Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 12:45:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan at De State Fair - Autograph Signing during Encore  (Read 7135 times)
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2011, 02:04:32 am »

I have never seen anything like it!   We were all stuck behind this big metal fence like caged animals.  Alan kept telling everyone to come up to the stage, but we couldn't get past this huge fence.  He was sooo far away, he could barely flick the picks into the first row!

On the other side of the fence separating the fans from the stage also were 2 big concrete platforms (levels) that would get you closer and higher up towards the stage if you could ever get past the darn gate.

Alan kept motioning and asking people to come up, but there was no way past these gates.   We tried to get security to let us up, but it wasn't happening.   When Alan came out for his encore of Mercury Blues....STILL no fans at the stage for him to sign autographs.   He was a real trooper...waving and apologizing for not being able to sign for his fans.  Finally just as he was ending Mercury Blues and saying his goodbyes...someone got through. I am not sure what happened after that but it was like a flood of humanity rushing the stage.   

Instead of leaving as he was about to do, Alan turned around to this mob of fans, and starting signing everything that was put anywhere near him.  People had climbed up both concrete platforms to get their items signed.  I have never seen so many fans that close to the stage at one time.  It was just incredible.    Alan signed and signed, and the Strayhorns played and played....seemed like forever.

Then Alan said, I'm gonna sing this again, and re-sang the last chorus of Mercury Blues before he left.     

Paul got to the stage... I went back to my seat and snagged a few pictures of this incredible event.
 ARE WE ALLOWED TO POST PICTURES HERE???
I'd love to share them.

Hope

What a Day Yesterday Was!
DOUGHERTYLI

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:14:23 am »

I was there also. managed to get to the stage, after scaling the fence, got great shots, autograph and shook his hand.  Awesome show!!!
taccat8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:34:35 pm »

Got back from Del. (live in PA).  I have been to many of Alan's concerts in the last 20 years and that goes down as one of his best! I was up where the action was and it would be great to see some those pics. The best keeps getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:15:30 pm »

Hope hi!

Sounds so exciting , but some venues are afraid of people getting crushed. This sounds like a night that Alan Just wanted to stay and be there for the Fans. So glad you got to the stage. I got there once here in FL and it was so exciting..

Please Do post the photos you have of Alan. I  post photos here of concerts I attend. I am so happy you got to see Alan and sounds like he is enjoying himself and also the Band.

At Fairs the crowds would be more organized and that was a perfect time for Alan to sign, during his encore of Mercury Blues, this is usually when people go to the stage. So glad you got photos, Please share..Thanks for the great article and I'm so happy for you, Jeri-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:20:33 am »

What is the policy for posting pictures here?

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:41:21 am »

What is the policy for posting pictures here?

Hope, there's no particular official policy on posting your own pictures from Alan's concerts here that I'm aware of. Other fans have done it before and it sure was fun looking at those photos for those of us who were not in those particular concerts. The only thing you have to be a little careful with is the size of the photos you'll be posting. You may also upload them as a photo album to any photo album sites online and then just post the link to your own album here. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

BHR

hounddogfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:15 pm »

Hi Hope,
 Great to see you and Paul. We did have a really great time. Alan looked really great and smiled
so much. Great concert and a great time. Love to see you pictures!
HopeRothrock

YAY!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 01:48:24 am »

I really only got pictures of the mass crowd during Mercury Blues because the camera wasn't focusing very well from where we were at.  I'll try to post them on my website and then I guess put the links to them here tomorrow.  I might have a good one of Alan performing, I'll have to check.

I thought the concert was one of his best! He really seemed to be enjoying himself up there.  It's been awhile since he's played in Delaware.  One of the first concerts I saw him perform at was at this venue when Matt was a baby  (he's almost 21 now).  So many since then  (over 300 now?), but still this one ranked way up there on the list of memorable shows. 

Hope

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 10:50:32 am »

Wow, it sounds like an incredible show. After what happened in Indianpolis Saturday at the fair, I'm glad no one got hurt trying to get to the stage. Can't wait to see your pictures. Take care.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: