Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 10:23:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Glen Campbell on the Tonight Show  (Read 4235 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:03:14 pm »

Last night I stayed up to watch Glen Campbell perform on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Jay announced that Gen, knowing he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease, has released his last & farewell Album. He performed a couple of the songs from that album & 3 of his children were in the band performing with him. He pointed out his daughter on banjo & keyboards & I think 2 of the guitar players were his sons.

This was very inspiring & wanted to share it with you since Glen Campbell was so instrumental in helping Alan get started.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:50:20 pm »

Harriet,
Thanks for posting this. I had seen Glen on TV, where he told about this. Pray they have a new drug now I think that slows the progress or keeps it at the stage it is, so maybe God willing, he can get this treatment..sad. sad Indeed.
He still sounds good and I'm so glad he's doing the Album. Yes, he was instrumental in Alan's career!
I remember Glen Campbell's Hay Days, when he sang "Rhinestone Cowboy" and others.

I have a feeling that Alan Jackson would be Famous Today Just as he is, God gave him a Gift for Singing and Writing!
Enjoy Alan @ Macon!
Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:59:42 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 01:56:36 pm »

Harriet thanks. So sad to hear that. Always
been a fan of Glen.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 07:07:29 pm »

Thanks, Jeri & Elaine. I have Glen's video for Rhinestone Cowboy on my iPod. I really like his songs.

Yes, Jeri, Alan would have been successful anyway but Glenn helped him get his foot in the door & maybe speeded up the process.

WiFanKathy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 10:51:30 am »

I'm so sorry to hear that! Glen had a big role in helping Alan. We even saw Dwight Yoakum recently and he sang one of Glen's songs... he's been a big influence on a lot of artists.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: