Alan Jackson
April 25, 2024, 10:00:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE FAN CLUB MEMBER CONTEST!  (Read 30676 times)
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 01:27:16 am »

Congratulations Dot, I know you are so excited. Let us all hear about it. Sharon, I am so sorry you couldn't make it. I know this has been a hugh dream for you to meet Alan. And, you are right Things do happen we have no control over.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 07:38:37 am »

Congratulations Dot - can't wait to hear all about it!!  Sorry again, Sharon, especially under your circumstances.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
mileage

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 01:03:16 pm »

Hey Cindy!!
Thanks for the drawing!!  As always it was a thrill to meet AJ and as usual he was very HOT looking.  I told him I skipped work today and with his usual drawl he said, "I sure hope you don't get fired!"  with his wonderful sense of humor.

Thanks for all the Fan Club does for us FANS!
Had a great time talking to you and all the other AJ Fans!!!
Maggie
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 05:36:35 pm »

I can't wait  to register when it time for FANFAIR ..I hope I get a meet and greet..

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 07:38:00 pm »

Congrats Maggie!!!!  Too funny!

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 08:28:11 pm »

I  got a Meet and Greet too.My husband could not come with me and i did not want to come that far by my self .I sure was sad .But there will be a next time .  Dot and eveyone that got a M & G .I am so happy for you.     Sorry Sharon that you not get to go.    Thanks so much Cindy for the M & G  Thanks for all you do for ALAN'S FANS .Sorry I miss seeing you and the staff.                                                                                                                                                                   Betty
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 05:46:39 pm »

Just now getting here to tell about my wonderful experince.  I can't believe it had been 9 years ago this month I met A. J. now I got to meet him two times in 8 days. How blessed is that?  Not bragging just happy.

I will try to make a long story short.  I only got 3 hours sleep Mon. night, my fault I didn't go to bed. Got up at 3:30 left home at 5:00 got to Nashville around 7:10, would have gotten there sooner but a few things held me up on the way there.  Got in a traffic jam on the interstate had to get off at an exit and wonder around the back streets until I got to Broadway, plus had to find a place to park.
I was lucky and won ticket #10.  This time I bought an A. J. cup which he signed. Plus bar-b-q sauce and a few more small items. When I got to A. J. told him how much I enjoyed his concerts and music and that I saw him last week in Mt. Juliet he said, "Thank You" and that's nice you came to M. J.  Told him to please sign To Dot on the cup, he said, "Okay" that was about all I had time to say.  At least my pic with him this week turned out better than last week, since for some reason I looked like a blimp in the one taken at Mt. Juliet.
Again, Thank you Cindy for the ticket had I not won I wouldn't have gone to Nashville.  Sorry I only got to yell Hi to you since I was in line and you were taking pics.
Hope he comes to three more C. B.'s close to me. Yee Haw

"Gone Country"  From KY
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 06:13:29 pm »

Thanks for sharing your experience, Dot.  What fun to see Alan twice in such a short time!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 07:02:37 pm »

Dot, I have been waiting all day for this.  Thanks for sharing your story.  Alan is the best!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AlanEJacksonFan

OMGMA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2009, 07:47:37 pm »

THats SO NIce Alans Letting the fans Meet with him!!

WAY TO GO Alan!!

and Im happy for the fans!!!

I can't IMAGINE how It would feel to meet him!!!
I would be NUMB!!!

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2009, 09:09:33 pm »

Dot, sounds like another GOOD TIME with Alan.  I'm so happy you got to go again, wish I could have joined you.

Livin' On Love in California
suem

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2009, 06:22:42 pm »

Thanks Dot.....two twices....how cool....I am jealous!

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2009, 08:01:25 pm »

Dot congrats and I am so happy for you too.  Have a good time and lots of fun.  Take Care      nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 10:11:58 pm »

Dot
Congrats on getting to meet Alan, I'm so proud for you! as you know and others , I could not participate in any of this due to my Mom's passing, among other things. Just taking time to heal etc..

Isn't it the greatest to meet a Man whose music you have admired for years..I enjoyed Alan's quirky sense of humor and he is just super nice.I didn't say all I meant to about admiring his work etc.. I started off by breaking the ice and saying
"I Love your work and I drove all the way from Florida to meet you." he smiled that shy grin ha! This was near my old Hometown in MS, where I got to meet him. I enjoyed saying" Hello" to Roger also..His nice smile could light up a room.
Alan was just super nice and has this way of putting YOU at ease, he isn't pretentious at all. He gives you the thanks for coming... He is just an amazing guy.. no one should feel afraid to meet him, I really did feel comfortable to walk up to the stage alone and see Alan. ok. so I was a bit nervous..ha!
Believe me I'm used to going always with my husband but it was a once in a Lifetime treat for me! It carried me through the loss etc..
Also I had seats near the side where Monty Allen came out to speak to the people before the concert and I got up and
asked to shake hands with him. He is super nice and sweet..and talked to me a while, I had asthma & it was an outdoor venue, he said "use Albuterol", I told him I did , my voice was about gone. all of the sudden I hear this voice from back of Monty say"This is Jerrie Alan's Fan", I had forgotten to introduce myself properly..besides Monty was busy talking to others & I interrupted him..sorry Monty. You don't have to guess whose voice I heard say that"This is Jerrie" ha! It was of course The Terry! It's like she's  an Angel, watching over Alan's Fans always..Love her for that! I'm not very brave but I really wanted to see Alan so bad for years, that God must have carried me his way. it was so much fun and so much JoY!
I think everyone remembers when they meet Alan forever..I would love to meet Denise and tell her how much I enjoyed her books. I read "Home" over & over while sitting with my Mom before she died, it helped to read about her kind of faith that she and I share..I am so thankful I got to meet Alan and hope to again someday, to tell him how I love his work!
I know this may sound selfish but I didn't tell him enough, how I think he does such great work and how much I identify w/it.. being from MS Country..
Thanks Alan for being so approchable! Thanks Cindy and God, for my getting to meet this wonderful man!
Jerrie-MS & FL

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:42:20 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 03:04:41 am »

Is the staff on vacation?  I wonder who won the latest contest?  Cindy, Amanda, are you there?  Hope y'all are enjoying your summer and didn't have any damage from the floods.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: