Alan Jackson
May 21, 2024, 06:57:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Big E~Sept.30th  (Read 21609 times)
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 05:49:15 am »

Only 1 week to go..Can't wait!!

RAY
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 10:01:48 pm »

Thanks for the welcome.  I'm still not having much luck getting tix to this coming Sunday at the Big E but I will try up until the day of the show.  At least I'm goin' to Lowell.  But still..... Cry

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 04:47:54 pm »

Only 3 days to go!!! Can't wait!!

RAY
worleygirl

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 08:47:33 am »

The radio station kix will be giving away m&g passes around today also, so there is still hope, can't wait till tonight my seats aren't the best but not real bad saw where theu are last night.
worleygirl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 08:54:30 pm »

The show was awsome, Smiley never got to meet him  Sad
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 06:23:44 am »

I just want to say I had an awesome time..I thought Alan put on a great show and looked like he was having a great time onstage..even joked about the cool air and him being a southern man..Thanks Alan and The Strayhorns..can't wait to see you in a few weeks in Glens Falls,NY!!

RAY
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2012, 07:39:52 pm »

Thanks for the welcome!

I attended my very first AJ concert at the Big E with my good friend.  It was a GREAT show!  I'm a new fan (since TMW was released in June) so I was wondering if I'd know a lot of his setlist.  I'm happy to report that I did - not surprisingly; he's on constant rotation on my CD player at home and in the car. 

So, here's some of Alan's setlist from Sunday:

Drive (for Daddy Gene)
So You Won't Love Me Anymore
Summertime Blues
Good Time
Remember When?
Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning
Itty Bitty

He did so many great songs.  My friend, Susan, was dying for him to sing the song about the Mercury (I'm still learnin').  He did it as his encore and we went wild.

Anyway, I'm going to see him again in October and I'm really excited about the next show.

Can anyone one of you seasoned AJ fans tell me....   how often does he tour?  Does he only tour to promote a new record?   Second queston - I own: Thirty Miles West, FreightTrain, Red on the Rose and Drive (my favorite).  Tell me what I should get next. 

I took a million photos and I'm happy how they came out.  When I get caught up, I'll try to post some here.

My friends and I are counting the days 'til the Lowell, Mass. show. YAY! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2012, 07:45:05 pm »

Sorry - another question (so much to learn)....  His videos show a different fiddle player and there used to be a girl in his band.  Is this travelling band new or does he use different musicians for recording and touring? 

I wanted to add that he's got a very cute sense of humor - he mentioned Randy Travis' recent problem but in a teasing (not mean) way.  Also joked about it being too cool in Springfield for someone who lives in the South.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2012, 08:57:26 pm »

Congrats to All of you who got to see Alan. Isn't He the Best!
 Bostonhonkytonk , Thanks for the nice Review of your time seeing Alan and all of you who comments also.

I have all of Alan's Songs and Video's. I love his rendition in Concert of "The Blues Man" or Mercury Blues"

Alan did have Mark McClurg from OK..but everyone loves the new Guy! I shall miss Mark..I haven't seen a Girl in Alan's Band in Years That I have been going to Concerts, whomever asked..also Alison Kraus did  the "Like Red On A Rose"
or helped produce that album.I really think I would recommend "Alan Jackson Greatest Hits-Volume11"as one of my Favorites. to whomever asked what to buy. Also Alan Tours as often as you see under TOUR above. ha! For posting
Photos on this sight Bostonhonkytonk, I use Photo Bucket. It is easy and not everyone has FaceBook. Love Photos!
You will find Alan has some of the Best Fans also. I have met many wonderful people at his Concerts, among them
Dizzy & Mazie-Sue-Terry-Louann- I was most honored to Meet Alan in 2009, also Roger and later in St Augustine i
shook hands and talked with Monty Allen. They are all Great! The StrayHorns!
So nice to welcome all of you that are new to this AJ SITE.I'm sure some of you have been Fans of Alan's for Years.
Congrats and Welcome! Jeri from MS.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »

Thanks for the tip on the album.  I've also seen one called "The Essential Alan Jackson".   I'll eventually have them all but I appreciate the suggestion. 

I like the new fiddle player alot.  Alan said he's from Pittsburg, I think.  I remember thinking that all of the guys he introduced had home towns in places like Alabama, Georgia, etc..... and then a guy from Pittsburgh! Ha!  Anyway, the whole band is great. 

I remember seeing the video, Small Town Southern Man and there was a girl in the band.  I think she showed up again in the video, Good Time, too.   I suppose with such a long career, he's had different people thru the years. 

And, YES, he is the best!  What a voice!

ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 11:12:40 pm »

The videos you see on the fiddle player  was the recent one. ,The  fiddle player you saw at the concert is new about 6 months nowand does a great job.     Yes there was a girl in the band for awhile  but people do move on.       

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 11:46:04 pm »

I enjoyed the whole band alot. 

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 01:05:16 am »

Sorry - another question (so much to learn)....  His videos show a different fiddle player and there used to be a girl in his band.  Is this travelling band new or does he use different musicians for recording and touring? 

I wanted to add that he's got a very cute sense of humor - he mentioned Randy Travis' recent problem but in a teasing (not mean) way.  Also joked about it being too cool in Springfield for someone who lives in the South.

Yes, there used to be a girl in his band, I believe her name's Melany or Melanie?

AJ IS THE BEST
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 07:29:53 am »

Here are a few pics from the show,,sorry they aren.t the best as I was way back but still so happy to see Alan!!

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e395/raynlynn4ever/Facebook/Alan%20JacksonThe%20Big%20E%20Fair/

RAY
Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 09:45:11 pm »

Thanks for the peek at the Big E shots.  I was there and it was a great show.  I took a lot of photos and I promise to post them. I was in the 8th row.  I'm selling my house so it seems that everything's in boxes.  Gotta keep diggin' for the cord to the camera.   Stay tuned.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: