

Dizzy, welcom back.

Louann, congrats to Sophie. Beautiful French name.

Jeri, so sorry for hubby's heartproblems. I keep him in my prayers.

Harriet, hope you feel better soon.

This weekend we went to a countryfestival in The Netherlands (Thorn). There was a special/surprice  gast from Canada.
Ashley Robertson. She's 25 and is from Winnipeg, Manitoba. In 2005 she won the European CMA Favorite Female Vocalist of the Year. She was there to promote her new album. On stage she was along playing the guitar. And i can say: that girl can sing !!!
Earlyer this year she was on stage at the Rymann in Nashville.
I had a great day. I just forgot to go on picture with here.

Have a nice day everyone ... take care.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2009, 07:02:55 pm »

WOW!
Y'all have done a Great job with avaters..
and Blinkies!!
GOOD JOB!!

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2009, 08:05:58 pm »

Has anyone heard from Kay lately?  Is she able to post anymore?  She would love seeing all these wonderful blinkies.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2009, 08:29:18 pm »

Another cool weekend.  This weather is unbelievable.  So un-August like.  Hoping we have a mild winter too!

BHR - hope you are feeling better.  Good luck with the move.

Jeri - sorry to hear about your husband.  Prayers & hugs for you both.

Terri - hope those fires stay away from you.  My sister lives in northern CA and she is complaining about the heat - she was moving into a new apartment this weekend & the heat sure didn't help.

Sorry Tiger didn't win this weekend - he came awful close, just couldn't make that putt on 18. 

Finally got my avatar to work - my son helped me and it worked just fine when he attempted it.  I may change the picture later on - it's not a clear pic of AJ, but he has on that gorgeous sleeveless shirt he wore at one of his Chicago concerts a couple of years ago.  GORGEOUS - definitely the sexiest man in country (& out of country too!). 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2009, 10:43:06 pm »

Got most of my paperwork done, have to get one resigned in the morning, the caregiver signed on the wrong day...grrrr   

Jean, the big fire is about 50 miles from us as the crow flies.  Glen didn't have anything to recover from but thanks anyway.  He went back today and was exhausted when he got home with the heat and smoke.  He's starting at 4:30 am tomorrow. 

Kathy, love your avatar. 

Elaine, sure hope you get some rain.  We had hopes from the hurricane off the Baja coast but it looks like it will head towards AZ instead of CA. 

Another fire broke out this afternoon and fire season doesn't start until tomorrow!!!  The biggest one is over 105,000 acres (160 square miles) and they don't expect containment for at least 2 weeks.  There's no wind, which is good and bad.  They can't get too many air support drops into the area because the smoke is so thick and just hanging there but if there's too much of a wind it will help the fire.  The one that started yesterday near the apple orchards hasn't burned since 1925 so it has lots of fuel.  So far they have been able to protect the largest of the apple farms.

Livin' On Love in California
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: