Alan Jackson
May 08, 2024, 10:11:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Opry Go Up For Sale?  (Read 6914 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2012, 09:49:15 pm »

This question shouldn't even be asked, but, apparently the posibiility of it happeneing may not be too distant. I hope it doesn't come to that. It's sad to even fathom it happening. Guess if that happens they could go back to the Ryman, but I'm not sure if it's still structurally sound to be used for Opry shows. This is a shame and just sad.

http://www.theboot.com/2012/05/18/grand-ole-opry-sale-gaylord/

BHR
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:52:49 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:40:05 am »

To make any sale of the Grand Ole Opry financially feasible, it would appear that the newly-rebuilt Opry House would have to be included in the sale.  If so, then having a new owner would not necessarily be all that bad.  Of course, the new buyer would be key.  

The article states that the stock value of Gaylord Entertainment has lost a large percentage of its value over the past few years.  Well, what would you expect with a severe recession, major flood, shutdown of the Opry House and Opry Mills, etc.?  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 11:51:00 pm by IndianaNative » Logged
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 07:38:58 pm »

To make any sale of the Grand Ole Opry financially feasible, it would appear that the newly-rebilt Opry House would have to be included in the sale.  If so, then having a new owner would not necessarily be all that bad.  Of course, the new buyer would be key. 

The article states that the stock value of Gaylord Entertainment has lost a large percentage of its value over the past few years.  Well, what would you expect with a severe recession, major flood, shutdown of the Opry House and Opry Mills, etc.? 

That's right. A lot of businesse have taken a hit.

I find it interesting that the Opry has inducted a lot of new members lately, maybe tring to boost attendance & revenue? Members like Rascal Flatts & Keith Urban, both very popular, are going to bring more people in.

I love Opry at the Ryman but it would be a shame to se that Grand Ole Opry House go to other uses.

susi67

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:57:07 pm »

This should not happen, it would be very sad, a disaster !
The Grand ole Opry is a tradition for Country Music !
Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 12:30:57 pm »

The article stated that Gaylord Entertainment purchased the Grand Ole Opry in 1983.  Who owned the Opry prior to 1983? 
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 02:10:32 pm »

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 04:30:03 pm »

My husband is going to the opry this week to see charlie daniels at the opry, well see if hear anything about the opry. yes they say the opry has been there for 20 years  who owned it before.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »

Asked when picked up tickets,, the lady said she had heard nothing onthe opry  possible closing.             The mall is competely  back open and alot of stores,, some the high fashion clothes  that are costly.   About all the same restuarants  back in  there   with a few fast food ones.  They say  Dollys waterworld park well start breaking ground  early 2013   with a late 2013 or early2014   opening.   We walked around the new graylord  hotel since the rebuilding   very pretty  and alot of resturants back in there  looks different inside then the old one.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:03:46 pm »

Asked when picked up tickets,, the lady said she had heard nothing onthe opry  possible closing.             The mall is competely  back open and alot of stores,, some the high fashion clothes  that are costly.   About all the same restuarants  back in  there   with a few fast food ones.  They say  Dollys waterworld park well start breaking ground  early 2013   with a late 2013 or early2014   opening.   We walked around the new graylord  hotel since the rebuilding   very pretty  and alot of resturants back in there  looks different inside then the old one.

Sounds encouraging.

suem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 11:07:25 pm »

If it does get sold, I hope tradition is upheld....It would be sad to lose a national treasure.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: