Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 11:04:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Listening Party...  (Read 24399 times)
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 02:38:24 am »

BHR, thanks for your concern and email, just sent you an email back..

AJ IS THE BEST
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 06:33:13 pm »

I received an email from Cindy yesterday, stating I had been selected to attend the Listening Party. I am so excited, my friend and I will drive to Nashville in the morning.

"Gone Country"  From KY
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 12:59:06 am »

Dot , I will see you there.
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 06:45:03 am »

Everyone be on the lookout for our twins, Dizzy and Mazie.  They will be at the Listening Party!  Fun day!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 07:49:52 pm »

I am in Nashville  Went to the listening party. Alan was there for maybe 5 minutes but I loved it. I rode over 5 hours on a motorcycle to see him. It was worth it but I  thought I would get to meet him. NOT!! Did meet Cindy. Sorry I did NOT win Ny prizes. Alan looked great. They played his entire new CD. I stood the entire time but not complaining. Maybe next time. 23 years & still waiting patiently Smiley

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »

I got to talk to Dizzie and Mazie yesterday, they are so sweet and friendly. I met them in 2009 (I think that was the year) when A. J. was at Cadillac Ranch.
Betty, I never could find you. I did see Maggie from TX.
BB2832, you certainly are a dedicated fan to ride a motorcycle for 5 hours to see A. J.  I am so sorry you didn't get to meet him. Someday right?  
They gave away some really neat prizes but I wasn't lucky enough to win one.  At least I did get to attend.

"Gone Country"  From KY
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 12:58:29 am »

Sorry,I didnt get to see you Dot . I was at the stage all the time .Didnt you see Gracie up on the stage with ALAN? I sent Walter around the line to look for you.
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 01:25:39 am »

I hope everyone had a great time and so glad for all that went.  I got an email on the 6th from the fan club but I never checked my mail until tonight. I was just sick about it. Had so much going on with a death in the family I didn't take the time to get on the comuter.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 08:33:26 am »

Kimberleigh, sorry you missed it. I did see Dizzie and Mazie on the stage. Juanita was screaming for Alan the entire party. It was a hoot. Don't get me wrong, the motorcycle ride was great. We had good weather. I was with my hubby and friends. We left Friday and just toured some back roads of Tennesse, etc. Great time. Alan looked great. Still trying to find the group photo. I have looked at Tennessean.com, but not sure where to look. Has anyone found it?

Brenda in Indy
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 11:57:24 am »

Not happy at all that I did not receive notice of this in enough time to enter.  I actually learned from a friend that she heard about this.  I went to this site as soon as I heard about it, which was only less than 2 hours before it started.

Like many, I was not in my hotel room and around my laptop much more than to sleep and shower.  Once back in the hotel, it was usually after spending 12-14 hours downtown and was too exhausted to be on fan sites when I returned.  Like many, I also have a smart phone and would check my emails on a fairly regular basis.  Due to it being so loud downtown, it was via email or messaging that was my form of communication.  It could be quite challenging to retain enough of a cell phone battery to do that by night time, I was only able to have a battery left battery left to do such by getting quick charges while I was eating in a restaurant.

I wish that we would have been sent email notification of this event, just like with other events with AJ.  I would have rearranged any plans to meet FC members and enjoy AJ's music and celebrate his new release.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »

I talked to several people at the Listening Party who were not in the Fan Club, but had entered the contest via Facebook or other sites. I understand that as they are trying to build Alan's fanbase. 

I just watched the video added to the home page and do not see myself in it either. I had on a florescent yellowish "Harley" shirt on and I am 5'8' tall, but got cut off in the the group pic somehow. I had a great time regardless. I wish all of you that wanted to be there, could have been.

Brenda in Indy
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 06:02:03 pm »

I read the story on the fan club home page and there are more pictures from the event than was on the Tennessean. I actually found myself and my friend in a few of them. So happy now. Even though I wish Alan would have stayed longer or sang a song or let me hug him, I still had a great time.

Brenda in Indy
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »

Not happy at all that I did not receive notice of this in enough time to enter.  I actually learned from a friend that she heard about this.  I went to this site as soon as I heard about it, which was only less than 2 hours before it started.

Like many, I was not in my hotel room and around my laptop much more than to sleep and shower.  Once back in the hotel, it was usually after spending 12-14 hours downtown and was too exhausted to be on fan sites when I returned.  Like many, I also have a smart phone and would check my emails on a fairly regular basis.  Due to it being so loud downtown, it was via email or messaging that was my form of communication.  It could be quite challenging to retain enough of a cell phone battery to do that by night time, I was only able to have a battery left battery left to do such by getting quick charges while I was eating in a restaurant.

I wish that we would have been sent email notification of this event, just like with other events with AJ.  I would have rearranged any plans to meet FC members and enjoy AJ's music and celebrate his new release.

Miamired, did you, by any chance, sign up for Email Updates? I received my notification. . .and I'm sure so did everyone else who signed up and are receiving news updates from the fan club. . .the 30th of May with the subject line, Alan Jackson News: Last Chance to Pre-Order Thirty Miles West, Win Tickets to A Listening Party with Alan. If you did sign up for it and you didn't get this notification in your Inbox, could it possibly have gone to your Spam folder? If you have not signed up and don't want to miss on things like this, go to Email Updates (click on the tab at the top of this page) and sign up for it. Sorry to hear that you didn't know about this up until couple of hours before the event started. I wish I could have gone myself, but too many things going on and neither my son or my hubby were willing to drive/join me there so I didn't bother enterting the draw for a ticket. Maybe next time.

Glad everyone else who were there had a great time and loads of fun.

BHR

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 07:21:09 am »

Saw the video and Maize and Dizzy were featured!  So great to see them and so glad they got to go on stage.  Glad you got to go too Dot!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 10:21:19 am »

Betty, I looked for you too, there were to many people on stage for me to pick out Gracie, I am certain she has grown a lot since I last saw her. Sorry we missed each other.
BB2832, I saw some lady keep screaming, "Alan" and etc. but had no idea who she was. She was really enjoying herself.

I saw myself in the video and in the pic they showed of Mazie and Dizzie.  I was to their right, I had on a bright red flowered top.  Couldn't find myself in the group pic, I was too far back but that's okay.

Carol and I had a good time, we walked around for awhile after we left H. R. but it was too hot and too many people to stay long. I have always loved Nashville.

Hope it's okay to write this on this post.  My daughter and I went to Bridgestone Area last night to see Cirque du Soleil featuring  M.  Jackson.  It was really good and lasted almost 2 hours. That was my Mother's Day and Birthday gift from my daughter. 

"Gone Country"  From KY
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: